YABookgate -

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, these people are amazing(ly predictable)

This is from her FAQ in her website:

Supernatural, Buffy, Disney.

These YA writers aren't writers: they're fucking fanfickers. Also, her whole book is "what if Alice was black". They can't come up with new ideas besides "what if (famous character) looked more like I do?" or "what if I was part of (fictional established universe)?".

Read her fucking website, the FAQ, especially. It's as lolcowish as you expect: she's a Griffindor. Of course.
Right up there with the likes of Romeo and Juliet, Alice in Wonderland has to be the most influential and widely-copied series on this gay earth that everyone and their grandmother has made fanfiction about it. Hell, wouldn't surprise me if Wizard of Oz really and truly is just another version/retelling of the same story. An example: CLAMP is a doujinshi group consisting of four grown-ass fujoshits who made a version of Alice in Wonderland where everyone's a lesbian. That's it.

And this tart has the gall to think she's soooo original and clever to think her version of Alice in Wonderland is the most progressive thing ever when it's just a mashup of her favorite circlejerking series.

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
So, do you guys remember L.L McKinney- one of the #OwnVoices cry bullies who initially dog piled onto Zhao?
View attachment 747533
This is what she looks like:
View attachment 747532
What race is she? Even Rachel Dolezal looks blacker than her.

SpeedOSanicRee

Gotta Scroll Fast
kiwifarms.net
Hell, wouldn't surprise me if Wizard of Oz really and truly is just another version/retelling of the same story.
According to Wikipedia, at least some of the inspiration came from Alice in Wonderland.
Based on the description, I'm assuming the main character's worst flaw is that they are too awesome.
Mary Sue characters are the absolute worst. Honestly, nobody likes them. If your character is literally only there to be perfect and your worst enemy only hates you because you're better than them, you done fucked up. If that's what the main character ends up being, it will not be well-received and while she can (and likely will) bitch about racism if a white person says it, POC saying it can't really be excused with that.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Right up there with the likes of Romeo and Juliet, Alice in Wonderland has to be the most influential and widely-copied series on this gay earth that everyone and their grandmother has made fanfiction about it. Hell, wouldn't surprise me if Wizard of Oz really and truly is just another version/retelling of the same story. An example: CLAMP is a doujinshi group consisting of four grown-ass fujoshits who made a version of Alice in Wonderland where everyone's a lesbian. That's it.
View attachment 748242
And this tart has the gall to think she's soooo original and clever to think her version of Alice in Wonderland is the most progressive thing ever when it's just a mashup of her favorite circlejerking series.
OT: Clamp had a good Alice-like story few years ago, Magic Knight Rayeart. I highly recommend it. It even had the "second part" where the protagonists return.

Three girls are summoned to a magical world called Zafiro, where they believe their mission is to rescue Princess Emeraud who's been kidnapped by the wizard Zagathos. They defeat all of Zagathos' minions, even Zagathos himself only to discover he never kidnapped the Princess: she was in love with him all aolong and went with him on her own. Due to the magic of her role as princess, a "Pillar", she can't fall in love, so she summoned the girls to kill her in order to bring a new Pillar.

In the second part, The girls return to Zafiro. One of them, Hikari, feels guilty over her role killing the Princess. Her guilt creates a dark being made out of her sorrow that is trolling around. Because the Princess is not there anymore to protect Zafiro and there is no Pillar, there are foreign invaders trying to take over the world now and each try to become a Pillar. Hikari becomes herself the Pillar and with her new power, destroys the Pillar system and now the people of Zafiro should take care of their own and no ruler will have to go through what Emeraude did.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Not until like the fifth or sixth book, if I recall correctly. She was described as having dreadlocks at some point earlier on, but that's hardly definitive. She was black in all the movies, and JK specified some of the characters' races when the books didn't describe them.
Yeah but she specified the races by using the most ridiculous stereotypical names she could think of. Calling an Indian girl 'Padme Patel' is like calling a white guy John Smith.

M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net
So with Zhao releasing her book anyway should send the message to the masses that absolutely no one should listen to talentless Twitter Psychos that are stuck in perpetual high school.

Imagine if the likes of Lovecraft and JD Salinger caved into the easily offended crowds from their day? Goes to show that you can be labelled a bigot and somehow survive.

Bret Easton Ellis, the author of American Psycho, also caught quite a bit of smearing from leftists because he wrote about women being murdered by a yuppie.

Speaking of Ellis, just a few hours ago he made jabs against the cancel-culture mindset: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/come-on-cancel-me-an-interview-with-bret-easton-ellis/

With that said, Patrick Bateman was a parody of Trump before making Trump parodies was cool.

Edit: so that interview was brought on by Ellis mocking the Twitter Book community’s cancel culture.

The novelist Bret Easton Ellis annoyed young people in an interview this week. “I mean, what is millennial culture?” he asked. “There’s no writing. They don’t care about literature. None of them reads books.” The only culture they have, he said, is “cancel culture”. But what is that?
“Someone said it about me today, ‘Let’s cancel Bret Easton Ellis’,” he explained. “The word gets used all the time, ‘We’re going to cancel this person, she shouldn’t have tweeted that, she’s cancelled’.” Indeed: where once you might “cancel” a train booking or a TV show, it became possible in 2013 or so to “cancel” a human being, meaning to withdraw your admiration.
This is, arguably, in line with the sense of “cancel” whereby a legal document is annulled: the offending celebrity is rendered invalid as a source of enjoyment or wisdom.
The phrase “cancel culture” became mainstream in 2018 as more and more humans were officially cancelled. Easton Ellis might be reassured, though, to remember that “cancel” comes from the Latin cancelli, cross-hatching, and literally means to obliterate writing by drawing lines through it. If millennials buy his books to do that, he’ll still get the royalties.[\quote]
Source: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/books/2019/apr/25/cancel-bret-easton-ellis-millennials-culture

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeedOSanicRee

Gotta Scroll Fast
kiwifarms.net
So with Zhao releasing her book anyway should send the message to the masses that absolutely no one should listen to talentless Twitter Psychos that are stuck in perpetual high school.

Imagine if the likes of Lovecraft and JD Salinger caved into the easily offended crowds from their day? Goes to show that you can be labelled a bigot and somehow survive.

Bret Easton Ellis, the author of American Psycho, also caught quite a bit of smearing from leftists because he wrote about women being murdered by a yuppie.

Speaking of Ellis, just a few hours ago he made jabs against the cancel-culture mindset: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/come-on-cancel-me-an-interview-with-bret-easton-ellis/

With that said, Patrick Bateman was a parody of Trump before making Trump parodies was cool.

Edit: so that interview was brought on by Ellis mocking the Twitter Book community’s cancel culture.
Nice. I didn't know Bateman was a Trump parody, that's funny.,

Also, that first paragraph in the quote, the 'The novelist Bret Easton Ellis annoyed young people in an interview this week. “I mean, what is millennial culture?” he asked. “There’s no writing. They don’t care about literature. None of them reads books.” The only culture they have, he said, is “cancel culture”. But what is that?' was just amusing for some reason. 'None of them even read and the only culture they have is cancel culture' is hilarious.

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So glad I found this thread, because I really dislike these morons. I especially hate the "OwnVoices" nonsense, because they scream about wanting representation of all kinds in every book, and no one author is going to be all minorities at once, but they'll throw tantrums if the author isn't the same as all their characters. And, if someone writes a book, they shouldn't be forced to out themselves as gay/trans/etc. and list any mental health issues they have to avoid the shrieking. They shouldn't be barred from using a pen name to prove that their skin is the same color as their character's. I just don't understand it. You can write about a thing without being that thing. That's been accepted since storytelling was invented. Shakespeare was not the prince of Denmark, so I guess he should have been publicly flogged for writing Hamlet.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator
kiwifarms.net
This is WOKE as fuck https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41473872-i-wish-you-all-the-best?from_search=true
View attachment 752708
Imagine advocating for white people to not write about non white settings, right after preaching about Muh Diversity.
I'd like to see this person try to write her own novel (it's a "not like other girls UwU" enby) only to end up facing the exact same type of NOT WOKE ENOUGH criticism that she directs towards others. We all know it would happen.

Gotta love this reply to her review, by the way

Kosoko Jackson, for those of you who don't know or remember who he is, is another YA author who withdrew his book after facing backlash for not being #woke enough (ironically, he used to work as a sensitivity reader for YA publishers and even said on one occasion that women shouldn't be allowed to "profit from stories about gay men"). https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/ya-book-scandal-kosoko-jackson-a-place-for-wolves-explained.html

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino