Project Wingman -

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
is there a comprehensive list of flyable aircraft in this game?

KingElizabeth

kiwifarms.net
is there a comprehensive list of flyable aircraft in this game?
Two variants of the Mig 21
Two variants of the F-4 Phantom II
Saab 37 Wiggen
F-16
Canadian CF-105 Arrow
Su-25
Mig-31
F-14 Tomcat
Mig-29
Harrier II
F/A-18 Hornet
F-15
Su-27
Su-37 Terminator aka the Su-33
F-15 MTD
Something called the VX-23 which is the F-22 but with forward canards and the wings joined with the elevators.
Something called the Chimera which is the Su-57 but with the wings joined with the elevators.
Two more Project Wingmanverse aircraft, SP-34R and PW-MK.I both of which look sneakingly similar to the Macross VF-11

For a total of 21 playable aircraft.

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
Still needs the A-10, and I originally thought the Chimera was an F-16XL/F-22 hybrid. The F-16XL heritage would have explained why it can carry enough MLAG's to wipe out a couple tank companies in a single salvo. I guess if it was added it would be UGBL-3's and SAA's instead. I still want that baby to show up too. The F-15 can't hog all the experimental glory!

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net
Still needs the A-10, and I originally thought the Chimera was an F-16XL/F-22 hybrid. The F-16XL heritage would have explained why it can carry enough MLAG's to wipe out a couple tank companies in a single salvo. I guess if it was added it would be UGBL-3's and SAA's instead. I still want that baby to show up too. The F-15 can't hog all the experimental glory!
The Chimera is actually a plane designed by people in the Ace Combat thread on 4chan's /vg/ board. They basically just took parts of the most advanced jets and voted for which parts to put on the plane. Hence the name Chimera.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Just finished the campaign. The game is fantastic. Back to back "blow everything the fuck up" missions packed with targets. No square-enix'ish plots. Back to the good old AC4 days, but looking damn great while doing it.

Snekposter

kiwifarms.net
Yep. Can play with joystick, physics and control can be set to realistic, throttle is analog instead of "some" "more" "all" like in AC and you can and will accidentally cut thrust to zero and start stalling out if you have a dedicated throttle control like my joystick does, and you can and will lose energy from turns... its definitely a lot more involved than AC, and I had to turn the controls to novice when I played thanks to my total inexperience with actual flight physics.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
The only gripe that I have with this is that they kind of rushed Crimson One's descent into insanity. Could have used another encounter or two with him, but at least the devs have the chops to admit that their game isn't perfect in the credits.

Snekposter

kiwifarms.net
The only gripe that I have with this is that they kind of rushed Crimson One's descent into insanity. Could have used another encounter or two with him, but at least the devs have the chops to admit that their game isn't perfect in the credits.
Eh... The Prospero disaster is reason enough IMO. Can you imagine tying your psyche into utter knots to keep working for the guys who did something like that, and thinking you're bringing actual peace to your countrymen? That said the final two battles felt like a total punch to the gut. Here we are... we've "won" and by that I mean we get cockblocked offscreen from wiping out the Federation troops to the last man for what they've done to our country and then... some asshole come out of nowhere and drops Cordium ordnance all over the city wrecking everything we fought for over the whole campaign.

Senty

The OG Cat!
kiwifarms.net
Gotta say, this is perhaps one of the best games I've played in 2020. The gameplay is just so good, perhaps even better than AC7. Though, I will admit that the game really kicked my ass, especially on Mercenary mode. I had to use PW.MK1 just to roll through Mercenary mode.

P.S.
And oh yeah, this is also in the game.
1609641404733.png

Last edited:

Pixy

Yo, buddy. Still alive
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me a lot of Sulejmani in one of those PSP Ace Combat games with his whole 'muh honor, muh pride, muh life' spiel.