Diseased #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
You know, if Zack loses his case against Waid I’m 100% certain it’s because Antarctic Press has proven time and again that they aren’t as good at publishing comics as their many years in the industry might suggest. Here’s their most recent update on Jungle Comics. Somehow AP is run by the only two Asian men who don’t understand basic numbers.
Almost everyone who knew anything about business left AP after the split between the Dunn Brothers and Elin Wrinkler happened.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Having an Anime also doesnt hurt

Also doesn't help (if you're Marvel)

marvel-rising-initiation.png

For comparison's sake, here's Squirrel Girl from the Spider-Man cartoon:
Doreen_Green_(Earth-12041)_from_Ultimate_Spider-Man_(Animated_Series)_Season_3_5_001.jpg

Wise Man

I know nothing.
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's skrulls. Maybe all Marvel is skrulls.

I hope they retcon it all away, but Marvel is dead to me just like new Star Wars is dead to me.

We've established a method for marketing and selling comic books...

I don't know, $35 for 50 pages of story is $35 not in my steam wallet. Which is 2-3 games during a sale. And for something I'm not getting for a year. Lucky if it's only a year.

edit: @Uranus Pink - there's also the $30 hardcover, 500 page mangas with partial coloring.

Last edited:

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
Or sticking with oranges and Mandarin oranges, depending on the publisher $35 can buy either two $15 195 page mangas or three $10 195 mangas plus sales tax new off the bookstore self. Comparison is even more lopsided with the used book market.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Or sticking with oranges and Mandarin oranges, depending on the publisher $35 can buy either two $15 195 page mangas or three $10 195 mangas plus sales tax new off the bookstore self. Comparison is even more lopsided with the used book market.
you could also buy 4-5 european soft cover comics with around 50 pages.
or 5 Donald comics same format as manga but 256 pages in colour.

only us comics are realy dieing.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
Antarctic Press has proven time and again that they aren’t as good at publishing comics as their many years in the industry might suggest.
They've admitted to losing $75k in the financial year prior to YBZ's book.
I don't see a leader that's gonna be in the front of the vanguard and restore Comics back to greatness, but one that's gonna fall with it.
Anybody who expected CG to fix the comics market is exceptional.

I wish one of you autists would make an EVS thread in proving grounds and a-log him there.

CheezzyMach

Yellow Chun Li
kiwifarms.net
Japanese marketing strategy for manga IP:
1. Figures exist to promote mangas.
2. Anime exists to promote manga.
a. Movie based on anime exists to promote manga
b. Live action adaptation exists to promote manga
3. Video games exist to promote manga.
This right here is the core difference between the American and Japanese Industries.

In Japan the comic is the backbone of the entire operation.

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just dropping in to remind you that however laughably fucking stupid comicsgate people may or may not be, actual fucking comics people remain a thousandfold cringier in every way imaginable

Im guessing in 7 months a bunch of comics with "oK bOoMEr" jokes will be shat out the industry sphincter

Twinkletard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't agree with that last line, but the rest of it makes sense. This is just my own personal opinion, but I think EVS loved the attention and the money more than the work. It's why he put so much time into YouTube rather than his book. Unfortunately for him, at a certain point you have to deliver and in that regard he humiliated himself. Even his friend, Anna That Star Wars Girl, absolutely roasted him on the lateness of the book and the lackluster story. Of course, Ethan heard what he wanted to hear and told himself she loved it.

I think EVS has come right out and admitted to prefer making youtube vids over doing comics in a few of his livestreams.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
comicsgate is gamergate plot to harass women in comics, like brian visaggio (troon), brian bendis (can't write for shit), that fat bitch that gave squirrel girl fetal alcohol syndrome, mark waid (no penis), etc

Reactions: Zigzag and Adamska

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
Zack has 6,000+ backers right now on God King. That’s without daily twitter spergouts and 17 hour livestreams. He just chugs along, makes his videos, and leaves a lot of updates on his books.

I think Iron Sights 2 will have a bit of a downturn in numbers just because of the material, but it still seems like Zack is the only person who is going to walk away from the CG shitshow with continued, sustainable success on his books.