Diseased #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
I don't think I can, that's my point. He's been so fucking weird and wrong about things - saying stuff is good when it's not and vice-versa.
Maybe I'm weird but I never agree with him on Gail Simone - I find "aunt humor" funny, and while I notice a lot of her stuff has "sitting around eating", it doesn't really bother me.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm weird but I never agree with him on Gail Simone - I find "aunt humor" funny, and while I notice a lot of her stuff has "sitting around eating", it doesn't really bother me.
I honestly wouldn't hate any of these guys if they didn't act like assclowns on Twitter and make it painfully obvious that they hate the guys signing their paychecks.

That said, that new Gwenpool comic is making me retroactively hate Gwen Stacy. The author is god awful.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I honestly wouldn't hate any of these guys if they didn't act like assclowns on Twitter and make it painfully obvious that they hate the guys signing their paychecks.

That said, that new Gwenpool comic is making me retroactively hate Gwen Stacy. The author is god awful.
The sitting around eating stuff is to make it easier for them to roll it to streaming

Wait...two gwen stacys exist?

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

To be fair, Gwenpool isn't even Gwen Stacy.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 963377

View attachment 963378
View attachment 963379
View attachment 963381
I can't fucking wait for the future that laughs off this current obsession with race and gender.
View attachment 963382
Having 17% of respondents being not male or female shows how valueless this survey is, and makes it harder to take it seriously. No-one who anyone cares about will have responded to this.

I'm soo glad I don't bother with twitter <3

• Agree
Reactions: Next Task

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
The sitting around eating stuff is to make it easier for them to roll it to streaming

Wait...two gwen stacys exist?
Awhile ago Marvel had a hard on for Gwen Stacy and created Spider Gwen: a punk rocker version of Gwen from another universe and Gwenpool: Technically not Gwen Stacy but Gwen Poole or someshit an IRL female comics fan* Haha * who somehow got sucked into the comic book world. Allegedly she's based on a cosplayer one of the sadbrains at Marvel was thirsty for.

Reactions: WhimsicalTrolli

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Awhile ago Marvel had a hard on for Gwen Stacy and created Spider Gwen: a punk rocker version of Gwen from another universe and Gwenpool: Technically not Gwen Stacy but Gwen Poole or someshit an IRL female comics fan* Haha * who somehow got sucked into the comic book world. Allegedly she's based on a cosplayer one of the sadbrains at Marvel was thirsty for.
Yeah Spider Gwen is an awful character

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah Spider Gwen is an awful character
Spider Gwen wouldn't be so bad if they stopped trying to make her snarky like OG Spidey and failing.

Gwenpool seems to only exist for lolsorandumb humor and so Leah Williams can take a shit on Marvel fans these days.

As an aside do you really know people in the industry?

Reactions: WhimsicalTrolli

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Spider Gwen wouldn't be so bad if they stopped trying to make her snarky like OG Spidey and failing.

As an aside do you really know people in the industry?
I know [via the internet] people in the industry. I have regular convos online with a creator. I dont want to powerlevel and I dont want people to bug a guy who is being super cool

I also made friends with a guy whose fingers are in all sorts of entertainment industry pies.

Chuck Dixon semi-regularly jumps in on my FB page ((but he doesnt really talk on DMs))

Reactions: CheezzyMach

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Whale Simone, The Scourge of Seaworld isn't the worst offender when it comes to bad comedy in comics, but I've grown to hate any abortive attempt at humor after years of Bendis and Co. sacrificing good characterization for a bad quip. Characters should have unique and varied personalities. Its okay for some of the characters to be jokey, but they shouldn't all be jokey, sardonic quip machines.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
Whale Simone, The Scourge of Seaworld isn't the worst offender when it comes to bad comedy in comics, but I've grown to hate any abortive attempt at humor after years of Bendis and Co. sacrificing good characterization for a bad quip. Characters should have unique and varied personalities. Its okay for some of the characters to be jokey, but they shouldn't all be jokey, sardonic quip machines.
Eh, I don't think her characters are like that tbh.

I think most of DC fandom hates Bendis for what he's doing with the Supes family, and effectively steamrolling any chance of a future for Super Sons.

• Agree
Reactions: Jetpack Himmler

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
Gwenpool hands down.

Spider Gwen is just a shitty girl version of Peter. Gwenpool is everything wrong with NuMarvel and modern entertainment manifested in a single character.
They both annoy me in that they’re shittier versions of existing characters. Spider-Gwen really gets me though because it brings back a previously killed off character and gives her someone else’s superpowers and then they didn’t even bother to give her a real name until maybe a year ago (an issue that’s still prevalent with Miles since they still refer to both him and Peter as “Spider-Man”). Their existence stinks of a lack of creativity and Marvel settling for cutesy joke characters in lieu of genuine new ideas, and the fact they’re both named Gwen-Something or Something-Gwen really cements it.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
They both annoy me in that they’re shittier versions of existing characters. Spider-Gwen really gets me though because it brings back a previously killed off character and gives her someone else’s superpowers and then they didn’t even bother to give her a real name until maybe a year ago (an issue that’s still prevalent with Miles since they still refer to both him and Peter as “Spider-Man”). Their existence stinks of a lack of creativity and Marvel settling for cutesy joke characters in lieu of genuine new ideas, and the fact they’re both named Gwen-Something or Something-Gwen really cements it.
Spider Gwen just reminds me of Peter's early years when he was a complete asshole and to her credit at least her existence didn't come at the expense of another character like the Anya Spider-Girl* I know no-one but me gives a fuck about Julia Carpenter but still *. Gwenpool though makes me want to strangle someone since her new comic solely exists so Leah Williams can shit on Marvel and old fans and she is a walking caricature of obnoxious Twitter and Tumbler fanbrats.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Also Peter has never really had to deal with how screwed up it is

Spider Gwen just reminds me of Peter's early years when he was a complete asshole and to her credit at least her existence didn't come at the expense of another character like the Anya Spider-Girl* I know no-one but me gives a fuck about Julia Carpenter but still *. Gwenpool though makes me want to strangle someone since her new comic solely exists so Leah Williams can shit on Marvel and old fans and she is a walking caricature of obnoxious Twitter and Tumbler fanbrats.
Julia is Madame Web now