YABookgate -

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now THIS is woke!
Seeing things like this makes me wonder if I should stop trying to write anything that's actually decent and thought provoking. Why bother putting in any effort if publishers are just going to throw money at anything that vomits up the 'right' talking points? Anybody could easily spew out a few thousand words about a kweer pee-oh-see whining about muh privileges. It takes no effort or real thought, and you don't even have to worry about character development because the people drawn to this shit will reee if the main character isn't a perfect mouth piece from the get-go. And who needs a personality when a collection of labels will suffice just fine?

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Seeing things like this makes me wonder if I should stop trying to write anything that's actually decent and thought provoking. Why bother putting in any effort if publishers are just going to throw money at anything that vomits up the 'right' talking points? Anybody could easily spew out a few thousand words about a kweer pee-oh-see whining about muh privileges. It takes no effort or real thought, and you don't even have to worry about character development because the people drawn to this shit will reee if the main character isn't a perfect mouth piece from the get-go. And who needs a personality when a collection of labels will suffice just fine?
Literally anyone can do it too. You don't need to be born a certain race, just say you're transgender or non-binary or whatever and if anyone questions you call down a Twitter mob on those transphobic shitlords. If you gotta troon out to publish a book, then you troon the fuck out.

SpeedOSanicRee

Gotta Scroll Fast
kiwifarms.net
Another potential shitstorm brewing up:
View attachment 769548View attachment 769549

The thread that started this: https://mobile.twitter.com/AlinaBoyden/status/1131599131162624000

Oppression olympics in action!
Ugh, more 'ownvoices' shit. I understand representation can be important, and that I, as a cis woman, don't know what a trans woman deals with daily, but this just sounds like a way of stifling creativity if you don't agree with it. You know what that's called?

Also, Chloe, honey, if you consider yourself a writer, you need to learn how to use commas. That's a very basic concept and you're never going to get anywhere without them. You had plenty of room in that Tweet for three more characters.

Piga Dgrifm

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ugh, more 'ownvoices' shit. I understand representation can be important, and that I, as a cis woman, don't know what a trans woman deals with daily, but this just sounds like a way of stifling creativity if you don't agree with it. You know what that's called?
And it also forces people to out themselves to prove they're "worthy" of writing the story, which you'd think someone who claims to be #WOKE would realize isn't a good thing to do to somebody.

Buer

The God of Tits and Wine
kiwifarms.net
^That sounds like a good way to scare people away from writing trans characters in their stories. Which seems to be what those people want honestly. But if you're going to be like that then don't get upset when their aren't many trans protagonists in fiction.
capttt.PNG

I mean with statements like this do you believe this author would be okay with more trans characters/protagonists in cis people's stories? I think she'd go green with envy that other author's (cis) might get more successful than her off of putting trans characters in their stories. So of course she's going to police what other people write.

Piga Dgrifm

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actual reviews for that tryhard enby book posted a few pages back are starting to come out:

lol, this reviewer must be new.

From a different review:

Books should not ever make you feel uncomfortable. Not like writing is art or anything.

This OwnVoices nonsense is spreading to writing reviews too, now.

Imagine getting a book that panders to the Tumblr crowd as much as possible, and still finding a reason to get triggered.

Honestly, this book sounds like it would be fun to mock on here if anyone can get a PDF.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
I was at Barnes & Noble two weeks ago and I saw they had the enby book right next to the children's books aisle (I guess YA is in that section, I don't usually go to that side of the store unless I need to go to the restroom). I didn't count how many copies they had, but it looked like they had a decent number of copies that they probably could easily sell because it's B&N, but I don't recall them really advertising it.

I wonder if there's a way to track sales figures for literature, though if it's bombing, the author might REE about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Marco Fucko

SpeedOSanicRee

Gotta Scroll Fast
kiwifarms.net
That's....not a location, you dumbass.
Selection_101.png

LMAO he's following some bot that posts quotes from his book (that he probably made and also he'll probably retweet it), fucking ContraPoints, and a former BuzzFeed writer who now works for SELF magazine (which, BTW, is a 'health' mag that featured Tess Holliday). How many crossovers can we fit in here? TBH there is probably more but I don't feel like scrolling any further. This was literally the first 6 results I got, and half of them are lulcows or lulcow-worthy.
Selection_103.png

M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net
I, for one, am enjoying the debacle that is the OwnVoices cannibalism. The sooner people realize that it’s pointless to try to pander to the OwnVoices shit, the sooner hacks could be weeded out of the publishing industry.

And holy fuck, that little passage sample of writing is a shit ton a lot worse than anything I’ve ever seen from the Twilight saga. If it isn’t a rule already, you shouldn’t have a character speak more than twice per paragraph- especially if said section is less than four sentences long.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino