RIP Thread -

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Good lord, death just really had it in for this guy. RIP :(

The reason the "cure" isn't used is the only reason he is cured is that his treatment for leukemia involved killing off his existing bone marrow and replacing it, and it's the original leukemia that came back that killed him. It isn't used on purpose because you not only have to have your bone marrow replaced, you have to develop graft-versus-host disease, where the new cells actually go and attack your existing cells and kill them all, for it to work.

This isn't actually practical and is worse than being HIV+.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The reason the "cure" isn't used is the only reason he is cured is that his treatment for leukemia involved killing off his existing bone marrow and replacing it, and it's the original leukemia that came back that killed him. It isn't used on purpose because you not only have to have your bone marrow replaced, you have to develop graft-versus-host disease, where the new cells actually go and attack your existing cells and kill them all, for it to work.

This isn't actually practical and is worse than being HIV+.
Jesus Christ ... that's goddamn rough. Guess it's a minor miracle he made it as far as he did, then.

LeChina James

4-6
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He might have been a piece of shit, but god damn what a guitarist he was.

F

Which means, now we have to check on Slash to see if he’s okay

7F4214E7-E55F-44B3-B34E-900F9F0D2292.jpeg

Observerer

Talking to me is like clapping with one hand
kiwifarms.net
Which means, now we have to check on Slash to see if he’s okay

View attachment 1645435

I am amazed most musicians with history of substance abuse can live past 40.
Lemmy (may he rest in peace) alledgedly could not have blood transfusions because the clean blood would have caused his body to go into shock and kill him. Amazing he lived to the age of 70 despite the fact he drank a bottle of jack a day and did tons of speed.

Tags
None