RIP Thread -

Exceptional Mafioso

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure you heard of the manga author, Kazou Koike. I really enjoyed his work on Lone Wolf and Cub (the characters appeared in Samurai Jack once) and while he lived a long life, its sad to see him go.
Just re-read Lone Wolf and Cub in February. It is a masterpiece.

I was looking for this thread. He wasn't anyone famous or anything but a very good man I knew died this week in a meaningless way. Some asshole kid rear ended his car and sent my man into a light pole, then ran from the scene. My friend was pinned in the car and couldn't escape, authorities eventually cut him out but he died during surgery.

He survived torture in Africa (the skin on his back was a horror show) and came to America several decades ago. Everything he made (including all of those overtime hours, he was an overtime machine!) went toward bringing a member of his family over to the States. And god bless him, he got almost all of them over here where they live as citizens and contribute. A true American story. He was planning to retire this year or next, with a big trip to see his remaining family in Africa this summer. It was one of the few times he would have spent money on himself; the only other thing he ever did for himself was get that awesome car that he had.

And some kid killed him and left him in the street to die. They haven't caught the killer yet, but the police know his identity and were able to snag the car while it was being re-painted. I hope they throw him off the pier.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure you heard of the manga author, Kazou Koike. I really enjoyed his work on Lone Wolf and Cub (the characters appeared in Samurai Jack once) and while he lived a long life, its sad to see him go.
He created more than a few series of note, collaborating with fantastic artists, like LW&C, Samurai Executioner, Crying Freeman,

Lady Snowblood, and...Mad Bull 34, the most realistic depiction of life in NYC and in the NYPD ever made.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Southern Gentleman
kiwifarms.net
Mad Bull 34 was one of my favorite works from the old-school violent edgy anime OVA era of the 1980's and early 1990's.

The creator of that awesome work will be missed. Haven't got to check out Lone Wolf and Cub yet, but I intend to do so very soon.

• Feels
Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actor Douglas Rain, voice of HAL 9000
RIP Ricky Jay
RIP Dick Miller.
RIP Larry Cohen, director of Q: The Winged Serpent and The Stuff.
The Stuff is such a great movie. I stopped checking here after Harry Dean Stanton died I think. there's been a lot since then.

rip

Cat Menagerie

kiwifarms.net
Peter Mayhew, best known as Chewbacca, has died aged 74.
That is really a shame. He was a wonderful man who loved his role and his fans. He would chat and sign autographs for people for hours on end.

Living relatively close to his Texas home, I saw him at many events, and would have seen him this weekend. I don't think I'll bother going now.

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mad Bull 34 was one of my favorite works from the old-school violent edgy anime OVA era of the 1980's and early 1990's.

The creator of that awesome work will be missed. Haven't got to check out Lone Wolf and Cub yet, but I intend to do so very soon.
Oh, nice! Haven't seen this. Can you recommend another similar title? I love this era.

A Owl

F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuitbarrel
kiwifarms.net
Peter Mayhew, best known as Chewbacca, has died aged 74.
Thank you for posting, I would just like to add a follow-up / obit:

This line really got me:

Following roles in the original Star Wars trilogy and episode three of the prequels, Mayhew “fought his way back from being wheelchair-bound to stand tall and portray Chewbacca once more".

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

American actress Doris Day, whose wholesome screen presence stood for a time of innocence in '60s films, has died at the age of 97, her foundation has said.

The Doris Day Animal Foundation confirmed the legendary Hollywood star died early on Monday at her Carmel Valley home in California.

Day, who starred as Calamity Jane in the 1953 film, was surrounded by close friends and "had been in excellent physical health for her age, until recently contracting a serious case of pneumonia".

She was known for her honey-voiced singer and actress whose film dramas, musicals and comedies made her a top star in the 1950s and '60s and among the most popular screen actresses in history.

Day's lilting voice, wholesome blond beauty and ultra-bright smile brought her a string of hits, first on records, and then later in Hollywood.

She celebrated her 97th birthday on April 3.

Tags
rip

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino