Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saw an article about one of the migrant caravans coming up toward the US border had a half dozen people pop for the virus, now the article is fucking gone.

Either it was bad reporting (LOL, what am I saying, all reporting is bad reporting) or the article was yanked.

Just one thing to remember, when dealing with Chinese or Communist reports of sick and dead from a disaster or disease, always multiple the numbers released officially by 10 in the case of Communist and 100 in the case of China. They've got a billion screaming chinks, the West doesn't understand that human life just ain't worth that much when you got a billion other motherfuckers to worry about.

I'm wondering if this shit is gonna spread to Africa from some businessmen jumping the quarantine by running to the Dark Continent to avoid getting locked out of the sweet sweet perks of working in Bongo Bongo.

Still, this is gonna be a big nothing burger.

Titan Lithos

Classic Rock
kiwifarms.net
If anything, it'll just grow the fashion industry for respirators and surgical masks.
1579741618587.png
:tycesuit:

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

Youscatgetouttahereg-go-gogetthestick-getouttahere
kiwifarms.net
I often recommend Frank Dikötter’s People’s Trilogy of works about China in the 20th century to people interested in how China got to where and how it is now. Dikötter got access to previously confidential archival information to write these works, and the picture he paints of the scale of hardship, death and transformative change in China in the last hundred years is terrifying.

What you say here of the populace in China being one that has learnt to do absolutely anything to survive is absolutely correct. Within living memory, Chinese people resorted to cannibalism to survive the worst famine humankind has ever known. They denounced hundreds of thousands of friends, family and colleagues to a network of prison camps that people generally did not survive in order to make sure they were not denounced first. They destroyed the ecology of their own nation to such an extent that parts of it will not recover in any timeline humankind is likely to see.

China is a nation that mercilessly rewards those who look after themselves, always, and devil take the hindmost. The idea that any figure which has the possibility to embarrass someone of repute in China is being honestly reported is risible. The WHO is without question working on the basis that these figures are bullshit.
So Albert Fish wasn't just bullshitting?

BONE_Buddy

Guaranteed Same Day Delivery.
kiwifarms.net
I know it is FOX, but:
The Chinese government has quarantined the city of Wuhan and plans to shut down the airport and public transportation within hours amid an outbreak of the coronavirus, state media reported. The virus has been linked to at least 17 deaths and has sickened over 500 others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Come on...there are a ton of books that talk about viruses and no scientists in the field or in any serious medical positions have ever said anything else other than that the certainty of new viruses is anything but guaranteed. So what exactly did Mr. Wolfe predict?

Apologies for the later reply than would've been preferred. I'm sorry to say I don't own a physical copy (so this is my kick in the pants to actually get it), I only read my library's copy and that was years ago (tried to get an Audible just now, but I'm having some technical issues, and I can't get a PDF), so I've had to look around for a quick reminder such as the chapter list and for Wolfe's interviews.
Screen shot 2020-01-22 at 6.40.53 PM.png
I wanted to pull out sources from the third part, especially "The Gentle Virus" and "The Last Plague", to see if I remembered it correctly 'cause it had a foreboding tone to it compared to the rest of the book.

He's pointed out that pandemics are spreading faster than ever before thanks to globalization (like with swine flu, even if it may have just been a scare to sell Tamiflu), and the number of high dense populations especially on the coasts. We're going to end up with a "supervirus" at some point because of constant exposure to antibiotics and different environments, like the body--the antivax movement and bug chasers increase this chance significantly, although I don't recall him ever bringing up that factor (because who sane would've seen that shit coming?). Human stupidity will be our downfall, for as pointed out earlier, China will eat anything they get their hands on, but they don't thoroughly cook the meat if at all. Stupid tourists who want to be "adventurous" and eat raw bats don't help matters.

New strains show up all the time, and while not always deadly, they get much harder to treat. At some point, we are going to end up with a virus that mutates into a deadly strain that we aren't going to make a cure for in time and will have to wait it out to mutate. Ebola is deadly, yes, but at least it's not airborne, and it can't mutate fast enough since it kills its hosts within a week. Something like the respiratory coronavirus disguises itself with flu-like symptoms, but normal coronaviruses can be treated just like any other cold. This current strain seems to be harder to treat, but it should be like treating bronchitis or pneumonia at worst. Should it mutate into something more deadly without changing its symptoms and infection rate, that's when it becomes a real pandemic that will put something like SARS to shame.

While I don't think we'll get black plague numbers again in wiping out a third of the population, entire villages can still be wiped out, and perhaps in a severe case, an entire country. Although a third-world country could suffer from this the most, I see this happening significantly and more hard-hitting with Singapore because although they're so obsessed with keeping their country as clean as can be, and have a long life-span, they have ill health on top of an aging population. Should something like this occur, he sees that as being the "last plague" since the human race will wish to encourage more healthier living and a call for more medicinal advancements to prevent another plague, but the "last plague" for sure would be called as such because it'd kill off the human race.

@Otterly is in the field and may have a better forecast about this, so if anyone should have the last word as to what would be considered "The Big One", it'd be them over someone trying to remember what they read in a book some years back. Maybe they have an opinion on Wolfe as well, but if not, then whatever.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

Youscatgetouttahereg-go-gogetthestick-getouttahere
kiwifarms.net
It might have come from fucking snakes :story:

If they want to be stupid and believe that snake is gonna make their peepee bigger, even though it's clearly bullshit, fine. Kill 'em faster.

NotSendingTheirBest

Doomp eet.
kiwifarms.net
It apprantely just hit Quebec. I just want to say: fuck China. Quarantine your own people instead of letting other states do it for you.
That's all.

Correction, do not fuck China. You fucked apes in Africa and got AIDS. Imagine what fucking Chinks can bring about.

China is just one big Nurgle country, isn't it? They eat everything and they fuck everything.

CHINA NUMBA WAN MY ASS. FUCKING CHINABOOS CAN FUCKING SUCK MY MEDIUM-SIZED DICK.

The moment CPC loses control, Han will bathe in their own blood. Instead of spitting on USSR, they should've paid attention not only to its' economic policies and watched properly, what happens when aggrieved minorities sense that the centre is losing grip. Azerbaijan straight had pogroms, where Russians and Armenians were killed and degraded.

Fuck China. Down with the fucking CPC, the ratfuckiest communist party of all times.

Menotaur

kiwifarms.net
Apologies for the later reply than would've been preferred. I'm sorry to say I don't own a physical copy (so this is my kick in the pants to actually get it), I only read my library's copy and that was years ago (tried to get an Audible just now, but I'm having some technical issues, and I can't get a PDF), so I've had to look around for a quick reminder such as the chapter list and for Wolfe's interviews.
View attachment 1110502 I wanted to pull out sources from the third part, especially "The Gentle Virus" and "The Last Plague", to see if I remembered it correctly 'cause it had a foreboding tone to it compared to the rest of the book.

He's pointed out that pandemics are spreading faster than ever before thanks to globalization (like with swine flu, even if it may have just been a scare to sell Tamiflu), and the number of high dense populations especially on the coasts. We're going to end up with a "supervirus" at some point because of constant exposure to antibiotics and different environments, like the body--the antivax movement and bug chasers increase this chance significantly, although I don't recall him ever bringing up that factor (because who sane would've seen that shit coming?). Human stupidity will be our downfall, for as pointed out earlier, China will eat anything they get their hands on, but they don't thoroughly cook the meat if at all. Stupid tourists who want to be "adventurous" and eat raw bats don't help matters.

New strains show up all the time, and while not always deadly, they get much harder to treat. At some point, we are going to end up with a virus that mutates into a deadly strain that we aren't going to make a cure for in time and will have to wait it out to mutate. Ebola is deadly, yes, but at least it's not airborne, and it can't mutate fast enough since it kills its hosts within a week. Something like the respiratory coronavirus disguises itself with flu-like symptoms, but normal coronaviruses can be treated just like any other cold. This current strain seems to be harder to treat, but it should be like treating bronchitis or pneumonia at worst. Should it mutate into something more deadly without changing its symptoms and infection rate, that's when it becomes a real pandemic that will put something like SARS to shame.

While I don't think we'll get black plague numbers again in wiping out a third of the population, entire villages can still be wiped out, and perhaps in a severe case, an entire country. Although a third-world country could suffer from this the most, I see this happening significantly and more hard-hitting with Singapore because although they're so obsessed with keeping their country as clean as can be, and have a long life-span, they have ill health on top of an aging population. Should something like this occur, he sees that as being the "last plague" since the human race will wish to encourage more healthier living and a call for more medicinal advancements to prevent another plague, but the "last plague" for sure would be called as such because it'd kill off the human race.

@Otterly is in the field and may have a better forecast about this, so if anyone should have the last word as to what would be considered "The Big One", it'd be them over someone trying to remember what they read in a book some years back. Maybe they have an opinion on Wolfe as well, but if not, then whatever.

I agree. I guess my point is that the alarm has been sounded by an exceptional number of individuals in the fields - not just one or two, or a group but by virtually everybody - and they are in agreement on several things - the largest is that there is nothing surprising about the idea of a threatening virus hitting Earths population and to expect anything else would be silly. It would be unnatural if it didn't happen.

There will not be a virus however that would wipe out an entire species - that would be near statistically impossible and should not be anyone's fear. Our genetic variations literally ensure there is a reason why a guy can survive Ebola and SARs, but be killed by the common flue or the other way around.

The most likely source for the emergence for a superbug that will have an exceptionally high mortality and be difficult (but not impossible to quarantine) won't be from Asia, it is is the United States for a number of reasons.
As we speak, superbugs are already in the USA killing tens of thousands a year (50,000 last year I believe), being bred and strengthened in the best laboratory for a superbug - your local hospitals. This number will increase exponentially.

The greatest bio-weapon isn't in some laboratory being cooked together by terrorists - it's the big hospitals in our country which have the perfect hosts - sick people with other diseases to garnish genetic material - and a populace that for too long had the worlds easiest access and abuse of anti-biotics.

So while the media likes to blame the pig farm in asia for the "next bug", just go to your biggest hospitals in Chicago and New York where they are utterly powerless to stop it. And you wont find the media giving a shit about it or reporting on it - despite A THOUSAND DEATHS EVERY WEEK.

Coldgrip

Still not Cody.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It apprantely just hit Quebec. I just want to say: fuck China. Quarantine your own people instead of letting other states do it for you.
That's all.
No, not Quebec. Oh how terrible...

Not surprising considering the chinks have been chinking around in Cuckandia. Wouldn't surprise me if in the coming weeks we start hearing warnings about traveling up north and Trudeau, dressed in coolie hat and cheongsam apologizes to the brave chinks that spread this virus and thanks them for diversifying disease and sickness.

Bonus points if he calls the infected differently-healthy or that they're practicing alternative-wellness.

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Many people have been taking medicine to suppress the fever and escape out of Wuhan. One got into HK and one into France.
It's said that only body temperature would be recorded and that abnormally high ones are isolated, so these types of medicine effectively lowers the temperature, allowing carriers of the virus to escape.

Holy fuck, use your 105 average IQ on making a cure, not Jewing the system, you soulless chink. People who do that should be shot.

1579758209310.png

Unironically agree with this.
"Stop eating wild animals, just eat wild mushrooms like those in Yunnan"
"You'll only poison yourself, you won't bring other people down :) "

Start eating mushrooms you fucking savages, start from the skinny ones and colourful ones, and die in the fucking woods. The gene pool has a long due great leap forward. (I know mushroom poisoning isn't that lethal, quite a fan of shrooms myself... not eating them, I find the colours and shapes fascinating)
1579758385749.png
1579758417676.png
1579758469829.png

99% I know won't eat those fucked up shit and most look down on these people, yet it only takes a couple of these faggots to get some virus and spread it to totally innocent people.

If these idiots are bored with the beef and pork and lamb, they should try this exotic crystal called cyanide. Their spawn roaming the planet will do us no good.

23/01/2020 dump
1579759111582.png

Claiming that the virus originated from "Rhinolophus sinicus Chinese Horseshoe Bat", and guess where SARS originated from?

Thots posting on Weibo about their escapes.
1579759441946.png

Thots feasting on... bat soup... this is batshit insane

"Batshit cuisine"
1579759624854.png

1579759645569.png
1579759653082.png
1579759664066.png
1579759670797.png
1579759677560.png
1579759693087.png
1579759722584.png
1579759732131.png
1579759739648.png

Wouldn't have been a problem if these unsavoury fucks just died themselves.

Last edited:

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It might have come from fucking snakes :story:

Disgusting culture.

Did they eat and do crazy shit before mao?

RodgerDodger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From Laowhy86 who was a pretty reputable source of China info. Even though he's had to flee it to avoid the oppression of the state recently. He says friends still in China are telling him its much worse that is being said.

Beijing just dropped a full travel ban and quarantine on Wuhan. Which also says it is much much worse than they are saying.

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Literally the plot to Contagion (2011). Memes really aren’t just dreams!
In the movie it starts from a pig eating fruit some bat munched on. In real life the chinks just skipped ahead and ate the bat Ozzy style.
高兴

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
23/01/2020 dump #2
See this fucked up country through my slanted eyes.

1579763456957.png

The Wuhan woman that used fever suppressing medicine to escape to France is identified and going to get encapsulated soon, hopefully the French isn't that cucked.

Someone from Wuhan attempting to escape, using Fuzhou Changle airport as a route has been captured.

Lol shoved in a box, it's like catching Pokemon, except it's virus riddled slants from Wuhan.

1579763746438.png

First case in Macau, tourist from Wuhan.

1579763820840.png

After the ban, many in Wuhan chose to escape to Shanghai at night. Photo depicts the abnormal influx of people wearing masks.

1579763922822.png

Someone from Shanghai venting on how people see Shanghaiers as xenophobic and discriminatory (true and true), but now they hypocritically choose to escape to the city they don't like. He calls these people retards, and that simply being a neet at home will be a better method to not contact the virus.

1579764087316.png

616 verified, 395 suspected, 28 cured, 17 dead.

1579764124025.png

Hard to get Shanghai licence plate, obtained plate from Hubei.
Haven't been there, don't be scared.
There's lots of restrictions on obtaining licence plates in places such as Shanghai as an attempt to control climate change, so many will go to areas with less people and regulation for a licence plate instead.

1579764245969.png

Intentionally spreading the virus and escaping from Wuhan might be criminalised. It's like the people that spread AIDS intentionally, instead of shooting them, we call them oppressed.

1579764385286.png

At least it's not all bad news... stores distributing free masks. Some fuckers purchased all the masks in several areas causing a massive shortage, then selling them for huge margins online.

1579764463293.png

Handy guide to deal with the virus, stay home!