• Maybe

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sadly yes, that is the cover, you can preorder it right now and the special edition give you the most gay ass bike you can even imagine

View attachment 608878
Just watched the trailer on the Game Awards.... and it looks like its essentially Mad Max if all the mutants and degenerates of the wasteland were millennial fuckups. It's essentially Berkeley in about two years.

Looks like you also play as SuperCop from Far Cry 5 after the "Good" Ending.

So... I'm very, very cautiously intrigued, but I'm also gonna reneg what I said earlier and say the game journos are gonna say this game is racist since the two black girls on the cover are the main villains (which, considering its a Far Cry game shouldn't be a surprise), and probably another half dozen words ending in "-phobic" and "-ist".

Honestly probably gonna enjoy the controversies more than I will enjoy the game itself.

johnny5150

F.T.F.O.M.F.
kiwifarms.net
i could be wrong but maybe far cry new dawn could be a Stand-alone expansion due to the facts it still place in Hope County, Montana and game game only cost $40.

Alfons Schmitler

Landscape Artist
kiwifarms.net
And lo and behold, the trailer pretty much has Seed alive and well. I won't be surprised if they try to make him into a "redeemed villain" when most people playing through the game just want to kill him.
I can't imagine the butthurt it would cause if this game let's you hunt down the sheboons with christian cultist man.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't imagine the butthurt it would cause if this game let's you hunt down the sheboons with christian cultist man.
While one can dislike the Christian Cultist Man getting away with it, teaming up with him will no doubt lead to some autistic salt. More so if people are dumb enough to think the game must be racist for having black women as the main villains.

Agent of Z.O.G.

kiwifarms.net
Guess they learned from Primal that it's best to just admit you're also recycling the game map alongside everything else.

While one can dislike the Christian Cultist Man getting away with it, teaming up with him will no doubt lead to some autistic salt. More so if people are dumb enough to think the game must be racist for having black women as the main villains.
They might just do a switcharoo like in 3.

• Agree
Reactions: c-no

OhGoy

shit demon
kiwifarms.net
far cry new dawn has a pretty neat concept - it's set after the nuclear holocaust at the end of five and it looks like, for the first time in the series, you'll (may)be working with the bad guy instead of against him

...it's just a shame that far cry 5 was such a shitty foundation for it, gameplay-wise and story-wise

also, i don't know if ubisoft is trying to appease the people who complained about "muh racism" (or whatever) in far cry 5, or if they're actually doubling-down on them

we'll know depending on whether they go "stronk independent black woman" route or if the villains are just regular bad guys who happen to be black

five more days and all will be revealed...

on a totally unrelated note: montana's population is over 90% white in real life, even though in far cry 5 (and probably new dawn) it makes it seem like it's 50% white and 50% non-white... just thought i'd bring that up

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
far cry new dawn has a pretty neat concept - it's set after the nuclear holocaust at the end of five and it looks like, for the first time in the series, you'll (may)be working with the bad guy instead of against him

...it's just a shame that far cry 5 was such a shitty foundation for it, gameplay-wise and story-wise

also, i don't know if ubisoft is trying to appease the people who complained about "muh racism" (or whatever) in far cry 5, or if they're actually doubling-down on them

we'll know depending on whether they go "stronk independent black woman" route or if the villains are just regular bad guys who happen to be black

five more days and all will be revealed...

on a totally unrelated note: montana's population is over 90% white in real life, even though in far cry 5 (and probably new dawn) it makes it seem like it's 50% white and 50% non-white... just thought i'd bring that up
The story was pretty bland but I had a blast playing the actual game. I'm pretty sure it will be just more of the same but that's fine with me, I'm just thinking of it as an expansion pack.

I think part of the issue with the story is the lack of a protagonist. I know a lot of people didn't like Jason Brody but I liked him more than the nameless and voiceless protag from 5. I felt the same way about Ajay, he was just boring which hurt the story overall. The only saving grace was that Pagan Min was a fantastic antagonist, something 5 lacked except for maybe Faith.

neural

It is what it is 'cept it ain't what it used to be
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The story was pretty bland but I had a blast playing the actual game. I'm pretty sure it will be just more of the same but that's fine with me, I'm just thinking of it as an expansion pack.

I think part of the issue with the story is the lack of a protagonist. I know a lot of people didn't like Jason Brody but I liked him more than the nameless and voiceless protag from 5. I felt the same way about Ajay, he was just boring which hurt the story overall. The only saving grace was that Pagan Min was a fantastic antagonist, something 5 lacked except for maybe Faith.
I feel Jason Brody is a decently-written protagonist. He has actual character development and a clear arc throughout the game.

The only real disappointments I have with Far Cry 3's story is:

A) Killing off Vaas way too early. Hoyt is also quite good, but I wanted him to have a bit more build-up.

B) The multi-ending structure of the game kinda killed the momentum of Jason's personal arc. I get why it is a multiple ending (Jason is essentially an audience surrogate and as such, you should get to guide where he goes after this), but it could have been done better imo.

• Agree
Reactions: Vault Boy

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel Jason Brody is a decently-written protagonist. He has actual character development and a clear arc throughout the game.

The only real disappointments I have with Far Cry 3's story is:

A) Killing off Vaas way too early. Hoyt is also quite good, but I wanted him to have a bit more build-up.

B) The multi-ending structure of the game kinda killed the momentum of Jason's personal arc. I get why it is a multiple ending (Jason is essentially an audience surrogate and as such, you should get to guide where he goes after this), but it could have been done better imo.
Yeah, Hoyt was a good villain but he was introduced out of nowhere. The story honestly felt like it ended after Vaas died and was just stumbling along until the actual end.

Far Cry is a series that thrives with a strong story which is why it's so frustrating that the stories are always so weak. How hard can it be to craft a good plot? I felt like 4 did the best with that because even though Ajay was a boring protagonist Pagan Min was such a good villain he carried the entire story. The dynamic with Sabal and Amita was also great, something that 5 definitely lacked.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino