Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
There are four Cyberfrog Campaigns:
1. Cyberfrog cover - Status unknown. People claim it hasn't been fulfilled, or it may only be partially fulfilled.
2. Salamandroid cover - Mostly fulfilled. Ethan talked about holding back fulfillment on ashcan backers until the ashcan arrived. No idea what proportion of ashcan backers received their book in a separate shipment.
3. Team-Up cover - Mostly fulfilled. Same deal as the Salamandroid cover.
4. Line art variant covers - Unfulfilled. Will supposedly be fulfilled once all other campaigns are fulfilled (read: never).
Ah, you guys are silly.

So all of the CYBERFROG BLOODHONEY books are fulfilled, unless you ordered the 1998: DIARY OF HEATHER SWAIN ashcans, and those are still in production. Those will be in my hands soon, and they'll go out to $50+ backers along with the AMPHIBIONIX colored bonus ashcans, which are in my hands.

DIARY OF HEATHER SWAIN is now 20 pages of story. The art is finished. It was going to consist of cut scenes from BLOODHONEY, but it just seemed pointless. Instead, it tells the story of the invasion from Heather's point of view, and leads right up to the end of BLOODHONEY. I'm printing them as ashcans and also 1000 full sized comic versions with bonus features.

VAMPIRELLA/CYBERFROG is completely fulfilled except for replacements for damaged copies.

VAMPIRELLA #1 RED FOIL ft CYBERFROG is going to print this week.

CYBERFROG LINE ART VARIANTS will go out when BLOODHONEY is completely fulfilled. Probably December.

CYBERFROG RIBBITCOINS seemed like a fun merch opportunity that got offered to me. It was going to be attached to the trading cards, but that helped make the cards unaffordable in the feedback I received, so I'm offering them separately.

CYBERFROG WARTS AND ALL: The Complete 90's Hardcover Collection is in production right, the files are all being cleaned up. It's a lot more work than I thought, but we'll offer it soon.

Basically, I'm working on the 700 sketch covers, the $100 tier for BLOODHONEY, and I've got 100+ of them finished. I'm working on this stuff constantly. My livestreams are a nice break from all of this, but I understand that people think livestreaming is indulgent or a waste of time, when I should ONLY be drawing and fulfilling CF campaigns.

I enjoy it, I'll keep doing it.

EVS
Colin.jpg

Mitch Breitweiser got to run a 2nd campaign without fulfilling his first as part of a deal that Ethan reached with IGG allowing creators of Ethan's choosing that privilege. When asked about it, the IGG rep said this.
View attachment 991336

I think it's fine, I just don't know why they have to be all cloak and dagger. I fulfilled my campaigns immediately, so that kind of privilege would be lost on me anyway. I am sure that they would not allow me to do it because I don't make it rain like the big guys do. However, if Ethan vouched for me, well then...
They're not "cloak and dagger," you dummy. Other people's campaigns are just none of your business. This dude probably doesn't even know what the fuck you're talking about, "special arrangement ComicsGate creators have..."

I don't blame you though. I asked my contact what the problem was with Vox Day's campaign that got canceled, and they told me it was "confidential and not open to discussion," because it also wasn't my business.

Have you even tried opening up two concurrent campaigns? They let everyone do that. Disbursement of funds is the issue. They'll hold your money if you aren't fulfilling campaigns reasonably.

I'll put in a good word for you though.

Nippy

kiwifarms.net
Ah, you guys are silly.

So all of the CYBERFROG BLOODHONEY books are fulfilled, unless you ordered the 1998: DIARY OF HEATHER SWAIN ashcans, and those are still in production. Those will be in my hands soon, and they'll go out to $50+ backers along with the AMPHIBIONIX colored bonus ashcans, which are in my hands.

DIARY OF HEATHER SWAIN is now 20 pages of story. The art is finished. It was going to consist of cut scenes from BLOODHONEY, but it just seemed pointless. Instead, it tells the story of the invasion from Heather's point of view, and leads right up to the end of BLOODHONEY. I'm printing them as ashcans and also 1000 full sized comic versions with bonus features.

VAMPIRELLA/CYBERFROG is completely fulfilled except for replacements for damaged copies.

VAMPIRELLA #1 RED FOIL ft CYBERFROG is going to print this week.

CYBERFROG LINE ART VARIANTS will go out when BLOODHONEY is completely fulfilled. Probably December.

CYBERFROG RIBBITCOINS seemed like a fun merch opportunity that got offered to me. It was going to be attached to the trading cards, but that helped make the cards unaffordable in the feedback I received, so I'm offering them separately.

CYBERFROG WARTS AND ALL: The Complete 90's Hardcover Collection is in production right, the files are all being cleaned up. It's a lot more work than I thought, but we'll offer it soon.

Basically, I'm working on the 700 sketch covers, the $100 tier for BLOODHONEY, and I've got 100+ of them finished. I'm working on this stuff constantly. My livestreams are a nice break from all of this, but I understand that people think livestreaming is indulgent or a waste of time, when I should ONLY be drawing and fulfilling CF campaigns.

I enjoy it, I'll keep doing it.

EVS
View attachment 991841
Something doesn't really add up. First you promised an 88 page comic, were always vague about how much was story and how much was back matter. The book comes out and it's 80 pages, a chunk of it filler. OK fine.

But included in that book, were pages I remember you saying were for the ashcan. So somewhere along the way you changed your mind and, without telling anyone, worked the ashcan into the main story. OK fine.

But it's obvious to anyone paying attention that you only recently started drawing this new ashcan: Only just now posting the line art on Twitter; never any explanation of why the ash cans are late, when they should be the easiest to print. Why all the subterfuge? What the fuck have you been doing for the past year?

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Mitch Breitweiser got to run a 2nd campaign without fulfilling his first as part of a deal that Ethan reached with IGG allowing creators of Ethan's choosing that privilege. When asked about it, the IGG rep said this.
View attachment 991336

I think it's fine, I just don't know why they have to be all cloak and dagger. I fulfilled my campaigns immediately, so that kind of privilege would be lost on me anyway. I am sure that they would not allow me to do it because I don't make it rain like the big guys do. However, if Ethan vouched for me, well then...
You never posted receipts that this corrupt bargain exists [nor has anyone else making the claim fwiw] and if you say its "in a live stream" time stamps count for receipts

HonsPonzud

A cuck forever for supporting Comicsgate R-e-tARDZ
kiwifarms.net
@FROG

"So all of the CYBERFROG BLOODHONEY books are fulfilled" :disagree:

Reality check :

I still see A LOT of people complaining they haven't received either their first book, sometimes the 2nd, and sometimes 1 and 2, but a lot more say they haven't got their 1st. Some are complaining the book is full of "filler" pages, as i have the 2nd one i see a lot of pages with very few drawing sometimes and huge areas of BLACK (hilarious attempt at saving any efforts and still calling that a "page" ) And also a lot of people saying it's not fullfilled until everything from the campaign "is" fullfilled too, (ashcans anyone ? :) ) sorry to say that from a strict professionnal standpoint, it is not when so much of your backers are this pissed off on your own comment section on indiegogo.

----------------------------

"DIARY OF HEATHER SWAIN is now 20 pages of story. The art is finished. It was going to consist of cut scenes from BLOODHONEY, but it just seemed pointless." :disagree:

Then it's not fullfilled either.

"VAMPIRELLA/CYBERFROG is completely fulfilled except for replacements for damaged copies." 👽

It isn't even your main course but it's kinda fullfilled ? Priorities completely fucked up.

"VAMPIRELLA #1 RED FOIL ft CYBERFROG is going to print this week." :disagree:

Again, by "pro's' standard you so proudly name your channel after, it's still not fullfilled.

"CYBERFROG LINE ART VARIANTS will go out when BLOODHONEY is completely fulfilled. Probably December."
:disagree:

Still doesn't mean shit when your first campaign is, objectively, not even fullfilled yet.

"CYBERFROG RIBBITCOINS" :story:

Let's be honest about that easy cash grab, this one didn't ask for any effort from you but to deface and remove any value of these coins, just with stickers of previous drawings, this is hilarious that it might be the first one to be ever completely fullfilled without delay. Goes to say a lot of things about how you consider customers "and" effort into something.

"CYBERFROG WARTS AND ALL: The Complete 90's Hardcover Collection is in production right..." :disagree:

Holy shit that's a lot of things to work on when you haven't even delivered the 88 pages you talked about in the first place, 7 campaigns when the first one is still pissing off a huge chunk of backers on your indiegogo comment sections.

To anyone who didn't follow, it's 7 indiegogo campaigns when the first one is still not completely fullfilled AND still opening new ones like the coins (wich, doesn't ask for any efforts to get fullfilled, you should have launched that kind of merch BEFORE funding any comics, you are doing everything completely reversed. Youtube channels usually launch merch years before they try any larger scale projects. You dummie, now everyone look at it as a scam and nothing else because you pulled the cart before anything else. ).

Looks like someone is just trying to run with as much money possible with little to no efforts copy pasting a bunch of his first drawings and books before people open their eyes.

You want the truth ? The comic book i have from you (variant cover) still from it's content, as it should be the same than the first issue minus the cover, is LAZY at best, it's lazy, it's full of filler pages, it's full of "i have done little drawing on almost 10 pages in the book and let very LARGE blank spaces to excuse the fact, i haven't drawn much here and there and the quality is not on par with other pages". And sometimes ONE fucking drawing takes one full or TWO full pages hahaha. WTF ?

Last edited:

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
How about the multiple campaigns multiple CGers are running?
That doesnt prove anything: In grownup land companies don't actually care about what their TOS say. They are only there to minimize their liability. To prove @FROG has a corrupt business deal you need proof that they are KNOWINGLY allowing him to violate their TOS [Which does create liability. Especially as JDA is talking about suing them and iirc his cause of action is adjacent to that]

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
@FROG Can you and your boys stop whining about @edwin_boyette and Mike Miller.....JDA as well. Like before you started doing constant "Dis track" videos on these guys you had youtube and twitter content I enjoyed. Now its just whining about dumb childish BS. The latest whining from Malin is cutting into the point I may not ride on his next book. He barely convinced me on GS 2. Mike ALSO lost me on his whining as well so dont feel like I am singling you out. Of the various factions whining at each other and having DUMB internet dramaz with each other JDA hasn't worn out his welcome (yet) because he has always been an internet troll. Rest of you guys were supposed to be about the art/making comics and shit.........I would much rather watch you mutilate a 100 shitty star wars toys then hear you whining about Mike, Doug, Edwin, JDA....etc

Stop whining, make good content......I am near the "I aint givin you guys my money" phase of your bitching and moaning

NSA

kiwifarms.net
Did you send @FROG a message on IGG? You should prob do that so he can track you down on his mail sheet
No, but now I know it's a thing. I'll wait a while before doing it though so EVS doesn't doxxxx me. Are the 1st 3 campaigns even fully mailed out yet? Seems weird I wouldn't get any of them if so.

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@FROG Can you and your boys stop whining about @edwin_boyette and Mike Miller.....JDA as well. Like before you started doing constant "Dis track" videos on these guys you had youtube and twitter content I enjoyed. Now its just whining about dumb childish BS. The latest whining from Malin is cutting into the point I may not ride on his next book. He barely convinced me on GS 2. Mike ALSO lost me on his whining as well so dont feel like I am singling you out. Of the various factions whining at each other and having DUMB internet dramaz with each other JDA hasn't worn out his welcome (yet) because he has always been an internet troll. Rest of you guys were supposed to be about the art/making comics and shit.........I would much rather watch you mutilate a 100 shitty star wars toys then hear you whining about Mike, Doug, Edwin, JDA....etc

Stop whining, make good content......I am near the "I aint givin you guys my money" phase of your bitching and moaning
At this point, we're just wasting our breath. I already mentioned to @FROG earlier in the thread that all this Mean Girls bitchery is just wasting valuable drawing time and hurting his brand.

But sure, if EVS wants to be the next Rob Liefeld (spending more time bitching like a soccer mom on PMS and not getting shit out on time) or Zoe Quinn (cashing in and not fulfilling his campaign obligations), then that's on him.

Seriously, Ethan - I think you're still one of the best comic book artists out there, but you're accomplishing nothing with all these streams spending hours bitching about Doug, Edwin, Mike S, or whothefuckever. It just makes you look like a petty drama queen, and unless your last name is Kardashian, Jenner, or Hilton, petty drama isn't going to make you money - selling comics is.

Let me leave you something to ponder: Remember how John Byrne, Frank Miller, and Alan Moore used to be regarded as legends...but now are seen as cranky old men whose best times are behind them because all they do is bitch like Grandpa Simpson? Think about that.

Detrogen

Real Humdinger
kiwifarms.net

The most embarrassing thing about this drama is that apart from EVS, none of these guys are consistently pulling more than 1k views per video. So, for any newcomers who may stumble upon EVS’ channel, it just looks like some manchild picking on other adults with smaller YT channels.
At this point, we're just wasting our breath. I already mentioned to @FROG earlier in the thread that all this Mean Girls bitchery is just wasting valuable drawing time and hurting his brand.

But sure, if EVS wants to be the next Rob Liefeld (spending more time bitching like a soccer mom on PMS and not getting shit out on time) or Zoe Quinn (cashing in and not fulfilling his campaign obligations), then that's on him.

Seriously, Ethan - I think you're still one of the best comic book artists out there, but you're accomplishing nothing with all these streams spending hours bitching about Doug, Edwin, Mike S, or whothefuckever. It just makes you look like a petty drama queen, and unless your last name is Kardashian, Jenner, or Hilton, petty drama isn't going to make you money - selling comics is.

Let me leave you something to ponder: Remember how John Byrne, Frank Miller, and Alan Moore used to be regarded as legends...but now are seen as cranky old men whose best times are behind them because all they do is bitch like Grandpa Simpson? Think about that.
To be fair to Rob Liefeld, between his not working on Brigade and his bitching on Twitter, he at least found the time to crank out six issues of Major X in the last year. He wrote all of them but I believe he still drew at least three (0, 1, and 5 if I remember right). Ethan hasn’t even finished fulfilling his one book.

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net
Especially as JDA is talking about suing them and iirc his cause of action is adjacent to that]
C'mon. That's a LOLsuit if I've ever seen one. And I was sympathetic when I saw Amazon dicked over the release of his latest novel in ebook form. Which they straightened out, but not before wiping out all the preorders.

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net

CG-Thanksgiving.png

Just about a year ago, right? A ComicGate Thanksgiving or something, IIRC.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino