Careercow Tim Pool - 'journalist' who claims to be a sensible centrist & sucks Sargon of Akkads weiner; Afraid of the Milkshake ANTIFAs

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net

Tim continues to be a faggot. He will never stop bitching about how the US is just going to let China take over Asia, when we literally can't stop them from doing so. The absolute vitriol coming from a man who said he was against offensive wars for years, and now he's saying "well I'm against nation building".

We gain nothing by protecting Taiwan. And if we move to try and keep Taiwan afloat, it will be just like Korea where we are stuck there for fucking 40 goddamned years acting like a scarecrow to prevent the invasion of a stronger military force as the nation we protect grows fat and complacent without needing to worry about its own security.
More like a Chinese version of afghiastan

Ponzo

kiwifarms.net

Tim continues to be a faggot. He will never stop bitching about how the US is just going to let China take over Asia, when we literally can't stop them from doing so. The absolute vitriol coming from a man who said he was against offensive wars for years, and now he's saying "well I'm against nation building".

We gain nothing by protecting Taiwan. And if we move to try and keep Taiwan afloat, it will be just like Korea where we are stuck there for fucking 40 goddamned years acting like a scarecrow to prevent the invasion of a stronger military force as the nation we protect grows fat and complacent without needing to worry about its own security.
Taiwan is the remnant of real China, before the CCP took over. Japan already said that they would protect Taiwan and China threatened nukes in response. Allowing China to do what they want without setting boundaries and abandoning allies is a bad choice.

Don't Tread on Me

Crank the Pendulum Scale to 11!
kiwifarms.net
Taiwan is the remnant of real China, before the CCP took over. Japan already said that they would protect Taiwan and China threatened nukes in response. Allowing China to do what they want without setting boundaries and abandoning allies is a bad choice.
It is not. The entire nation of Taiwan is not worth a single American life.

A Logging Company

Located in Burkittsville, MD
kiwifarms.net
And it’s not worth it in the long run since people don’t want to be in another 20 plus never ending war
A war to protect Taiwan would not be a 20 year war. With Taiwan, we would be protecting them from an external threat. In Afghanistan we were trying protecting it from itself. Plus the world is not going to allow a major war to disrupt global trade across the pacific for 20 years.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
A war to protect Taiwan would not be a 20 year war. With Taiwan, we would be protecting them from an external threat. In Afghanistan we were trying protecting it from itself. Plus the world is not going to allow a major war to disrupt global trade across the pacific for 20 years.
I was refering to occupying the island

A Logging Company

Located in Burkittsville, MD
kiwifarms.net
I was refering to occupying the island
It would just be Okinawa south then. Taiwan, unlike Afganistan, is already a stable functioning modern country. We would already have bases there if the mainland didn't take it as an open act of war.

I'm just tired of people conflating Afghanistan with Taiwan from both sides of the isle and Pacific.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
It would just be Okinawa south then. Taiwan, unlike Afganistan, is already a stable functioning modern country. We would already have bases there if the mainland didn't take it as an open act of war.

I'm just tired of people conflating Afghanistan with Taiwan from both sides of the isle.
i can see why it annoying and tiresome because the people don’t know geogroahy of the island and a mountain region

wopirish

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there a political movement in Taiwan to try and make it the 51st state of the US?

actually yes

taiwan us statehood movement
Otherwise known as
Formosa statehood movement

UzumakiLeaf

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there a political movement in Taiwan to try and make it the 51st state of the US?

actually yes

taiwan us statehood movement
Otherwise known as
Formosa statehood movement

How about we trade? Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet for California and Portland.

Blacklight

kiwifarms.net

wopirish

kiwifarms.net

The mask almost slipped there for a second, didn't it Tim? Look at his face when he says that. He knows he's being a massive hypocrite and his strongest defense is "Nuh-uh. You're stupid."
There was a very evident pause in his sentence during that part. It was funny with him having to race for an excuse.

TheMadAutist

"We're all mad here."
kiwifarms.net

The mask almost slipped there for a second, didn't it Tim? Look at his face when he says that. He knows he's being a massive hypocrite and his strongest defense is "Nuh-uh. You're stupid."
I thought he was about to say "You're a nigger!"