Why are zoomers such whiny babies about the internet?

• 💣🐕 Attachments are being repaired. There is no order. Just wait.

JokahBaybee

kiwifarms.net
I was scrolling through YouTube recently, and I saw this post:
Screenshot_20220121-100215__01.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-100224__01.jpg

Good grief. What a wimpy bitch. What the hell was she trying to accomplish? Did she really think that any "12 year old dipshit" was going to see this preachy post and suddenly change their mind? Not even being rhetorical, because at this point I genuinely have to ask.
Now, you can blame this on leftism, as most people who dwell the "LGBT community" are invariably left of center, you could blame this on being a frilly, sensitive queer, but I think this is really a tell of a much larger issue with the internet today:
Zoomers are all perpetual newfags with no internet street smarts.
I will be honest, I myself am not old enough to remember such a time, but from what I hear from older people who were there to see the pioneering of what we call "internet culture" at the ground floor, the people who discovered the internet back in it's wild west days had a generally more level headed, detached attitude to interacting with the wider internet.
Whoever they were, and whatever they came to the internet for, it seems most were quick to learn that this wasn't a substitute for a social life, and they should take what they need from it and maybe check out some cool stuff while they were there. The word "community" wasn't thrown around like it actually meant something in regards to was back then mostly image boards and BBS forums. People came up with folk wisdom like "the rules of the internet", "the internet makes you stupid", and "the internet is serious business", along side basic bitch rules like "don't use your real name" that seemed obvious back then. But for one reason or another, a lot of zoomers I see today have NONE of that sort of attitude or street smarts, or have even developed a code resembling it. You see it in the public breakdowns and rants streamed on Instagram and tiktok, you see it you see it in the countless hugbox discords with all these rules and pointless social heirarchies and people are fucking surprised when people try to solicit nudes.
How is it that the generation we consider to have "grown up with the internet" has less common sense with it then people who oy discovered it in their teens?
How the fuck did we get here?

seri0us

Nothing too serious.
kiwifarms.net
Good grief. What a wimpy bitch. What the hell was she trying to accomplish? Did she really think that any "12 year old dipshit" was going to see this preachy post and suddenly change their mind? Not even being rhetorical, because at this point I genuinely have to ask.
Now, you can blame this on leftism, as most people who dwell the "LGBT community" are invariably left of center, you could blame this on being a frilly, sensitive queer, but I think this is really a tell of a much larger issue with the internet today:
Zoomers are all perpetual newfags with no internet street smarts.
I will be honest, I myself am not old enough to remember such a time, but from what I hear from older people who were there to see the pioneering of what we call "internet culture" at the ground floor, the people who discovered the internet back in it's wild west days had a generally more level headed, detached attitude to interacting with the wider internet.
Whoever they were, and whatever they came to the internet for, it seems most were quick to learn that this wasn't a substitute for a social life, and they should take what they need from it and maybe check out some cool stuff while they were there. The word "community" wasn't thrown around like it actually meant something in regards to was back then mostly image boards and BBS forums. People came up with folk wisdom like "the rules of the internet", "the internet makes you stupid", and "the internet is serious business", along side basic bitch rules like "don't use your real name" that seemed obvious back then. But for one reason or another, a lot of zoomers I see today have NONE of that sort of attitude or street smarts, or have even developed a code resembling it. You see it in the public breakdowns and rants streamed on Instagram and tiktok, you see it you see it in the countless hugbox discords with all these rules and pointless social heirarchies and people are fucking surprised when people try to solicit nudes.
How is it that the generation we consider to have "grown up with the internet" has less common sense with it then people who oy discovered it in their teens?
How the fuck did we get here?
Why do you take whiny babies on the Internet so seriously?

Mortin Shart

kiwifarms.net
Zoomers: raised by helicopter parents in every way except the internet. When you bubble wrap every sharp corner and tell someone they're special everyday of their life, you end up with retards so out of touch with reality that think they can TELL you what you're going to do. I can't wait for these little cunts to have to get real jobs and get fucked by corporate America like the rest of us.

Imaloser

King Degenerate
kiwifarms.net
Well, I'll play Devil's advocate for abit. It seems this post is from a LGBT channel, in the post they talk about how trolls harass them, and she says her content isnt for them which is true. I don't understand why she just doesnt block them instead of feeding directly into them though, maybe it's to virtue signal or who knows maybe she chimped out abit.

Besides that, I'll answer your question, at least in my opinion to what the answer is. The infantilization of society as a whole, the whole "everybody is special and a winner and so amazing and beautiful!" lie that everybody spouts, and all the appeals to the mainstream virtue signaling. Older generations were taught the world is kind of a cruel place, and you have to use your own two hands to make yourself happy and push through it all. Newer generations are taught that the world revolves around them and anything they do not like should cave to their demands.

Last edited:

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I normally give Zoomers nothing but a heap of shit and consider them supremely annoying but even I have to admit this particular behavior is hardly exclusive to them. I don't know why op gives so much of a fuck.

Klaptrap

A&N cancer breaching containment.
kiwifarms.net
They also grew up with it. Depending on where you start the zoomer generation they've always had internet. The tendency is to view online interactions as if they were actually meaningful in some capacity. While that is true to some degree, aka "don't put shit online that will impact your life negatively," they take it to the degree of "imagine if ten people were standing in a circle around me yelling abusive things at me." They don't understand why this dynamic exists. That, combined with the infantilization of society creates what you see.

Sperghetti

#waxmymeatballs
kiwifarms.net
They also grew up with it. Depending on where you start the zoomer generation they've always had internet. The tendency is to view online interactions as if they were actually meaningful in some capacity. While that is true to some degree, aka "don't put shit online that will impact your life negatively," they take it to the degree of "imagine if ten people were standing in a circle around me yelling abusive things at me." They don't understand why this dynamic exists. That, combined with the infantilization of society creates what you see.
Yep. They don’t see the internet as being separate from real life like people who were involved during the internet’s wild west era do, they see it as an extension of real life where all the same social rules and etiquette apply. It’s also why a lot of them don’t seem to grasp the concept of internet anonymity.

I firmly believe that the internet “culture war” is, fundamentally, a clash between the old view of the internet as a separate realm that you can (and should) disengage from whenever you want, and the newer view of the internet as being inseparable from real life.

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
Millenials still, for the most part, treat the internet as "that place you go to".
A lot of Zoomers however, treat it as "that place you live in".
It's to be expected, they never experienced a world without the internet, it's an integral part of their lives.

As for why this girl is so whiny?
Because she's an alphabet activist, nothing to do with which generation she's part of.

Kiwifarmsname

kiwifarms.net
Yep. They don’t see the internet as being separate from real life like people who were involved during the internet’s wild west era do, they see it as an extension of real life where all the same social rules and etiquette apply. It’s also why a lot of them don’t seem to grasp the concept of internet anonymity.

I firmly believe that the internet “culture war” is, fundamentally, a clash between the old view of the internet as a separate realm that you can (and should) disengage from whenever you want, and the newer view of the internet as being inseparable from real life.
They aren't really wrong at this point. The internet is coming more intertwined with real life.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Zoomers: raised by helicopter parents in every way except the internet. When you bubble wrap every sharp corner and tell someone they're special everyday of their life, you end up with retards so out of touch with reality that think they can TELL you what you're going to do. I can't wait for these little cunts to have to get real jobs and get fucked by corporate America like the rest of us.
Say hello to your future HR manager.

feedtheoctopus

kiwifarms.net
As for why this girl is so whiny?
Because she's an alphabet activist, nothing to do with which generation she's part of.
Oh my dear sweet child, clearly you have never encountered classic gay. I'm talking 1970's assless chaps gay, bathhouse orgy gay, getting fisted and doing poppers in the truck stop bathroom gay. Pre-AIDS gay. Cruising gay. Gay that was so hardcore neo-gay looks straight.

There is nobody on earth less politically correct and insecure then an old queen. Nobody. You talk to one of these people and they will tell you shit that could make even the freakiest among us blush. They don't give a flying fuck if you like them or not. Motherfuckers earned their rainbow flag paraphernalia, the rest of these bitches are just posers.

Eggwhore

Tard State Alum 2021
kiwifarms.net
how is that any different than millenials

Spiny Rumples

kiwifarms.net
I don't know why this particular person is acting this way, but I think that a big blow to internet culture was social media's takeover and a culture of almost no anonymity.
It's easier to get defensive if the strangers who are arguing with you can see you, where you live, your friends and private life. Plus, losing an argument means losing face in front of anyone who sees this for the rest of time. As such, I think people will stick with stronger, more reliable opinions that their close social group supports.

I think younger people are more cautious in "public" for some reason, because I've seen some loud, risky opinions thrown around in LinkedIn comment chains.

Mortin Shart

kiwifarms.net
how is that any different than millenials
I'm a millennial apparently, and I didn't have that exact upbringing. I would have if my mother had her way, but I had my father in my life, which I'm gonna assume all these other retards from my generation might not have. I rode 2 stroke dirt bikes growing up, fought the neighborhood kids and had a pocket knife at the age of 8. I didn't see internet until I was a grown Man living on my own, I shit you not. Every other kid on my block who had internet access at a younger age either got molested or turned into a fag (ie:. molested themselves)

Mountain Gorilla

woman
kiwifarms.net
There are a lot of factors. I think that Zoomer vs Gen X/Millennial view of the internet is very interesting.

I do agree that you hit on something calling Zoomers newfags with no internet street smarts. In the early to mid 2000s, the internet was unmonitored, patchy cesspool filled with strange subcultures that attracted a very specific type of person. You were always anonymous and the general rule was nothing was meant to be taken seriously. I dunno, from my perspective I find Zoomers entitled boarding on delusional regarding the type of interaction that they expect on the internet. The idea that someone should get IRL punished for an opinion that they wrote on the internet is so nonsensical to me as a old, decrepit millennial. Get a fucking backbone.

As people have hit on, I think the difference here is that Zoomers see the internet as fluid with their social life, whereas I much prefer to keep my internet life and my real life separate. Even the idea of people being able to find my snapchat and instagram because they have my phone number pisses me off.

Also, Zoomers are neurotically mindful of the fact that there are 8 billion people watching, so to speak. It is entirely normal for them to watch everyday people become memes and celebrities for stupid videos that they posted on the internet. To me, it is still surreal that people can actually make a liveable income off Youtube even if they are not a massive start. I think that this makes the internet a more sacred place for Zoomers. It's not just a hobby.

I am interested to see the Generation Alpha vs Millennial war that I believe will take place over the internet, with Gen A thinking that Millennials are too callous for shitposting.