Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

A nameless trool

kiwifarms.net
On a different note from the CG spregs
View attachment 1298931

this guy seems to be late with his book as it was suppose to be shipping in DEC 19. Considering he'll be shipping it out from Brazil, the international shipping will cost an arm and a leg for a Hardback.
There is a reason why there was a thing called Diamond and the Direct Market and it will continue being in the future, no matter what Cassandras say.
KS/IGG is for people willing to pay extra for something important to them to be made, not as a substitute to retail.

Newman's Own

kiwifarms.net
Malin is getting progressively harder to keep in line @FROG .

I picked Malin in the pool too.

Good times.

Edit:I have no context for this but Micah is easily the most wonderful case of lack of self awareness in all of CG.

Last edited:

Absurdity

kiwifarms.net
Customers don't want to hear the infighting, but they can't wait to sing along to "Daddy Can't Rape Us All."

Circlejerkular Logic at work here: Ethan knows what the customer wants because Ethan selectively listens to the people who want to buy or already have bought his comics and lap up everything else he does without criticism. Most of the people he's split with have in fact bought his comics, but when it comes to customer service he places so many filters and pre-qualifiers on it that the only customers left are true believers. It's worked out pretty well for him financially so far and like his televangelist forebears he'll spend every stream casting out the non-existent devils by pushing his dupes around.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
So how long until Malin gets completely sick of WC and bails out of CG altogether? He's not the first and he certainly won't be the last to jump ship because of those spergs. They've had a part in just about every significant split from the group.

You know, I'm probably one of the few people left in this thread that still doesn't have any real issues with EVS aside from his strong desire to roll around in the muck(seriously, drop the petty drama), but I'm getting a kick out of him bending over backwards to defend a group of spergs that are actively pushing out talent away from the group. You're real lucky WC chose you as the horse to back, pieman. How long until your buddy Fraga gets a taste and decides this isn't worth the hassle either? Because it's gonna happen

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
On a different note from the CG spregs
View attachment 1298931

this guy seems to be late with his book as it was suppose to be shipping in DEC 19. Considering he'll be shipping it out from Brazil, the international shipping will cost an arm and a leg for a Hardback.
First, Picolo isn't CG, in fact I recall he vaguely threw shade at Cyberfrog when his campaign made more than Cyberfrog at the time. It also crashed IGG which was funny.

Second, he's late with Icarus because he's been making comicbooks for DC. (I haven't read them but it looks like its in line with Gothem High: DC heroes doing boring shit like going to the coffee shop.)
81P3u1nB1XL.jpg
81JPkBxL+ML.jpg

(Beast Boy is coming soon. Note Picolo has equal billing to the writer now.)

Third, you're right about the brazilian shipping but things are slowly opening again. He could luck out or he could not. We'll see.

If you need to tell other people to do the work, you're definitely not the boss.
Telling what others to do is exactly what the boss does. You must mean "You're not the boss if nobody's listening to you."

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
How long until your buddy Fraga gets a taste and decides this isn't worth the hassle either? Because it's gonna happen
I'll say after his first book or when he gets an offer back to a mainstream company once all of the virus stuff is over. I don't really see him buddying up with wc unlike most of the big time cgers who have so as long he stays away from them he wouldn't get much of a issue but I can see Ethan doing ops if fraga gets too big.

Smug Freiza

Muh 6 gorrillion Namekians is Saiyan propaganda.
kiwifarms.net
Is there some kind of explanation or diagram of who’s who with all this? The OP is ridiculously outdated to the point where it still calls Frog CG-neutral.
I made this post a while ago in the Comicsgate Hanger On thread, it is not complete or up to date anymore, but I think I got most of them. White is still active in CG, yellow is status undetermined and red was exiled or left of own accord.

I moved Dan Fraga and Warcampaign up to High Tier since they recently hit six figures.

That is nice, but I meant just a simple pyramid with names assorted in some hierarchical order in terms of crowdfunding ability. That way when we look at the names we can try and figure out who will backstab who to ascend to the next rung of the pyramid. Even the former CG creators names in red as causalities would be a nice touch.

For example:

TOP TIER: (Campaigns in excess of $200,000 - multiple six figures.)
Ethan VanSciver, Richard C Meyer, Doug TenNapel

HIGH TIER: (Campaigns over $100,000 - six figure club)
Mitch Breitweiser, Jon Malin, Cecil, Raging Golden Eagle, TUG, Kyle Ritter, Mike S Miller, Dan Fraga, Warcampaign

MID TIER: (Campaigns between $30,000-$100,000)
Billy Tucci, Antonio Brice, Von Klaus, Timothy Lim, Cal Jameson, Art Thibert, Jeff Hicks, Ben Henderson, Martina Markova, Karl O Rowe, Keung Lee, Donal Delay, Cridious, Sweetcast, Eric Weathers, Doug Ernst, Narwhal, Vinne Tartamella, Andrew Huerta, Jon Del Arroz, Elliot Fernandez, Liam Gray

LOW TIER: (Campaigns between $10,000-$30,000)
Professor Geek, Ben Jones, Gilbert Deltrez, Kelsey Shannon, Slick Jimmy, Gary Shipman, Robert Arnold, Indie Dave and Sean Sweeney, Adam Post, Jim Healis, Nasser Rabadi, J. Ishiro Finney, Mandy Summers, James Dean Anderson, Matt Wenger, Micah Curtis, Eric Ninaltowski, That Star Wars Girl, George Alexopoulos

BOTTOM TIER: (Campaigns less than $10,000)
Jake Bihl, Sean Campbell, Jeff Lafferty, Cody Fernandez, Peter Gilmore, Preston Asevedo, Rick Piper, Jerry Richardson, Jake Campbell, Durraken, Bill Raupp, Rob Cacy, Preston Poulter, Brian Christgau, Wyatt Holiday, Mike Baron, Matt Weldon, Michael Derrick, Trisha Cuffari

White= Still in Comicsgate
Yellow= Allegiance yet to be determined
Red= Exiled or left of own accord.

Let me know if I've missed anyone, I'm using the Indiecron site for metrics and names so its not 100% up to date anymore. I'll update with suggestions.

So fellow Kiwi's, lets play Comicsgate deadpool. Who's next on the chopping block and who's going to be the one to take them out?

Place your bets now!

Edits: Changed colors, added more participants, Matt Weldon remains yellow due to working on CG books but also is associated with Tim Lim and the Rags crew.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Customers don't want to hear the infighting, but they can't wait to sing along to "Daddy Can't Rape Us All."

Circlejerkular Logic at work here: Ethan knows what the customer wants because Ethan selectively listens to the people who want to buy or already have bought his comics and lap up everything else he does without criticism. Most of the people he's split with have in fact bought his comics, but when it comes to customer service he places so many filters and pre-qualifiers on it that the only customers left are true believers. It's worked out pretty well for him financially so far and like his televangelist forebears he'll spend every stream casting out the non-existent devils by pushing his dupes around.
To play Devil's advocate a bit, it is an entirely rational strategy in customer service to listen to people who actually pay you money, and there's an efficiency argument it's even more efficient to focus specifically on that subset of those people who are guaranteed to give you money. It's sort of the opposite of what the comics industry has been doing.

And EVS is doing pretty well for himself while the comics industry that ejected him is practically dead.

Wise Man

I know nothing.
kiwifarms.net
So how long until Malin gets completely sick of WC and bails out of CG altogether? He's not the first and he certainly won't be the last to jump ship because of those spergs. They've had a part in just about every significant split from the group.

You know, I'm probably one of the few people left in this thread that still doesn't have any real issues with EVS aside from his strong desire to roll around in the muck(seriously, drop the petty drama), but I'm getting a kick out of him bending over backwards to defend a group of spergs that are actively pushing out talent away from the group. You're real lucky WC chose you as the horse to back, pieman. How long until your buddy Fraga gets a taste and decides this isn't worth the hassle either? Because it's gonna happen
Malin's not a quitter. Especially since he's been defending his friend TSWG Anna. He's going to stick with it until the other guys leave, which they might be too autistic to do. Best case scenario is they ghost eachother. I don't think any common enemy is going to conveniently arrive to save them from locking horns with eachother. They've got to see people are getting tired of seeing them trash Doug every night.

WC should have churched it up and kept it churched when Vestige launched. EDVS should have dumped them when they didn't. Instead he thought Mike was hurting the brand by trolling the rainbow pedos on twitter. Cyberfrog has a future, it's popular and good enough, even if the story is a little flat. But CG is just a cottage industry now, not a movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squidbot

A nameless trool

kiwifarms.net
To play Devil's advocate a bit, it is an entirely rational strategy in customer service to listen to people who actually pay you money, and there's an efficiency argument it's even more efficient to focus specifically on that subset of those people who are guaranteed to give you money. It's sort of the opposite of what the comics industry has been doing.

And EVS is doing pretty well for himself while the comics industry that ejected him is practically dead.
This was what the comicbook industry did in the 90's and 00's and that lead it to a shrinking, older audience. And then they did the same with the new audience they tried so hard to attract and lost their existing customers rapidly.
In customer service you listen to the people making you money, while trying to attract new, similar people. Alienating parts of your customer base is never a good idea.

Reactions: Squidbot

Mister Dongs

kiwifarms.net
Malin's not a quitter. Especially since he's been defending his friend TSWG Anna. He's going to stick with it until the other guys leave, which they might be too autistic to do. Best case scenario is they ghost eachother. I don't think any common enemy is going to conveniently arrive to save them from locking horns with eachother. They've got to see people are getting tired of seeing them trash Doug every night.
Preston's posting clips from last month because of Liam's suspension and loss of content, which posters here are taking as current events. Since this vid, Malin has made efforts to ghost WC, resume running his Comicsgate Presents program (to promote TUG's comic) and more or less has tried to correct his fuckups. Since Frog has made it unequivocable that he is going to support Malin no matter what, most people have moved on except for a few like Panboy. Cecil on the other hand continues to talk a lot of shit as long as he can hide behind Frog's dress. Since Pan is also reposting clips from Preston's twitter (or third-hand from here), let's see how this plays out.

1589704768169.png

In minor news, in retaliation for calling Liam a mommybeater, WC has started trickling out screencaps of Preston's femdom blog he made in 2012. Personally speaking, after you watch a sweaty guy in Texas make eyecontact with you for 30-45 interrupted minutes on a weekly basis as he licks his lips while softcore lesbian art scrolls in the background, accusations of deviancy aren't particularly shocking. Frog is jubilant, but Preston's ability to draw attention and focus on himself on him is getting undeniably stronger.

Is there some kind of explanation or diagram of who’s who with all this? The OP is ridiculously outdated to the point where it still calls Frog CG-neutral.
I could make one but it would be a Hickmanian monstrosity out the 8-10 different factions at play and their interrelationships. I could do it but it should be put on the first post to prevent confusion for new readers.

Last edited:

Veronica

kiwifarms.net
I haven't been hearing much about Mike S. Miller. Looks like the rumors are true and he blew his campaign money and assumed he would make more later to cover it like EVS does. Like Mitch Breitweiser tried and failed to do. Mikey sent PDFs to backers because he can't print and ship comics. Even worse, Mikey is fucking lying about it! Acting like Coronavirus got in his way.

Rumor must also be true that IGG froze him out and he can't launch the atrocious MAGAnificent until he fulfills. What a mess! From having steady work in comics to that. There is a time when it's apparent something is not going to work out and you need to walk away. And it is as clear as clear can be that Mike S. Miller is NOT someone with the intellect or self control to be his own boss or be in charge of lots of money.

It is also obvious that his life is going in the wrong direction since he took more charge of it. So Mikey needs to take a breath and realize it's time to leave crowdfunding. And thanks to pissing off LGBTQs because Mikey thought the world needed to hear his thoughts on them, Mike is done in mainstream comics. He could maybe do work for smaller publishers but he would never make much money at it.

Mike's got to add it up:
1. Can't be trusted with money.
2. Can't manage money.
3. Hurt himself by attacking LGBTQs.
4. Couldn't even raise $10K at Kickstarter.
5. Once it got out that he stole money from artists, Mike was done, his bullshit Christian act, blown!

Conclusion: No future for Mike in the comic book industry or crowdfunding.

It has also become quite clear that Mike has a pattern of coattail riding the popularity of others. After annihilating his ability to get mainstream comics work or appear at cons, Mike decided to ride the Trump wave and conservative backlash against SJW oppression by presenting himself as the poor blacklisted conservative Christian who was picked on for speaking God's word.

Considering that Mike is a thief, a fraud, it was crazy for him to go against EVS whose coattails Mike rode. Mike is no better than EVS, Breitweiser, Curtis or Hicks and they are no better than Mike.
Actual photo of Andrea Van Sciver.
View attachment 1264234
Two lookalikes.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Absurdity

kiwifarms.net

I wouldn't say the industry ejected him. He left on his own terms. Ethan didn't fly his freak flag until he was already on the way out.

It is a better business model, he's making money hand-over-fist! There is no dispute that EVS knows how to make a buck. The thing is that's all he seems to really care about. The biggest issue for him will be legacy. He spends much more visible effort into shaping and manipulating his customer base than he ever needed to. Like most people who love money, Sciverfrog will turn on anyone if he can make bank off it. If he can't make them conform to comicsgrift, it's time to go. Like he told Miller and now Malin, "the customers don't need to hear that."

Money is the basis for his absolute authority in CG, it is the main qualifier for success, and most importantly it places him above all criticism because he can literally afford to ignore it. At least for now. The thing about money, especially new money, is that it's pretty hard to hold onto.

By surrounding himself with yes men and essentially being a one-man show for his own comic, I don't see the quality increasing over time. Cyberfrog is also not a Spawn-level character. For all he knows, the product people are actually buying into when they get one of his comics is his personal brand, not the character. There's a reason why people weren't breaking down his door for a return of Cyberfrog. Maybe he knew that in order to compensate for lack of good characters, he would need to run a freakshow on Youtube in order to get enough interest going. That will age like bellbottoms.

Anyway you cut it, both the DC/Marvel SJWs and the CG/EVSJWs employ many of the same techniques. EVS isn't being co-opted by Disney. By default that means he isn't going for the tween/teen girl market and that is a big advantage. In the end it won't be enough. If EVS' CG is trying to position itself as the "future" of the industry, he better start figuring out how to maintain stable alliances with stable professionals and bring people in who a lot have more talent in character creation and writing.

Crescent Fresh

kiwifarms.net
I made this post a while ago in the Comicsgate Hanger On thread, it is not complete or up to date anymore, but I think I got most of them. White is still active in CG, yellow is status undetermined and red was exiled or left of own accord.

I moved Dan Fraga and Warcampaign up to High Tier since they recently hit six figures.
Out of that list, I’m particularly interested in knowing what exactly happened to cause Doug and Lim to leave/get exiled. I know them as “amazing creator who isn’t exactly a fan of gay marriage” and “guy who writes books about bunnies and Trump”. What exceptional ops did Frog try to pull?

I could make one but it would be a Hickmanian monstrosity out the 8-10 different factions at play and their interrelationships. I could do it but it should be put on the first post to prevent confusion for new readers.
I think it can be, they have that whole “updating old, terrible first posts” thing, so you should absolutely write something like that.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
"I got swatted by Twitter fags over the business I run from my garage" is a pretty extraordinary claim.

The complete lack of evidence is the reason farmers are skeptical.

Five minutes in paint redacting the police report is all that would be required for Simeti to clear this up but he won't because: reasons.
*IF* it was twitter weirdos

It could also be a disgruntled rejected comic book creator

• Optimistic
Reactions: Newman's Own