Devil May Cry -

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Clear Nero's BP mode after the 4th attempt. The Boss rush at the end is a nightmare...
Any tips for either of the standing Urizen fights? I’m really bad at the one Nero does, and have no idea on how Dante’s would work for him. Also, does Nero get a pitstop between each boss at the end, or are you fighting the last 3-4 bosses on a single set of Breakers?

BusyMaribo

Ara Ara...
kiwifarms.net
Any tips for either of the standing Urizen fights? I’m really bad at the one Nero does, and have no idea on how Dante’s would work for him. Also, does Nero get a pitstop between each boss at the end, or are you fighting the last 3-4 bosses on a single set of Breakers?
You dodge like crazy, i had a lot of time on the clock so i lamed it out, the urizen parts theres no break in between. im trying to remember if you get one just before vergil though.

Attempt one was stopped at floor 70 because triple Fury is like, fuck off.

attempts 2 and 3 were on Urizen during the second standing battle due to low health.

the Successful 4th attempt had me trying my hardest to fight Vergil with around 20% health left.

Managed to beat him only getting hit once. Thank God DT refills health.

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
You dodge like crazy, i had a lot of time on the clock so i lamed it out, the urizen parts theres no break in between. im trying to remember if you get one just before vergil though.

Attempt one was stopped at floor 70 because triple Fury is like, fuck off.

attempts 2 and 3 were on Urizen during the second standing battle due to low health.

the Successful 4th attempt had me trying my hardest to fight Vergil with around 20% health left.

Managed to beat him only getting hit once. Thank God DT refills health.
Did any buster moves for the Dante Bosses stand out as being cool? Also, it may be worth remebering that Nero has a once a mission taunt to recover a bit of health if you really need a little bit.

Mammal Pod

Pi is equal to 3.2546373698888...
kiwifarms.net
Did any buster moves for the Dante Bosses stand out as being cool? Also, it may be worth remebering that Nero has a once a mission taunt to recover a bit of health if you really need a little bit.
Thing is, Nero's gum taunt only works once during the entire palace. Even after 50 floors I couldn't reuse it. Pretty much the only way to reliably heal is to just spam air taunt and DT (unless Sweet Surrender is in but I don't have the deluxe edition).
And while I didn't get to M17 Urizen, Cavaliere Angelo apparently has no buster (you bounce off regardless of him being stunned or not) while King Cerberus has pretty much just a copy of the Empusa Queen buster animation. Pretty lame to be honest.

BusyMaribo

Ara Ara...
kiwifarms.net
Trying to beat BP as V is suffering...

DMD enemies past floor 81 damn near one shot Shadow and Griffin.

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
Trying to beat BP as V is suffering...

DMD enemies past floor 81 damn near one shot Shadow and Griffin.
That’s about what I figured. Seems like he’d be the one to choked out once things get get really stupid. Any tips for V beyond porting your boys out of the way constantly, against Furies in particular? I think they’re the only demon in the game that he outright never sees. Also, got Cerberus down to about 10% on my first run, which I was surprised by considering I ran out of Breakers like 5 floors before that.

Last edited:

BusyMaribo

Ara Ara...
kiwifarms.net
That’s about what I figured. Seems like he’d be the one to choked out once things get get really stupid. Any tips for V beyond porting your boys out of the way constantly, against Furies in particular? I think they’re the only demon in the game that he outright never sees. Also, got to Cerberus down to about 10% on my first run, which I was surprised by considering I ran out of Breakers like 5 floors before that.
I have no idea how to do this as V, i really dont like playing as him to start with, Cerberus came down to hit it a few times and back away and see what it does next. When it was changing elements run like hell, the nget back in and do max acts on it for more damage. that fight was like 4-5 minutes of that.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That’s about what I figured. Seems like he’d be the one to choked out once things get get really stupid. Any tips for V beyond porting your boys out of the way constantly, against Furies in particular? I think they’re the only demon in the game that he outright never sees. Also, got to Cerberus down to about 10% on my first run, which I was surprised by considering I ran out of Breakers like 5 floors before that.
Read your book and use your DT to beef your guys.

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
What would everyone say is the shittiest breaker? I would go with Helter Skelter. Just too situational compared to the other ones.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
Apparently, someone actually got Dan Southworth (Vergil's VA) to say this:
Reminds me of when David Hayter said the same thing. I really love this because it shows these VAs are having fun with their fans.

Now we need to get him and Reuben to do reboot dialogue in their Sons of Sparda voices
I would legit pay money for this because Reuben and Dan are so much fun they'd probably elevate the atrocious dialogue.

TheLionSleepsTonight

kiwifarms.net
Helter Skelter is definitely the worst, it's regular attack is too long and locks you in place, and its break age doesn't deal as much damage as you would think. In terms of utility, several of Nero's attacks can get through blocks quicker and every other breaker can give you better damage, style, and combo opportunities while being safer, faster and more fun to use.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
Helter Skelter is definitely the worst, it's regular attack is too long and locks you in place, and its break age doesn't deal as much damage as you would think. In terms of utility, several of Nero's attacks can get through blocks quicker and every other breaker can give you better damage, style, and combo opportunities while being safer, faster and more fun to use.
Oh well, even DMC3 had Nevan

TheLionSleepsTonight

kiwifarms.net
Nevan was a weapon that was not at all user friendly, but nonetheless had unique gimmicks and could output insane damage if you knew what you were doing, Helter Skelter is just shit.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
At least he has like 10 other breakers at his disposal, unlike DMC4 where if you disliked Devil Bringer and didn’t have the Special Edition, you were fucked @TheLionSleepsTonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
None