RIP Thread -

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure you heard of the manga author, Kazou Koike. I really enjoyed his work on Lone Wolf and Cub (the characters appeared in Samurai Jack once) and while he lived a long life, its sad to see him go.
He created more than a few series of note, collaborating with fantastic artists, like LW&C, Samurai Executioner, Crying Freeman,

Lady Snowblood, and...Mad Bull 34, the most realistic depiction of life in NYC and in the NYPD ever made.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Commie Punks Fuck Off!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mad Bull 34 was one of my favorite works from the old-school violent edgy anime OVA era of the 1980's and early 1990's.

The creator of that awesome work will be missed. Haven't got to check out Lone Wolf and Cub yet, but I intend to do so very soon.

• Feels
Reactions: Gator Young Henning

cuddle striker

Karen Farms: harmful enlargement pills
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actor Douglas Rain, voice of HAL 9000
RIP Ricky Jay
RIP Dick Miller.
RIP Larry Cohen, director of Q: The Winged Serpent and The Stuff.
The Stuff is such a great movie. I stopped checking here after Harry Dean Stanton died I think. there's been a lot since then.

rip

Cat Menagerie

kiwifarms.net
Peter Mayhew, best known as Chewbacca, has died aged 74.
That is really a shame. He was a wonderful man who loved his role and his fans. He would chat and sign autographs for people for hours on end.

Living relatively close to his Texas home, I saw him at many events, and would have seen him this weekend. I don't think I'll bother going now.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mad Bull 34 was one of my favorite works from the old-school violent edgy anime OVA era of the 1980's and early 1990's.

The creator of that awesome work will be missed. Haven't got to check out Lone Wolf and Cub yet, but I intend to do so very soon.
Oh, nice! Haven't seen this. Can you recommend another similar title? I love this era.

A Owl

F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuitbarrel
kiwifarms.net
Peter Mayhew, best known as Chewbacca, has died aged 74.
Thank you for posting, I would just like to add a follow-up / obit:

This line really got me:

Following roles in the original Star Wars trilogy and episode three of the prequels, Mayhew “fought his way back from being wheelchair-bound to stand tall and portray Chewbacca once more".

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net

American actress Doris Day, whose wholesome screen presence stood for a time of innocence in '60s films, has died at the age of 97, her foundation has said.

The Doris Day Animal Foundation confirmed the legendary Hollywood star died early on Monday at her Carmel Valley home in California.

Day, who starred as Calamity Jane in the 1953 film, was surrounded by close friends and "had been in excellent physical health for her age, until recently contracting a serious case of pneumonia".

She was known for her honey-voiced singer and actress whose film dramas, musicals and comedies made her a top star in the 1950s and '60s and among the most popular screen actresses in history.

Day's lilting voice, wholesome blond beauty and ultra-bright smile brought her a string of hits, first on records, and then later in Hollywood.

She celebrated her 97th birthday on April 3.

A Owl

F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuitbarrel
kiwifarms.net
I honestly thought Doris Day died years ago.
I'll admit at times I have confused her with Fay Wray.
Please forgive DD sperging, she was special to me cos reasons:

Her film career took a bit of a back seat come the Swinging sixties/ sexual revolution, it wasn't really her style... She was offered and turned down the role of Mrs Robinson! She focused more on TV shows and then went quiet with showbiz altogether for the most part - setting up her animal foundation, which is still going strong and is a wonderful legacy, as well as her films and music.

dorisday.jpg

:feels:

Gordon Cole

Yep, he's dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please forgive DD sperging, she was special to me cos reasons:

Her film career took a bit of a back seat come the Swinging sixties/ sexual revolution, it wasn't really her style... She was offered and turned down the role of Mrs Robinson! She focused more on TV shows and then went quiet with showbiz altogether for the most part - setting up her animal foundation, which is still going strong and is a wonderful legacy, as well as her films and music.

View attachment 757634

:feels:
I didn't mean to insult either her movies or her as a person, I was just surprised that she was alive for so long. It's like finding out that Olivia de Hallivand is still alive.

Shit, did I just jinx it for Olivia de Hallivand?

Tags
None