YABookgate -

SpeedOSanicRee

Gotta Scroll Fast
kiwifarms.net
Kinda OT but Jenny Trout herself deserves her own thread, or at least, being included in the whole YA shenanigans. She was the one who completely sperged a couple of years ago about killing Trump and her supporters. She writes "feminist romance novels".
Yeah, I was kinda picking up on that when she was writing about some drama with some other writers and talking about some woman who was a Trump fan spewing white supremacist bullshit and these other women (who were CLEARLY the bad guys) were defending her. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume it WAS one of the crazy conservatives who are genuinely racist, but, nah.
Sorry to dump more about the YA reviewer, buuuuut considering the website we are on I can’t keep the mi.lk all to myself.

View attachment 744583View attachment 744584

Also; one of Slate’s writers posted this:
View attachment 744590
'U so mad I read what I love and not what i should be reading'. Bitch, you are doing the EXACT SAME THING. This bitch does need a thread. Someone please find as much info as you can. This thread keeps circling back to her enough that she probably should get her own.

Buer

The God of Tits and Wine
kiwifarms.net
Why did this Paige chick even go to college to get a B.A. in English if she hates what's they make you read so much? And why do her "reviews" sounds like a teenager wrote them and not a graduate with a degree in English? Don't they have standards in how you're supposed to review books in those classes. Did she just forget everything she learned?

SpeedOSanicRee

Gotta Scroll Fast
kiwifarms.net
Paige is not like those dumb heterosexual cis cunts. She is an asexual aromantic genderfluid person :roll:
View attachment 744624View attachment 744625View attachment 744634
She should just call it the LGBBQ club because that's what the movement has devolved into at this point.
The fact that she unironically describes herself as 'demi-gal' just killed every ounce of credibility she could ever dream of having. Like, that goes beyond SJWism and well into Tumblr territory. And the general consensus among anyone who is even remotely sane is that Tumblr is the worst thing to ever happen to LGBT people.
And why do her "reviews" sounds like a teenager wrote them and not a graduate with a degree in English?
Everything she writes has that air to it. The only separating her from a 13-year-old who spends too much time on Tumblr is that she's got a decent grasp on grammar.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Even the Fifty Shades series, which is possibly the worst series to ever sell over 100 million copies, has a really valuable lesson in it: the signs of an abusive relationship. I was reading an in-depth review recently and the reviewer wrote her opinion on EL James in the review of Freed's epilogue, and she had a good point. I never read the whole series (I tried and kept getting irrationally angry that it managed to get published despite sounding like a horny 13 year old wrote it) and while I'd heard it showed very well an abusive relationship (albeit unintentionally), I hadn't seen how bad it was until I read that woman's reviews.
God, everything about 50 Shades is fucked the more you look into it. You know, the most common criticism you hear about the Twilight series is that it's about an abusive relationship, and 50 Shades was first created as Twilight fanfiction but with BDSM. It's almost like E.L. James was so on the nose but she wasn't writing a parody or social commentary or criticism of the source material. She legitimately got off on it, and somehow managed to make enough connections to get her shit published.

I'm a firm believer you should be allowed to publish whatever you damn well please, but 50 Shades had no reason to be a best-seller even if it was just because of bad publicity drawing in curious readers. It also had no reason to get movies made of it, not even a blaxploitation parody of it. E.L. James had no reason to get her shitty fanfiction published other than perhaps because Cassandra Clare did just that, and there should be rules against that. Fuck sensitivity readers, they should hire researchers to go combing through the Internet just to make sure the original work is legit original and not a shoddily-rewritten fanfiction from ten years ago.

Also fuck WattPad for thinking their special snowflake safespace community is creative and talented enough to get movie deals made of their books.

This is where we are now. This is how creatively bankrupt the entertainment and literary industries are.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Why did this Paige chick even go to college to get a B.A. in English if she hates what's they make you read so much? And why do her "reviews" sounds like a teenager wrote them and not a graduate with a degree in English? Don't they have standards in how you're supposed to review books in those classes. Did she just forget everything she learned?
These people are committed to never having any fun, so you might as well keep that streak going while working towards your degree. And English college courses don't necessarily prepare someone to write reviews since I would view that as a separate skill set than writing a critical essay. I think it has more to do with her wanting to be an edgy bitch.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
These people are committed to never having any fun, so you might as well keep that streak going while working towards your degree. And English college courses don't necessarily prepare someone to write reviews since I would view that as a separate skill set than writing a critical essay. I think it has more to do with her wanting to be an edgy bitch.
It's a combination of edginess and activism. She really believes she's opening doors to women and minorities in the book industry.

SpeedOSanicRee

Gotta Scroll Fast
kiwifarms.net
It's a combination of edginess and activism. She really believes she's opening doors to women and minorities in the book industry.
That's kind of sad, because she's the type who, if she had any clout, would probably be doing the opposite. She's sitting and claiming (without showing any of the mountain of evidence she claims to have) that an Asian woman is a racist and stalks people. Anyone who asks for evidence is blocked. She is making book reviewers look so bad and she's also making the entire movement look bad because of how she's handling it.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Looks like the Maoists are doubling down on labelling Zhao a Racist, because writing about slavery makes you Anti-Black... somehow, even though to this day Asian women are the most LIKELY to be kidnapped and sold off into human trafficking rings.

View attachment 745707
View attachment 745708
View attachment 745709
View attachment 745710View attachment 745711View attachment 745714View attachment 745713
...These people are going to kill traditional publishing houses with their gatekeeping antics unless the execs who own them wise up and start ignoring them like they did to religous nuts in the 2000s.

GoFundMe must be rock hard right now.

M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net
...These people are going to kill traditional publishing houses with their gatekeeping antics unless the execs who own them wise up and start ignoring them like they did to religous nuts in the 2000s.

GoFundMe must be rock hard right now.
I think by the time Traditional Publishing houses realize that selling sanitized fiction kills their sales, they’ll throw these histrionics under the bus.

Get woke, go broke.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino