Fallout 76 General Thread - Bethesda does it again!

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
"Everything is just fine here people. Nothing to see here. Just sit back and wait for those delicious patches and expansion packs. Plus our gay wedding and kill all cishet male quest update to show we are good allies. In the meantime just keep sending us more money and copies of your birth certificates."

Last edited:

MeatRokket08

This world is so fucked, let's end it tonight
kiwifarms.net
"Everything is just fine here people. Nothing to see here. Just sit back and wait for those delicious patches and expansion packs. Plus our gay wedding update to show we are good allies. In the meantime just keep sending us more money and copies of your birth certificates."
Gee Todd, I dont know. You look like your shit is getting fucked up

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

Say what you mean and say it mean.
kiwifarms.net

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

kiwifarms.net
This buggy mess is a buggy mess even by Bugthesda standards.
Almost everything Bethesda has put out has been a boring and buggy mess. The exceptions are things handled by other studios, like Obsidian. Their games, on paper, are amazing, but the finished product is always just shite. It's cool that the modders can do so much with the game, but it's kind of a crock though somewhat hilariously admirable that a company has been able to outsource a lot of the work in making a compelling game out to their own customers. Can't mod a pseudo-MMO though, so disregarding bugs this is destined to permanently be a boring mess.

I would say that the reason is is because Bethesda is re-writing the engine to modernize it and not make it look like shit, but it turns out they aren't. They're just adding more lipstick to this pig. I think it's safe to say that Bethesda's relevance is finally starting to wane. That's fine, there's better studios out there.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
The most infuriating attitude of gamers, one that makes me wish I could slap some sense into people via standard TCP/IP connection, is the "I haven't had the problem you describe, therefore it does not exist" attitude of the most obnoxious fanboys.
The words "shill" and "drone" were invented just for them.
I especially hate it when they use it to dismiss someone's opinion on a video game, saying they didn't have a problem with it and the person should stop whining (I saw this when someone criticized the new God of War's camera for being too close).

More on topic, it's disturbing to me that this many people are so willing to forgive Bethesda for giving them a shitty product. I can't think of any other medium where people will just forgive and forget the major companies fucking them in the ass outside of the really autistic movie fanbases.

shartshooter

kiwifarms.net
Reddit loves to strawman every idea they disagree with as incel, but it's kids with all the time in the world who can sort out Bethesda's bullshit, not adults. When you're blasted with responsibility the absolute last thing you want is some fucking 2GB patch every time you boot up or sleuth google for bug workarounds. The guy just has terrible Reddit taste.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
Reddit loves to strawman every idea they disagree with as incel, but it's kids with all the time in the world who can sort out Bethesda's bullshit, not adults. When you're blasted with responsibility the absolute last thing you want is some fucking 2GB patch every time you boot up or sleuth google for bug workarounds. The guy just has terrible Reddit taste.
Ain't that the truth? I saw a meme post about this game being shit on by rightfully everyone and you have a bunch of fanboys trying to say that people have no right to judge the game because they haven't played it (which only works if the game DOES NOT delete itself) OR that Bethesda will fix it somehow. When are people going to learn that this is a culmination of their major fuck-ups and that they won't listen. They're using the same engine for the next game. Now's the time to wake up and realize they aren't going to give you what you want.

There's a fine line between wanting to have faith and completely ignoring what's happening in front of you.

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

kiwifarms.net
>Robert S. Trump
They're gonna pin Trump on this one way or the other.
Hey! This is how we can get reddit to boycott this shit! Just say that some Trump guy was involved. They don't even have to be related, the second they hear "Trump" their Manchurian candidate programming is activated and they start shrieking and raising their fists up in the air and stuff.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
More on topic, it's disturbing to me that this many people are so willing to forgive Bethesda for giving them a shitty product. I can't think of any other medium where people will just forgive and forget the major companies fucking them in the ass outside of the really autistic movie fanbases.
Videogames (or media in general) have fostered the kind of brand loyalty that usually is only found in political zealotry.
Gamers will tear each other apart over which console has the better exclusives instead of demanding games being ported to all systems.
Gamers will forgive and forget being used like piggy banks from uncaring, outright abusive companies.
Gamers have pity with multibillion dollar companies, blissfully unaware that the people they hold in such high regards (ie: The CEOs) are effectively treating the ones doing the actual work like braindead slaves.

And now, like a hundred times before, we have idiots willing to blindly lap up the shit, cause god beware Bethesda might go tits up and stop making horrible video games. Apparently, it's more important to keep the brand of the company alive than to have actually well made games.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino