YABookgate -

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Queen
kiwifarms.net
http://www.theyakitten.net/about-me/

(Ashleigh) Paige Cee's website, she does confirm that she doesn't get paid for her reviews. (Of course she has 6 cats and took gender studies as part of her degree).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS1AeZG9v8J6xQS2glOfWGA

Paige's youtube - I watched a couple of her 'book review videos' she hasn't read any of the books and from skimming through some of her written reviews, she doesn't seem to do a lot of reading either. Lots of her complaining that it took her a long time to read whichever book she's reviewing.

https://birthofanewwitch.wordpress.com/author/msashleighpaige/

http://ashleighpaige.booklikes.com/blog

More of her blogs and reviews, all sjw nonsense all the way back to 2013.

SpeedOSanicRee

kiwifarms.net
Looks like the Maoists are doubling down on labelling Zhao a Racist, because writing about slavery makes you Anti-Black... somehow, even though to this day Asian women are the most LIKELY to be kidnapped and sold off into human trafficking rings.

View attachment 745707
View attachment 745708
View attachment 745709
View attachment 745710View attachment 745711View attachment 745714View attachment 745713
Ew, Barry Goldblatt. He's that one agent who has some sort of scoop on an 'anti-POC' shitlist that essentially means anyone who says anything even remotely deemed 'racist' could potentially get blacklisted. He also scared the shit out of a few writers as well by threatening them. There are details here and hoo boy is it a doozy.

Anyway, I will never take anything he says seriously.

Reactions: Venus

CheezzyMach

Totally Narly Swan Duuude
kiwifarms.net
Ew, Barry Goldblatt. He's that one agent who has some sort of scoop on an 'anti-POC' shitlist that essentially means anyone who says anything even remotely deemed 'racist' could potentially get blacklisted. He also scared the shit out of a few writers as well by threatening them. There are details here and hoo boy is it a doozy.

Anyway, I will never take anything he says seriously.
GoFundme is hard as a diamond right now.

SpeedOSanicRee

kiwifarms.net

(Ashleigh) Paige Cee's website, she does confirm that she doesn't get paid for her reviews. (Of course she has 6 cats and took gender studies as part of her degree).

Paige's youtube - I watched a couple of her 'book review videos' she hasn't read any of the books and from skimming through some of her written reviews, she doesn't seem to do a lot of reading either. Lots of her complaining that it took her a long time to read whichever book she's reviewing.

The fuck kind of person gets a degree in English but hates reading? It sounds like she wants to be a virtue signaler and was hoping having a degree would give her more credibility. She's probably right, but you know what gives the most credibility? Actually reading books when you get them and not complaining about how long it took you to read them, not acting like a fucking bitch to people who disagree with you, and not slandering people who will be more successful than you could ever dream of being.

Also, her voice has that 'basic white bitch' tone to it. I'm not surprised she sounds like that.

Dirty Mug

kiwifarms.net

This cunt should put that English degree to use and write a goddamn novel. If only so we could watch her get torn to shreds by sensitivity readers and thrown under the bus by her fellow """"reviewers"""".

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Queen
kiwifarms.net
The fuck kind of person gets a degree in English but hates reading? It sounds like she wants to be a virtue signaler and was hoping having a degree would give her more credibility. She's probably right, but you know what gives the most credibility? Actually reading books when you get them and not complaining about how long it took you to read them, not acting like a fucking bitch to people who disagree with you, and not slandering people who will be more successful than you could ever dream of being.

Also, her voice has that 'basic white bitch' tone to it. I'm not surprised she sounds like that.
One would hope that people searching through her book reviews for legitimately looking for an idea of whether or not to read a book would notice that her opinion is coming from a person that doesn't enjoy reading fairly easily .

Struggling to read/ not actually enjoying reading might also explain why she is stuck on YA books too. I would have thought that people usually find genres/ authors they enjoy and look for more of the same occasionally branching out to find newer things they might like rather than sticking with a particular reading level. eg. if you read the Eragon series and liked that you might start reading Robin Hobbs books and then read the ASOIF books sticking with similar content but introducing more complex language and themes into your reading as you mature. I'm sure this type of progression is applicable to most genres but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the way she writes and her posts on Twitter are very juvenile, (basic white bitch tone). I see this as a symptom of someone who immerses them-self in content aimed at a younger age group. Education doesn't just come from educational institutions, what you read/ watch/ listen to in your spare time is also important for mental development.

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
One would hope that people searching through her book reviews for legitimately looking for an idea of whether or not to read a book would notice that her opinion is coming from a person that doesn't enjoy reading fairly easily .

Struggling to read/ not actually enjoying reading might also explain why she is stuck on YA books too. I would have thought that people usually find genres/ authors they enjoy and look for more of the same occasionally branching out to find newer things they might like rather than sticking with a particular reading level. eg. if you read the Eragon series and liked that you might start reading Robin Hobbs books and then read the ASOIF books sticking with similar content but introducing more complex language and themes into your reading as you mature. I'm sure this type of progression is applicable to most genres but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the way she writes and her posts on Twitter are very juvenile, (basic white bitch tone). I see this as a symptom of someone who immerses them-self in content aimed at a younger age group. Education doesn't just come from educational institutions, what you read/ watch/ listen to in your spare time is also important for mental development.
Essentially, she's like a self-described gourmet or foodie who only eats McDonald's and KFC because vegetables are yucky, but will still pretend to have deep and profound things to say about the fucking McRib or whatever. She's a shallow, bitter, awful person surrounded by other shallow, awful, bitter people who feed into each other's shallowness, awfulness, and bitterness, while they imagine themselves to be above it all.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Looks like the Maoists are doubling down on labelling Zhao a Racist, because writing about slavery makes you Anti-Black... somehow, even though to this day Asian women are the most LIKELY to be kidnapped and sold off into human trafficking rings.
I liked the tweet that "her silence caused more harm". She immediately apologized and left social media for months because people were "reee"ing at her, and then they claimed that her silence caused more harm even though she had already apologized and cancelled the book (in theory to rewrite it).

I know that nothing you do will ever please these people, but geez they chased Zhao off the internet and it pissed them off that she left. Apparently because she hadn't groveled enough or something.

SpeedOSanicRee

kiwifarms.net
I liked the tweet that "her silence caused more harm". She immediately apologized and left social media for months because people were "reee"ing at her, and then they claimed that her silence caused more harm even though she had already apologized and cancelled the book (in theory to rewrite it).

I know that nothing you do will ever please these people, but geez they chased Zhao off the internet and it pissed them off that she left. Apparently because she hadn't groveled enough or something.
I really can't imagine what else they'd want her to do. Like, stay after she cancelled and apologized just to be their punching bag of the week? Honestly, sometimes the best thing you can do is disappear. Like, if it got to that point and I were in her shoes, I probably would've done the same thing.

Reactions: Buer and Salubrious

Marco Fucko

Freak a flow and flow fancy free.
kiwifarms.net
I really can't imagine what else they'd want her to do. Like, stay after she cancelled and apologized just to be their punching bag of the week? Honestly, sometimes the best thing you can do is disappear. Like, if it got to that point and I were in her shoes, I probably would've done the same thing.
That's exactly what they want. They want their boogeyman, and to defeat it, if only for a short time. Even with a formal apology and pulling of the book, Zhao no-selling her role as martyr leaves them with blue balls. Because at that point they haven't truly slayed the dragon, and to the public it looks like bullying, so they can't get either external or even internal asspats.

SpeedOSanicRee

kiwifarms.net
So I finally decided to look into the stalking allegations against Zhao. I figure if Paige truly has all these contacts who know, surely someone else would be talking about it, right?

Wrong. I can't find a single claim for this. Everything that popped up on Google was a dead end. Like, IF it didn't just remove the 'stalking' part of the search entirely, it would reference something else (for example, there's a result for '2019 book scandals' that mentioned stalking, but in reference to an author who was actually stalking someone writing a book about the experience). So Paige couldn't even get anyone else on this bandwagon to make the claim as well. And again, if this truly happened, I would think there would be other places reporting on it other than random no-name book reviewer. But there's nothing. Yahoo had similar results.

I'm just waiting for the next round of this. There seems to have been some sort of controversy every single month of 2019 so far.

Last edited:

Next Task

kiwifarms.net
I really can't imagine what else they'd want her to do.
They wanted her to apologise over and over again, telling them how right they were and how wrong she was. They wanted her to act as their whipping boy for as long as they had the strength to hit her, and they wanted her to ask for more. They wanted her to vanish off the face of the earth in shame, with her last words being, 'You were so right...'

SJW cliques like this have a strong sadistic streak, where nothing will ever be good enough and your very existence provokes more anger. They have apparently bottomless pits of rage to direct against anyone who wrongs them, and once you're marked, if you show weakness they will shred you down to the bone. It's extremely high school bullshit of that particularly female nastiness involving backstabbing, rumour-spreading, fake concern and masking insecurities by lashing out at others.

Never giving them an inch is probably the best you can do. In an area as tempestuous as YA turns out to be, hiding out for a couple of months and then proceeding as if nothing has happened was likely her best choice after having originally capitulated - because the blowback is much quieter now they've gotten distracted by other targets to destroy. Ideally these cunts would just grow the fuck up, but they're adults dealing with teen fiction, so they clearly have no desire to do so. And yet I bet they bitch and moan about arrested development in the dreaded cishet white men they despise so much, because if there's one thing you can always count on with SJWs, it's hypocrisy.

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, these people are amazing(ly predictable)

This is from her FAQ in her website:

What was the inspiration behind your book? I was watching a Supernatural rerun and they were making Buffy references. Earlier that day, I'd read somewhere that Disney was gonna do a life action Alice in Wonderland and I had been wondering what that would look like. This two things collided in my head and I wrote a fight scene with a modern Alice. I liked it and kept going
Supernatural, Buffy, Disney.

These YA writers aren't writers: they're fucking fanfickers. Also, her whole book is "what if Alice was black". They can't come up with new ideas besides "what if (famous character) looked more like I do?" or "what if I was part of (fictional established universe)?".

Read her fucking website, the FAQ, especially. It's as lolcowish as you expect: she's a Griffindor. Of course.

SpeedOSanicRee

kiwifarms.net
Real talk though both the cover and the title feel like something out of blaxploitation.

EDIT: It's literally We Wuz Alice in Wonderland and Shiet :story:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36952594-a-blade-so-black
I am exactly 0% surprised that she is being a bitch to white people. I fucking hate this idea that you can't be racist to white people because we were the oppressors for centuries. You can absolutely be racist to white people. The definition of racism is 'prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior'. There is nothing in there saying that it can't possibly apply to white people. So I hate this fucking idea that you can be completely insufferable to someone for being white and it's not racist. If you switched the races it absolutely would be, so it should be if the victim is white.
God, why do all these women look like your stereotypical suburban housewife (regardless if they're married with kids or not) who nurses a glass of wine every day?
A GLASS? She reminds me of the type of person who would brag about being the Cool Wine Aunt.
Read her fucking website, the FAQ, especially. It's as lolcowish as you expect: she's a Griffindor. Of course.
For a published author, she sure has pretty shit grammar. I noticed it in what you quoted, and I noticed throughout the FAQ. You'd think she could have the editor she no doubt hired polish up her site.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino