RIP Thread -

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Marnie the Dog passed away on Thursday. She was 18.
Still, not bad for living that long for a dog.

EDIT: I will have to report a dog in my house passed away sometime this morning. I knew something was up in how she acted for the past week with this strong need to be close to me in her last hours. I couldn't bare to see her die and knew her time was coming. This all happened after she hurt her right front leg and hadn't been the same for the past month. She is in a better place now. 😥

Last edited:

Karl_der_Grosse

Torah Lovin' Cousin-Fuckin' Pure D Mountain J-e-w
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
RIP my grandpa. He was one of the kindest men I've ever known. He was on a worldwide trip when World War II broke out and narrowly escaped being interned in several very unpleasant places. When Germany surrendered and the Germans faced a looming threat of mass starvation, he specifically was asked by the US government to setup and streamline rationing procedures (food distribution was his main area of business expertise). He helped save millions. He never asked for or received official recognition.

Besides this he was an extremely interesting guy. He grew up in a wealthy, well-connected family but left home when he was 17 to work on a tramp steamer all throughout Central and South America. After two years of this he went to Dartmouth and graduated near the top of his class before going on to run a very successful corporation. He translated Greek and Latin histories for fun, and he was quite good at it. I have his translation notebooks, they're some of my most prized possessions. He knew my interest in history so he specifically left them to me in his will, along with his favorite cufflinks. The cufflinks are made out of authentic Alaskan gold nuggets and weigh about a pound each. He won them playing poker at Hot Springs, Arkansas in the 1920's. Hot Springs was the famously mob-run Las Vegas before Las Vegas.

I also have some of his art. He collected primitive art from Africa, several very beautiful pieces made from large chunks of ivory. Some pre-Columbian bowls and a couple of statues. The statues are more gruesome than nice to look at, but they're still pretty interesting.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
RIP my grandpa. He was one of the kindest men I've ever known. He was on a worldwide trip when World War II broke out and narrowly escaped being interned in several very unpleasant places. When Germany surrendered and the Germans faced a looming threat of mass starvation, he specifically was asked by the US government to setup and streamline rationing procedures (food distribution was his main area of business expertise). He helped save millions. He never asked for or received official recognition.

Besides this he was an extremely interesting guy. He grew up in a wealthy, well-connected family but left home when he was 17 to work on a tramp steamer all throughout Central and South America. After two years of this he went to Dartmouth and graduated near the top of his class before going on to run a very successful corporation. He translated Greek and Latin histories for fun, and he was quite good at it. I have his translation notebooks, they're some of my most prized possessions. He knew my interest in history so he specifically left them to me in his will, along with his favorite cufflinks. The cufflinks are made out of authentic Alaskan gold nuggets and weigh about a pound each. He won them playing poker at Hot Springs, Arkansas in the 1920's. Hot Springs was the famously mob-run Las Vegas before Las Vegas.

I also have some of his art. He collected primitive art from Africa, several very beautiful pieces made from large chunks of ivory. Some pre-Columbian bowls and a couple of statues. The statues are more gruesome than nice to look at, but they're still pretty interesting.
Lives like that are too cool for movies. He sounds like a cool guy, hope he's enjoying his well earned rest.

Jack Welsh, James Lipton and then Max... man :( rough week.

Tags
None