Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Received GOD-KING today. Of the 12 CG books I've supported since the beginning of 2018, the only ones I'm still waiting for are Red Rooster and Cyberfrog+Ashcan. Rooster was due March 2019, Cyberfrog was of course due November 2018. I'm just about to give up all hope for ever receiving either.
I'm just waiting on the Graveyard Shift books myself.

I got lucky; only the cunts behind Red Rooster, the Black and White book, and the Brutass book couldn't commit, and at least Brutass had the problem of the team breaking down so I don't have any ill will towards them. Seriously though, I really am satisfied with most of my stuff.

Reactions: Detrogen

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
So my Blood Honey chromium cover with the 1998 ashcan came yesterday. I explicitly ordered at the 50$ tier since the verbiage of the IGG page led me to believe that would get me the Amphibionix ashcan as well. Apparently not.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
So did Jon malin quit cg? I haven't seen him around lately.
Jon did a whole livestream on Christmas about his ideas for ComicsGate. He's slowing down on videos because, like me, he's working hard on his comic. But he's also becoming really good at his videos. He did a whole old-fashioned radio production of A CHRISTMAS CAROL that was impressive.

So my Blood Honey chromium cover with the 1998 ashcan came yesterday. I explicitly ordered at the 50$ tier since the verbiage of the IGG page led me to believe that would get me the Amphibionix ashcan as well. Apparently not.
Fulfillment goofed up a whole wave of orders for the first campaign. The guys didn't understand, because the tier doesn't specifically list the Amphibionix ashcan (because it was a stretch goal that was added mid-campaign) that it belonged with the package. Expect another little envelope with your Amphibionix freebie, and sorry for the mistake.

I'm just waiting on the Graveyard Shift books myself.

I got lucky; only the cunts behind Red Rooster, the Black and White book, and the Brutass book couldn't commit, and at least Brutass had the problem of the team breaking down so I don't have any ill will towards them. Seriously though, I really am satisfied with most of my stuff.
I'm still amazed that Black and White hasn't delivered. I thought it was just getting some touch-ups and recoloring from the original art 25 years ago. Hasn't it been like a year since the campaign ended?

Fulfillment goofed up a whole wave of orders for the first campaign. The guys didn't understand, because the tier doesn't specifically list the Amphibionix ashcan (because it was a stretch goal that was added mid-campaign) that it belonged with the package. Expect another little envelope with your Amphibionix freebie, and sorry for the mistake.
Hope I get mine soon. I've been anxious for months now.

• Agree
Reactions: Adamska

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm still amazed that Black and White hasn't delivered. I thought it was just getting some touch-ups and recoloring from the original art 25 years ago. Hasn't it been like a year since the campaign ended?
Yep, and they stopped giving comments about 7 months ago.

Don't buy from those frauds.

Is there anywhere on the web I can watch the old Nerkish videos? That shit was hilarious.
I just noticed he deleted his entire channel AGAIN after the whole COPPA bugaboo. The guy is flakier than a teenage girl.

That said, I have three of his old livestreams I can upload somewhere, but if you want the comic reviews and shit you should probably just e-mail him directly.

• Informative
Reactions: Least Concern

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had forgotten about Black and White, but he got the books about two weeks ago according to his last indigogo update and they're being shipped out now, so there's that.

View attachment 1070037
I'll let you guys know if I get my copy soon. If so, then just be aware they take forever. If not... well I'll stand by my statement from earlier.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
People are grading Ethan's frog book and it's getting some high ratings. Also is that actually Praetorian? I don't actually know much about that guy and it's a fresh twitter account

ComicArtistPro Secrets on Twitter_ _OK, thanks Praetorian! I enjoyed _ - twitter.com.png

EM4LlVTU4AET3SA.jpg

ProfessorHov on Twitter_ _Its here first @CGCComics graded CyberFrog__ - twitter.com.png
EJyBK10VAAAPQwR.jpgEJyBK13VUAAfwkL.jpgEJyBK2WU0AA1DiI.jpg

I'll let you guys know if I get my copy soon. If so, then just be aware they take forever. If not... well I'll stand by my statement from earlier.
i
They're not using a fulfillment center and mailing them themselves, so they are probably gonna take awhile. I'm not sure how fast boomers can mail shit

Attachments

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
I guess it depends on what you mean by "ComicsGate." Like GamerGate it probably means different things to different people. Maybe to some the goal is to greatly reduce socjus ideation from major publishers' books, while to others it was to develop an alternative comic book marketplace and audience outside the traditional manner in which books are created and sold.

At the least it doesn't seem to have reached the point where many of the major participants and tentpoles have rejected and mocked the term, as eventually happened with GamerGate.

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
At the least it doesn't seem to have reached the point where many of the major participants and tentpoles have rejected and mocked the term, as eventually happened with GamerGate.
They may not have necessarily mocked it, but many creators have decried or rejected it at this point:

- Zack has stated he only thought the hashtag should have lasted a few weeks to get the message out that people are rejecting SJW comics. EVS sort of browbeat him into saying it still exists and matters, but Zack still barely ever mentions it unless it pertains to whatever he’s talking about.

- Mike S Miller has basically dropped and outright rejected it, saying people who “are Comicsgate” should unsubscribe from his channel. If I remember right, it had something to do with Malin and War Campaign spamming dicks all over his chat and twitter feed or something (I basically stopped paying attention at that point)

- Cummings dropped off the face of the earth because he has irl obligations and felt like the whole movement had been taken over by pros looking to make money

- Doug Tennapel noped out after numerous public spats with EVS and being badgered by the War Campaign speds.

- Nerkish was unpersoned because EVS sperged out about his discord server because he thought it would be traced back to him and make him look bad. To be fair, Nerkish always thought CG was stupid and kind of got dragged into it because he was popular at the time.

- Elliot Fernandez and Brian Shearer both sort of dipped out when Doug and EVS broke up, choosing mostly to associate with Doug and his livestreams.

Pretty much anyone else in CG with the exception of TUG, Yellow Flash, and Just Some Guy has faded into obscurity and gone on with their life. A few CG nobodies have become semi prominent, with Gat Hanzo opening an IGG campaign of his own and Midnight Cherry TV creating a goon squad of spergs to troll CG related livestreams.

As it stands CG is, from the outside, substantially smaller than it was before, and the only people still using the term unironically are boomers and the severely autistic. Also, a lot of this may be apocryphal as I don’t have an eternity to pull all the receipts from the year-plus of constant livestreaming and twitter sperging from like 20 different people.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
I guess it depends on what you mean by "ComicsGate." Like GamerGate it probably means different things to different people. Maybe to some the goal is to greatly reduce socjus ideation from major publishers' books, while to others it was to develop an alternative comic book marketplace and audience outside the traditional manner in which books are created and sold.

ComicsGate to me is about building and sustaining a network of Indie creators who support and promote each other's comics while entertaining an audience of backers and fans on YouTube. It's the alternative marketplace for comics, and it's the only answer possible when faced with a stubborn SJW converged mainstream. We need to build our own.

Some people disagree, some people don't want to be a part of that, some people just really dislike me personally, and wrongly think that means they can't be a part of this. All of that is okay.

We have some good plans for 2020. We'll see how it goes!