Wuhan Coronavirus: Megathread -

Which country(ies) will fare the worst due to the WuFlu?

• Total voters

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

Youscatgetouttahereg-go-gogetthestick-getouttahere
kiwifarms.net
They can't.

Seattle thinks nothing bad can happen to them as long as they stay woke enough and suck enough Chinese dick.

Plus, it wouldn't surprise me if some of those woke-elite secretly hope a plague would kill off all the wrong-thinkers in the rest of the state.
... Based on states like California (no punishment for knowingly spreading HIV/AIDS, wants gov. to pay for PrEp, thinks nothing of spreading deadly disease) the woke west has clearly forgotten what was learned from the AIDS epidemic: a plague don't work like that.

Knojkamarangasan_#4

Best gem
kiwifarms.net
100% certain nothing will happen, people are just hyping themselves into a frenzy again. Of course it's good that precautions and all that are being taken but people acting like oMg NEw P lAGuE aHHH, have they forgotten the 10+ or more new viruses in the past like 20 years? Swine flu , bird flu etc etc. Many whom COINCIDENTALLY always originate from China?

Everyone will have moved on from these in some weeks/month 100%

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
... Based on states like California (no punishment for knowingly spreading HIV/AIDS, wants gov. to pay for PrEp, thinks nothing of spreading deadly disease) the woke west has clearly forgotten what was learned from the AIDS epidemic: a plague don't work like that.
But plague havers have feelings, we can’t hurt them and stigmatize them. We want them to be out acting like normal, so what if they infect others? I have free healthcare as a government offical, I don’t care about you having to go into debt.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The great leap forward and cultural revolution cultivated the most extreme manifestation of FYGM possible. People had to do anything in order to survive. "Anything" in this context means just that. There were too many people and not enough resources, and this environment forced people to bribe, lie, and cheat in order to make it. The good and charitable weren't so fortunate. There are accounts of people mudering their neighbors' female children to eat them, lest they starve to death. The descendents of these people are now the populace of modern China. They inherited these attitudes from their parents and grandparents. The Chinese sense of civility and critical thought was completely destroyed during this time period, and the current government is actively stamping out regrowth. It is fundamentally, absolutely corrupt.

It is laughable to me that anyone could take the infection and mortality numbers from the Chinese government seriously. They do not give a single shit how many of their own citizens die, much less non-Chinese people in other counties. It's embarassing, so they obfuscate as much as possible with consequences be damned.

I often recommend Frank Dikötter’s People’s Trilogy of works about China in the 20th century to people interested in how China got to where and how it is now. Dikötter got access to previously confidential archival information to write these works, and the picture he paints of the scale of hardship, death and transformative change in China in the last hundred years is terrifying.

What you say here of the populace in China being one that has learnt to do absolutely anything to survive is absolutely correct. Within living memory, Chinese people resorted to cannibalism to survive the worst famine humankind has ever known. They denounced hundreds of thousands of friends, family and colleagues to a network of prison camps that people generally did not survive in order to make sure they were not denounced first. They destroyed the ecology of their own nation to such an extent that parts of it will not recover in any timeline humankind is likely to see.

China is a nation that mercilessly rewards those who look after themselves, always, and devil take the hindmost. The idea that any figure which has the possibility to embarrass someone of repute in China is being honestly reported is risible. The WHO is without question working on the basis that these figures are bullshit.

energ1a

kiwifarms.net

panic starting to set in, must be really out of control if they are quarantining an entire city

CreamyHerman’s

I FUCKING HATE TRUMP, I LOVE BIDEN’S COCK
kiwifarms.net

panic starting to set in, must be really out of control if they are quarantining an entire city
I'm surprised this thread is quiet, regarding the situation

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
"#China Video from #Wuhan filmed by a local citizen; he filmed the makeshift tents in a Wuhan hospital to quarantine and treat the patients of #WuhanPneumonia His comments: - #WuhanPneumonia is much more serious than anyone has imagined - It looks like Biohazard (game/movie) "

This tweet by the same guy seems to crazy to be true

But there are other videos of "disinfecting"

EDIT: LMAO
smarthome wuhan.png

Autistic lurker

I spread autism
kiwifarms.net
That would be the perfect place for Americans/Japanese/Russians to deploy the virus. Plausible deniability

In my opinion, the current virus is too weak to be considered as a legit bioweapon.

There was a case in history when actual bioweapon got leaked and it killed around a hundred people in just 2 weeks. Given it happened in sparsely populated city comparing to china it's pretty impressive number.

Menotaur

kiwifarms.net
Its just a virus. And as like with any virus of the corona strain the real concern is that if you give it enough hosts, then the chances of it making a jump to becoming a worse or better virus increases. Meanwhile, as superbugs kills almost as many Americans each year as guns as we rationally accept this as the norm, lets panic about a run-of-the-mill virus for shits and giggles.

CreamyHerman’s

I FUCKING HATE TRUMP, I LOVE BIDEN’S COCK
kiwifarms.net
In my opinion, the current virus is too weak to be considered as a legit bioweapon.

There was a case in history when actual bioweapon got leaked and it killed around a hundred people in just 2 weeks. Given it happened in sparsely populated city comparing to china it's pretty impressive number.
Is it strong enough to cause a pandemic though? It seems like it mutates quickly and the fact that this is China possibly downplaying the numbers worries me. A buddy of mine told me his contact at the CDC isn't talking about this.

Menotaur

kiwifarms.net

Its a massive Chinese holiday - so they just dont want to let the virus get a lot of free rides out, that is all. they also simply dont want a lot of infections in the case the virus mutates to become easily spread - as with all novel strains this is the real threat, not so much the virus itself if it is novel and not too dangerous. With a corona virus you really want it away from fragile, elderly and sick people as the opportunity for it to steal genetic code vastly increases. And it's winter so a bad time for a novel virus to show itself.

Is it strong enough to cause a pandemic though? It seems like it mutates quickly and the fact that this is China possibly downplaying the numbers worries me. A buddy of mine told me his contact at the CDC isn't talking about this.
well anyone at the CDC wouldnt talk about anything, anyways. That's just standard. And there is no evidence "It mutates quickly". I've seen no source for that nor can I find one, but if you want to share a source please do.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every few years there's a virus scare, the last time was Ebola in 2014, prior to that it was Swine flu in 2009, so it even seems to be roughly every 5 years.

I just can't work up the ability to care because like I said, it's a routine thing and chances are this will blow over like the other ones.

I mean rate me optimistic but I am fairly confident that modern medical technology and organizations like the CDC make widespread outbreaks like in the past basically impossible or at least highly unlikely.

Rotollo

"Consider Euthanasia!"
kiwifarms.net
100% certain nothing will happen, people are just hyping themselves into a frenzy again. Of course it's good that precautions and all that are being taken but people acting like oMg NEw P lAGuE aHHH, have they forgotten the 10+ or more new viruses in the past like 20 years? Swine flu , bird flu etc etc. Many whom COINCIDENTALLY always originate from China?

Everyone will have moved on from these in some weeks/month 100%
Yeah I agree people will move on from this in a couple week without results, but this might cause some shit in china itself
The city has 11 million people quarantined correct? if it gets traction to any degree even if the western medical field finds cures like they did with ebola it runs into the africa problem of a lack of medical infrastructure
so yeah, burgers and shit will be fine, but China is probably super fucked if they don't adapt and evolve their medical field in liu of this event.