RIP Thread -

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net
Feeling seriously old today: people whose posters once adorned my youthful walls died today. Fuck. Somehow... I hadn't realised I was that fucking old yet, y'know?
Well 52 isn't old. He didn't die of old age, he died of a terrible medical situation. Keith Flint on the other hand, killed himself, so fuck him.

Luke was Perfect. 5 year old me wanted to marry Luke Perry, damn it. Why not take Charlie Sheen instead?

Shiversblood

kiwifarms.net
A lot of men have been dying recently, and now I start to wonder what the connection is King Kong bundy

Luke perry died at the hospital a group as far numbering as 300 decided they are going to sue the hospital. The homosexual men meet up outside the hospital. They start screaming and yelling and saying we want justice for Luke perry and the homosexual men charge the hospital running inside a homosexual male quickly snapsna nurse neck one homosexual male grabs a scapple and slices the neck of the nurse, doctor, then patient , a security guard quickly shoots a homosexual male on the forehead a large group of homosexual men charge the cop and disarm him and pull down his pants and take turns anal canal his anus
Then send in swat and all 300 homosexual men get shot to death

Glad I couldn't help

Now with edge anime avatar
kiwifarms.net
Co-inventor of the handheld calculator dead at 86

Jerry Merryman was in a Texas Instruments team of 3 credited with the invention
The Associated Press · Posted: Mar 05, 2019 8:54 PM ET | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

Jerry Merryman, one of the inventors of the handheld electronic calculator, described by those who knew him as not only brilliant but also kind with a good sense of humour, has died. He was 86.
Merryman died Feb. 27 at a Dallas hospital from complications of heart and kidney failure, said his stepdaughter, Kim Ikovic. She said he'd been hospitalized since late December after experiencing complications during surgery to install a pacemaker.
He's one of the three men credited with inventing the handheld calculator while working at Dallas-based Texas Instruments. The team was led by Jack Kilby, who made way for today's computers with the invention of the integrated circuit and won the Nobel Prize, and also included James Van Tassel. The prototype the trio built is at the Smithsonian Institution.
"I have a PhD in material science and I've known hundreds of scientists, professors, Nobel Prize winners and so on," said Vernon Porter, a former TI colleague and friend. "Jerry Merryman was the most brilliant man that I've ever met. Period. Absolutely, outstandingly brilliant. He had an incredible memory and he had an ability to pull up formulas, information, on almost any subject."

Merryman, right, and Jack Kilby at the American Computer Museum in Bozeman, Mont., in 1997. ((Phyllis Merryman/Associated Press)
Another former TI colleague and friend, Ed Millis, said, "Jerry did the circuit design on this thing in three days, and if he was ever around, he'd lean over and say, 'and nights."'
Merryman told NPR's All Things Considered in 2013, "It was late 1965 and Jack Kilby, my boss, presented the idea of a calculator. He called some people in his office. He says, we'd like to have some sort of computing device, perhaps to replace the slide ruler. It would be nice if it were as small as this little book that I have in my hand."
Merryman added, "Silly me, I thought we were just making a calculator, but we were creating an electronic revolution."
The Smithsonian says that the three had made enough progress by September 1967 to apply for a patent, which was subsequently revised before the final application in June 1974.

Merryman was born near the small city of Hearne in Central Texas on June 17, 1932. By the age of 11 or so he'd become the radio repairman for the town.
"He'd scrap together a few cents to go to the movies in the afternoons and evenings, and the police would come get him out ... because their radios would break and he had to fix them," said Merryman's wife, Phyllis Merryman.
He went to Texas A&M University but didn't finish. Instead, he went to work in the university's department of oceanography and meteorology and before long was on an oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico measuring the force of hurricane winds. He started at Texas Instruments in 1963, at the age of 30.

Merryman and his colleagues came up with the prototype while working at Texas Instruments in the 1960s. (Mike Blake/Reuters)
His friends and family say he was always creating something. His daughter Melissa Merryman recalls him making his own tuner for their piano. Friend and former colleague Gaynel Lockhart remembers a telescope in concrete at his home with a motor attached that would allow it to follow a planet throughout the night.
Despite his accomplishments, he was humble. "He wouldn't ever boast or brag about himself, not ever," said Melissa Merryman, who became stepsisters with her friend Kim Ikovic when they set up their parents, who got married in 1993.
Jerry Merryman retired from TI in January 1994, the company said.
"He always said that he didn't care anything about being famous; if his friends thought he did a good job, he was happy," Phyllis Merryman said.
RIP calculator man.

Shiversblood

kiwifarms.net
Trent is reading the newspaper. He hears a loud pounding on his front door. He goes and opens the door. A man quickly barges in and tackles Trent to the ground. It’s luke perry. Luke perry closes the front door and locks in, then says, “hello Trent, I desire anus” Trent ponders this for a moment, then says, “no problem bro I got you!” Trent then rips off his trousers and bends over, presenting his anus. “Now this looks like pleasure.” Luke perry says and quickly slams his penis into the anus of Trent. He is hella thrusting.

Mr Magenta bursts into the room and begins opening fire. One bullet hits Luke perry in the shoulder. “You greedy mr Magenta! All I wanted was some anus!” Luke perry screams. Luke perry then has a stroke and dies

Trent was hella giving Luke Perry cpr after he had his stroke. “No god damnit Luke perry don’t you die on me!!!!” Trent was screaming as he was giving the motionless man cpr. Trent pulls out his iPhone and dials 911. “911 what’s a black mans emergency.” 911 dispatcher says. “My good friend Luke perry is dying of a stroke!!!” Trent screams at the top of his lungs into the cell phone. “Quickly give him cod!!!” 911 screams. “I been giving him cpr for the past 45 minutes son!” Trent screams “god damnit mr Magenta this is all your fault if you hadn’t of scared luke perry he wouldn’t have had stroke. “Trent screams. Luke perry is taken to the hospital and dies

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
RIP Airwolf star Jan-Michael Vincent, who actually died on February 10th but his death wasn't announced publicly until March 8th.

Jan-Michael Vincent, the ‘80s star best known for his role on TV’s hit series “Airwolf,” has died.

According to a death certificate from a North Carolina hospital published by TMZ Friday, the actor passed away on Feb. 10 after suffering a cardiac arrest. The document shows Vincent was 73 at the time of his death and that no autopsy was performed.

The cause of death was listed as cardiac arrest.

The former heartthrob’s final role was in 2002’s “White Boy.”

Before Vincent’s rise to stardom, he appeared in 1978’s “Hooper” alongside Burt Reynolds, followed by “Hard Country” opposite Kim Basinger in 1981. He steadily worked in Hollywood for three decades and appeared in numerous hit TV shows, including “Lassie,” “Bonanza” and “Gunsmoke,” among others.

“Airwolf,” which aired from 1984 until 1986, told the tale of renegade pilot Stringfellow Hawke, who goes on missions with an advanced battle helicopter as part of a deal with an intelligence agency to look for his missing brother.

The CBS series made Vincent a massive star and at the time was reportedly the highest-paid actor, earning a whopping $200G per episode. Still, TMZ noted “Airwolf” lasted only a couple of seasons largely in part to Vincent’s cocaine abuse.

In 2012, Vincent cheated death after suffering from an infection that required his right leg to be amputated.

He is survived by his wife, Patricia, and his daughter, Amber.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
Vincent was capable of amazing work, but he led an extremely troubled life and his career was derailed by his alcohol and drug problems that were, even by Hollywood standards, very serious. His making it to 73 was far more than a lot of people expected.

He became so bad to work with on "Airwolf" that to make him aware of how close he was to getting the axe, the producers and the network arranged for a hit-piece to be published about him, in the pages of TV Guide. Which, compared to how often networks and producers would work to conceal such problems, showed how serious they were.

Bogs

She hates that dog
kiwifarms.net
RIP cyclist Kelly Catlin, a silver medalist in the 2016 Olympics and three time good medalist in the UCI world championship. Who, in the midst of a degree for computational mathematics and after allegedly suffering from a recent concussion, took her own life at the age of 23

Tags
rip

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino