YABookgate -

Krimjob

kiwifarms.net
Here’s a decent article as to why modern literature, especially Young Adult, sucks for the most part:
Eh, I disagree. I mean sure there is tons of bad stuff, but keep in mind that writing is more open than even now with the interwebz. It goes without saying that the ratio becomes a bit fucked with that. There is still some great stuff being published.

YA has gone down tho, but then again, it was always bad. After all, YA was never meant to be deeply intellectual in the first place. It's emotional masturbation for the most part.

At the same time, Haruki Murakami is pretty YA'ish and his work is top notch. Not entirely sure if his work counts as YA tho, but it's definitely aimed at that crowd with some of his work.

At the end of the day, there has always been few good writers. On top of that, most intellectual writers don't get recognized for decades most of the time. Nowadays a lot of writers want to provide for themselves so putting out some trash is usually the way to do it.

In my opinion a lot of this stems from the media and "critics" that trash anything original. If you try something new and a bit "odd" you get trashed and won't receive any hype. Write something LBTQ or some trash like JK Rowling and you'll get tons of aid from the mass media. Critics will still burn you tho, those cunts don't like anything that isn't Kafka.

SpeedOSanicRee

kiwifarms.net
Eh, I disagree. I mean sure there is tons of bad stuff, but keep in mind that writing is more open than even now with the interwebz. It goes without saying that the ratio becomes a bit fucked with that. There is still some great stuff being published.
It's usually what's self-published that is garbage. With Kindle Direct/Createspace, you can publish anything you want for free. It's how EL James got popular.

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now THIS is woke!
Seeing things like this makes me wonder if I should stop trying to write anything that's actually decent and thought provoking. Why bother putting in any effort if publishers are just going to throw money at anything that vomits up the 'right' talking points? Anybody could easily spew out a few thousand words about a kweer pee-oh-see whining about muh privileges. It takes no effort or real thought, and you don't even have to worry about character development because the people drawn to this shit will reee if the main character isn't a perfect mouth piece from the get-go. And who needs a personality when a collection of labels will suffice just fine?

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Seeing things like this makes me wonder if I should stop trying to write anything that's actually decent and thought provoking. Why bother putting in any effort if publishers are just going to throw money at anything that vomits up the 'right' talking points? Anybody could easily spew out a few thousand words about a kweer pee-oh-see whining about muh privileges. It takes no effort or real thought, and you don't even have to worry about character development because the people drawn to this shit will reee if the main character isn't a perfect mouth piece from the get-go. And who needs a personality when a collection of labels will suffice just fine?
Literally anyone can do it too. You don't need to be born a certain race, just say you're transgender or non-binary or whatever and if anyone questions you call down a Twitter mob on those transphobic shitlords. If you gotta troon out to publish a book, then you troon the fuck out.

SpeedOSanicRee

kiwifarms.net
Another potential shitstorm brewing up:
View attachment 769548View attachment 769549

The thread that started this: https://mobile.twitter.com/AlinaBoyden/status/1131599131162624000

Oppression olympics in action!
Ugh, more 'ownvoices' shit. I understand representation can be important, and that I, as a cis woman, don't know what a trans woman deals with daily, but this just sounds like a way of stifling creativity if you don't agree with it. You know what that's called?

Also, Chloe, honey, if you consider yourself a writer, you need to learn how to use commas. That's a very basic concept and you're never going to get anywhere without them. You had plenty of room in that Tweet for three more characters.

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ugh, more 'ownvoices' shit. I understand representation can be important, and that I, as a cis woman, don't know what a trans woman deals with daily, but this just sounds like a way of stifling creativity if you don't agree with it. You know what that's called?
And it also forces people to out themselves to prove they're "worthy" of writing the story, which you'd think someone who claims to be #WOKE would realize isn't a good thing to do to somebody.

Buer

The God of Tits and Wine
kiwifarms.net
^That sounds like a good way to scare people away from writing trans characters in their stories. Which seems to be what those people want honestly. But if you're going to be like that then don't get upset when their aren't many trans protagonists in fiction.
capttt.PNG

I mean with statements like this do you believe this author would be okay with more trans characters/protagonists in cis people's stories? I think she'd go green with envy that other author's (cis) might get more successful than her off of putting trans characters in their stories. So of course she's going to police what other people write.

SpeedOSanicRee

kiwifarms.net
I love watching trannies fight. It's amusing and fuels my drama meter from afar.
Selection_097.png

Selection_098.png

Let's see who this Mary Sue person is, eh?
Selection_099.png

Good god, even as a tranny (??) he looks like a soyboy. Oh, BTW, the pinned post is this:
Screenshot at 2019-05-23 23-41-53.jpg

I really don't think you want to use yourself to promote your movement.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino