RIP Thread -

Army Burger

RIP John Lewis
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lemmy (may he rest in peace) alledgedly could not have blood transfusions because the clean blood would have caused his body to go into shock and kill him. Amazing he lived to the age of 70 despite the fact he drank a bottle of jack a day and did tons of speed.
Being Jimi Hendrix's roadie must've done a lot to his body too.

LeChina James

4-6
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
CBAA4FB3-A732-4ECA-9C9D-F49908E7A984.jpeg

The original voice actor for the celebrated anime “Doraemon”, Kosei Tomita, passed away at the age of 84 due to a stroke.

Also want to point out, the original Doraemon episodes from 1973 are still hard to find.
At least we’ll still have the remakes... I guess (:_(

Crass_and_Champ

Miami Weiß
kiwifarms.net
Lucie "Lulu" Peyraud died today. She was almost 103. I know she's not a "celebrity" per se, but she was hugely influential in the French wine industry as well as food writing. She and her family basically made something from nothing, and brought the little village of Bandol back into the spotlight for their fucking outstanding red (and rosé) wines. There are honestly very few people in this field who have worked as hard as she has.
...Also, according to trusted sources, she told the filthiest jokes known to man. RIP.
Screenshot_20201007-195544.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DelicateMageflower

It's Algonquin for bloodsport.
kiwifarms.net
Lucie "Lulu" Peyraud died today. She was almost 103. I know she's not a "celebrity" per se, but she was hugely influential in the French wine industry as well as food writing. She and her family basically made something from nothing, and brought the little village of Bandol back into the spotlight for their fucking outstanding red (and rosé) wines. There are honestly very few people in this field who have worked as hard as she has.
...Also, according to trusted sources, she told the filthiest jokes known to man. RIP.
Gotta love a little old lady who knows her way around a good dirty joke. RIP.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
My uncle died last week, 4 years with colon cancer.

On the one hand that's a horrible way to go. On the other hand he was a boorish, self-centred, boring asshole who emotionally abused his kids and permanently fucked them up. My cousins will still feel the loss of course, and his passing is far too late to save them from anything further he could have done to them.

Shit all round really.

Observerer

Talking to me is like clapping with one hand
kiwifarms.net
My uncle died last week, 4 years with colon cancer.

On the one hand that's a horrible way to go. On the other hand he was a boorish, self-centred, boring asshole who emotionally abused his kids and permanently fucked them up. My cousins will still feel the loss of course, and his passing is far too late to save them from anything further he could have done to them.

Shit all round really.
So...do I share my condolences or congratulate you?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: FierceBrosnan
Tags
None