Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was a busy week in Comicsgate. In a fall out from the Drawn and Quartered, Comicsgaters hosted a “Drawn and Backholed” on YellowFlash’s dying YouTube channel. The winner was “Boner King” the dildo wielder.

Further the discussion, Mike S Miller posted a poll to his Twitter asking former CG members if they still considered themselves to be part of Comicsgate. After receiving over 2000 votes, 44% indicated that they no longer considered themselves to be part of the hashtag movement.

Members of the Comicsgate community objected to the poll, and fashioned one of their own. Bleeding Fool ran such a pool and having received over 1050 votes, 32% of respondents indicated that they were not part of the movement. Comic gate member El Froggo decided that Mike’s poll was lame and ran his own, which received 455 votes with 48% indicated that CG was dead or dying.

AdamFriend continued to curry favor with CG as much as possible in anticipation of getting that sweet CG money for his upcoming comic project, Dick Smashers for which he appears to be the principle artist.

Over the weekend, Ethan Van Sciver was challenging all comers on Twitter. Many Ethan fans continued to label me a stalker and characterizing my activities as simply the bitter actions of someone who was scorned by Ethan echoing a sentiment that ThatUmbrellaGuy once voiced. As the Twitter storm raged, I voiced details that Ethan had actually specifically invited me onto his stream, including saying he wanted to have a special stream just to discuss “Guinevere and the Divinity Factory” after which he ghosted me.

After the Twitteratti digested these details, Ethan came forward to say that while he had done that, he had not meant me any harm. I was instead to understand that my comic project simply wasn’t that important to him, but that he would have gotten to it eventually. After which, Ethan seemed to adopt less antagonistic tone in his Tweets, encouraging more discourse and urging people to stick to the business of making comics.

Jon Del Arroz, an on-again-off-again, frenemy of comicsgate decided to take the opportunity to call a peace with Caesar by, according to Ethan, claiming that Ethan’s most vocal opponents were “gamma males.”

The tone of online discourse after that weekend changed quite a bit. First, the Comicsgate community began passing the hat to pay for the War Campaign member PanBoy’s legal bill, as the cyberstalking charges against him would be proceeding to trial. The dildo memes seemed friendlier, as recent War Campaign member Comics Invictus shared a Thanksgiving themed meme featuring former War Campaign member Praetorian inserting former Comicsgate members Edwin Boyette and Doug Tenapel into his rectum. To help complete the artistry of the piece, former CG artist Sachi was featured as watching with her head pasted onto a turkey- no doubt a reference to when Caesar had called her a “turkeyneck.”

Ethan Van Sciver seemed to be back to business himself, showcasing the cover for War Campaign comic book, “Vestige” which was due to be shipped to backers last month but has not. Ethan encouraged people to back the book as it was still InDemand. Over the course of the livestream, Ethan reiterated that SJWs were killing the comic book industry, citing the decision of Orbital Comics in London to no longer deal with Diamond as the latest example. He then went onto declare that Comicsgate would inherit it term industry from Marvel and DC at some point in the future. After the livesteam, Vestige picked up an additional $1200.

According to Praetorian, the former War Campaign member who featured in the Thanksgiving dildo meme, the money from Vestige is split up among the leaders of War Campaign. Meaning that some of that $1200 will, most likely, go towards paying the legal fees of Pan for Cyberstalking.

Speaking of legal fees, the legal team representing the defendants of Vic Mignogna’s defamation lawsuit, presented a motion to be awarded the legal fees as well as sanctions which amounted to more than a quarter of a million dollars. Unless Mr. Mignogna can prevail on his appeal, the entire war chest that comicsgaters ThatUmbrellaGuy and attorney Nick Ricketta raised, which was specifically cited in defendants’ motion, may become the legal property of the defendants.

With the new era of Comicsgate minding its own business beginning to take shape, prominent Comicsgaters TUG and JustSomeGuy began calling to #bringbackgatekeeping in order to rid Comicsgate of SJW influences. It was unclear exactly whom needed to be exiled from their community, but, nevertheless, these calls for the addition of gatekeeping to the community of Comicsgate represents a major step as many of these same figures previously denied that Comicsgate ever a community, had a leader, and, held gatekeeping to be antithetical to the comics revolution.

In a followup on last weeks story, Mitch Breitweiser’s campaign for Futurists, has been shown some love recently. It is now tracking to bring in just under $40,000. I received official word from Indiegogo which corrected a prior message I had received from them regarding running multiple campaigns. Apparently, anyone may run multiple campaigns on Indiegogo, but they will not receive that money unless they have fulfilled all other campaigns.

This raises the question of why Mr. Brietweiser would even be conducting a second campaign as Red Rooster remains very much unfulfilled. In fact, he has expressed the fulfillment of that campaign to be part and parcel of the activities of the Allegiance Arts operations which include the books he is currently raising money for. Unless, of course, their is a secret deal as I previously alleged between Indiegogo and Comicsgaters which allowed them to get their money without having met previous requirements. Such a deal would be difficult for an outsider to monitor as such a funds transfer is far more difficult to track in comparison to a second campaign, which is public information.

HOLY SHIT - there is more gay ops in CG than a CIA base in San Francisco.

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net
The tone of online discourse after that weekend changed quite a bit. First, the Comicsgate community began passing the hat to pay for the War Campaign member PanBoy’s legal bill, as the cyberstalking charges against him would be proceeding to trial. The dildo memes seemed friendlier, as recent War Campaign member Comics Invictus shared a Thanksgiving themed meme featuring former War Campaign member Praetorian inserting former Comicsgate members Edwin Boyette and Doug Tenapel into his rectum.
I had no idea things had gotten this batshit insane.

This whole thread is a level of autism I've not seen since #GamerGate fell apart.

To help complete the artistry of the piece, former CG artist Sachi was featured as watching with her head pasted onto a turkey- no doubt a reference to when Caesar had called her a “turkeyneck.”
Isn't Ya Boi Zack using Sachi for something on his next book? I swear I heard him mention her name in a recent video, though maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, dunno.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
Isn't Ya Boi Zack using Sachi for something on his next book? I swear I heard him mention her name in a recent video, though maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, dunno.
Sashi does pin ups for tons of ComicsGate projects, and Zack has used her work a few times.

I've never called her "turkeyneck", that was, evidently, a former War Campaign fellow called "Praetorian" who went on a crusade against her for his own weird reasons last year.

I promoted two comics yesterday: VESTIGE #1, and DEATHSWORN: Book One. Both were stalled out, and now both have raised over $3000 in the past 24 hours from that one livestream. It helps that I've got a cover on VESTIGE, and Zack personally endorsed DEATHSWORN.

I'll pick a couple of other campaigns today. There are a lot of good ones, lately.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Further the discussion, Mike S Miller posted a poll to his Twitter asking former CG members if they still considered themselves to be part of Comicsgate. After receiving over 2000 votes, 44% indicated that they no longer considered themselves to be part of the hashtag movement.
It indicates no such thing [Scroll up I posted on that]

Around [last time I checked] 25% of the people viewed comicsgate as a cult. That doesnt actually speak to their belief in the ideals [which was the category above]
because of how BADLY mike made the poll it literally says nothing at all. [While trying to say to many things.

Also about 25% of people feel that way about Star Wars [ folks who watch @FROG ] But they still watch religiously

so beyond the fact it is so vague as to say nothing it doesnt even try to get useful info

Members of the Comicsgate community objected to the poll, and fashioned one of their own. Bleeding Fool ran such a pool and having received over 1050 votes, 32% of respondents indicated that they were not part of the movement. Comic gate member El Froggo decided that Mike’s poll was lame and ran his own, which received 455 votes with 48% indicated that CG was dead or dying.
because Mike's poll was badly constructed and didnt reveal anything

Over the weekend, Ethan Van Sciver was challenging all comers on Twitter. Many Ethan fans continued to label me a stalker and characterizing my activities as simply the bitter actions of someone who was scorned by Ethan echoing a sentiment that ThatUmbrellaGuy once voiced. As the Twitter storm raged, I voiced details that Ethan had actually specifically invited me onto his stream, including saying he wanted to have a special stream just to discuss “Guinevere and the Divinity Factory” after which he ghosted me.
#1 Stop riding @FROG with your low energy. Its people like you being terrible that allow Ethan any frame of respect that he has here on the farms
#2 Yeah he invited you to a stream and then you acted like a weirdo and he pulled it out because you acted like a weirdo

Jon Del Arroz, an on-again-off-again, frenemy of comicsgate decided to take the opportunity to call a peace with Caesar by, according to Ethan, claiming that Ethan’s most vocal opponents were “gamma males.”
This is Gamma male behavior bro

According to Praetorian, the former War Campaign member who featured in the Thanksgiving dildo meme, the money from Vestige is split up among the leaders of War Campaign. Meaning that some of that $1200 will, most likely, go towards paying the legal fees of Pan for Cyberstalking.
Post receipts for these claims

You [and a lot of people who are dick riding @FROG ] make a lot of extraordinary claims that demand extraordinary evidence but you never present it
Speaking of legal fees, the legal team representing the defendants of Vic Mignogna’s defamation lawsuit, presented a motion to be awarded the legal fees as well as sanctions which amounted to more than a quarter of a million dollars. Unless Mr. Mignogna can prevail on his appeal, the entire war chest that comicsgaters ThatUmbrellaGuy and attorney Nick Ricketta raised, which was specifically cited in defendants’ motion, may become the legal property of the defendants.
So what?

In a followup on last weeks story, Mitch Breitweiser’s campaign for Futurists, has been shown some love recently. It is now tracking to bring in just under $40,000. I received official word from Indiegogo which corrected a prior message I had received from them regarding running multiple campaigns. Apparently, anyone may run multiple campaigns on Indiegogo, but they will not receive that money unless they have fulfilled all other campaigns.
You mean the project he tied into works of BETTER creators with a RELIABLE track record?
This raises the question of why Mr. Brietweiser would even be conducting a second campaign as Red Rooster remains very much unfulfilled. In fact, he has expressed the fulfillment of that campaign to be part and parcel of the activities of the Allegiance Arts operations which include the books he is currently raising money for. Unless, of course, their is a secret deal as I previously alleged between Indiegogo and Comicsgaters which allowed them to get their money without having met previous requirements. Such a deal would be difficult for an outsider to monitor as such a funds transfer is far more difficult to track in comparison to a second campaign, which is public information.
You mean the claim you made without any PROOF

Wise Man

I know nothing.
kiwifarms.net
You're conflating dick riding with riding on ass.

Words have meaning, people.

But polls do not, you're right that it was pointless.

FRAG

kiwifarms.net
Sashi does pin ups for tons of ComicsGate projects, and Zack has used her work a few times.

I've never called her "turkeyneck", that was, evidently, a former War Campaign fellow called "Praetorian" who went on a crusade against her for his own weird reasons last year.

I promoted two comics yesterday: VESTIGE #1, and DEATHSWORN: Book One. Both were stalled out, and now both have raised over $3000 in the past 24 hours from that one livestream. It helps that I've got a cover on VESTIGE, and Zack personally endorsed DEATHSWORN.

I'll pick a couple of other campaigns today. There are a lot of good ones, lately.
I would hope you never called her a turkey neck. Sashi is beautiful and you... You look like the off-spring of Jabba the Hutt and Salacious B. Crumb.

Also, nobody here is as stupid as the people in your regular audience. Your larping band of middle aged rainbow losers constantly go after and attack people pretty regularly. We have the receipts. Blaming it on one person is as weak as your excuses for why your campaigns aren't fulfilled yet.

Dave.

Once you get to know me, I can be a real prick.
kiwifarms.net
I think Ethan Van Sciver comes as a warning about what happens when you let celebrities co-opt protest organizations or movements and do your talking. When you pride them up as some messiah and hold them high, then their inevitable hard fall will impact everyone involved and cause massive splash damage everywhere else. This happened with Gamergate, and now Comicsgate.

venom3141

kiwifarms.net
I think Ethan Van Sciver comes as a warning about what happens when you let celebrities co-opt protest organizations or movements and do your talking. When you pride them up as some messiah and hold them high, then their inevitable hard fall will impact everyone involved and cause massive splash damage everywhere else. This happened with Gamergate, and now Comicsgate.
Didn't really pay that much attention to Gamergate. Why'd it end?

TheLaughingMan

kiwifarms.net

Oh Eehee, you are so full of shit.

EVScaughtinalie.jpg

HonsPonzud

A cuck forever for supporting Comicsgate R-e-tARDZ
kiwifarms.net
At some point, some people lie so much they aren't even able to keep track of their own lies straight.

That's also one of the predominant symptoms for the diagnosis for deep personality disorder such as being bipolar or a psychopath.

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net
At some point, some people lie so much they aren't even able to keep track of their own lies straight.

That's also one of the predominant symptoms for the diagnosis for deep personality disorder such as being bipolar or a psychopath.
Or maybe they just forget the occasional Twitter shit post? :roll:

Then again, anyone stupid enough to go on Twitter in a fashion that can in any way be traced back to you in real life by definition deserves any shit ultimately thrown their way.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
So there are rumors that DC's trying to have it's cake and eat it too with the 5G relaunch.

Basically while 5G will replace the heroes with younger and hipper versions ala Marvel Now DC will launch new oversized titles featuring the originals under it's Black Label.

Sounds good right, I mean everyone's happy this way? One problem the BL books will be 7.99.

I don't see this ending well...

Reactions: venom3141

Detrogen

Real Humdinger
kiwifarms.net
So there are rumors that DC's trying to have it's cake and eat it too with the 5G relaunch.

Basically while 5G will replace the heroes with younger and hipper versions ala Marvel Now DC will launch new oversized titles featuring the originals under it's Black Label.

Sounds good right, I mean everyone's happy this way? One problem the BL books will be 7.99.

For the most part, the oversized Black Label books have been worth the price due to being about twice as long as any given floppy and at least decently written. If DC wants that model to succeed though, every single book can’t just be Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn. The only oversized Black Label book that wasn’t based around those characters so far was Superman: Year One.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
I'm a celebrity to you? Holy fuck.

I do a YouTube show. ComicsGate as an event has impacted my life more than anyone's except Zack or Jon Malin. I do a YouTube show about it, and I've built the biggest audience and the biggest channel in the movement. Every stupid Leftist news article about ComicsGate from the past two years has chosen to lie about me along with Zack and Malin.

So I didn't co-opt anything. It's been very natural. This is a consumer lead movement, and consumers are choosing to listen to me over anyone else right now. I wish "OG CG" wasn't hypocritical about The Customer Always Being Right.

Sorry I'm popular, Dave!

And the movement is fine. I love the narrative that a handful of Evangelical creators "leaving" means "a hard fall" to you, but we'll still selling books and building alternatives to the Direct Market and the mainstream. We survived the entire mainstream comic industry trying to destroy us. We'll survive Doug TenNapel and Edwin Boyette.

Oh Eehee, you are so full of shit.

View attachment 1003046
Holy shit, the autism.

"Turkey Neck" was created by Praetorian a year ago to torture Sashi. He disliked her because he felt she was anti-semitic for hanging out with Nerkish in that Discord. I didn't even know about it until all of his DMs were released.

Looks like two months ago, at 2 AM, when Sashi was posting shit about me, I broke out Praetorian's nickname for her has a jab, and promptly forgot.

So LITERALLY you are correct. One time very recently I ironically called Sashi Turkey Neck because she was talking shit.

Congrats, exceptional individual.

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net

DC is shrinking fast. The 5G line is meant to make them look useful in the eyes of AT&T, as a research and development wing for the superhero line that they've acquired by merging with Time Warner.

"We might be unprofitable but we can create unique new stories for you to exploit with the streaming platform!"

The Black Label is more of their exploration of breaking free of the Direct Market. Bigger books featuring the characters you all know, higher price tag. Eventually straddling the magazine racks at WalMart and Target, as well as LCS.

A LOT LESS PRODUCT. So a lot of creators will soon be scrambling for work.

elkinbub

kiwifarms.net
It's so weird how so many comics pros can offer such solid understandings of the industry, its history, economics and future, while also being hung up on petty bullshit, which they make worse by lying about it.

We see this with people like Mark Waid, Tom Brevoort, and Kurt Busiek, who have encyclopedia knowledge of continuity and who have managed to create and oversee very good stories for decades, but who are also incredibly small-minded in their personal lives, acrimonious to nearly everyone, and ultimately destructive. They can go from informative to petty, or petty to informative, on a dime: a common trait of sociopaths. See also: Ethan Van Sciver, who is and always was cut from the same cloth as every single "bad actor" comics pro that comicsgate complained about.

As DC contracts, comicsgate would have been a great place for out-of-work talent to jump. A few tacit apologies and many of the non-SJW pros would have been welcomed with open arms. Unfortunately it has been cordoned off now as a fiefdom of Ethan Van Sciver's constant psychodrama. Comicsgate was gaining more support when all it took to join was admitting that SJWs were a negative influence. Now joining comicsgate means sucking off Ethan's ego on a daily basis.

One time very recently I ironically called Sashi Turkey Neck because she was talking shit.
"Ironically".
No hint of this. It wasn't ironic (if you even understand what the word means, which you don't).
Even if it was facetious (the actual word you were looking for), your statement was still a signal to your psycho brigade to keep tormenting her.*
Do you not think that a lot of what was on that stupid discord server was also "ironic"?
You don't seem very familiar with the internet.
You chastise Nerkish for being FORMERLY associated with a discord full of mostly facetious "spicy memes"...
...meanwhile you've gone on the Ralph Retort which has conducted straightforward and supportive interviews with Richard Spencer, Andrew Anglin, and many other literal Neo-Nazis/fascists.
How is the later not "worse optics" than the former? (I'm not even saying you were wrong for going on with Ralph, but the hypocrisy....)
Anyway.
When you and yours are doing it: "It's just ironic, bro. They're just bants, bro. That's not harassment, that's just good-natured ribbing."
When others are doing anything remotely similar: "This is ACTUAL harassment, guys! This isn't right!"
I'm so, so sorry, Ethan, that the mean Miss Sashi dared to say something you didn't like. That must have hurt you really, really bad.

*Why doesn't Richard Meyer ever say anything about this? Because he's a pussy. Or because he's so fucking oblivious that he doesn't realize Ethan is leading harassment campaigns against his talent.

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
For the most part, the oversized Black Label books have been worth the price due to being about twice as long as any given floppy and at least decently written. If DC wants that model to succeed though, every single book can’t just be Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn. The only oversized Black Label book that wasn’t based around those characters so far was Superman: Year One.
DC are conceding to the writing on the wall and pivoting early to become a boutique brand for discerning customers to accommodate what the market is evolving into.
I suspect their marketing strategy going forward will be quaterly graphic novels of carefully curaited IP's for the niche audience that comics seems destined to become. They will also pump out supermarket isle trash for kids who might level up and become fans of their Black Label botique brand, but mostly they'll pump that shit out there just to maintain brand awareness as a marketing strategy,
That's how DC currently sees the future of comics folks. Sadly, they're not wrong.

Reactions: Detrogen

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
DC are conceding to the writing on the wall and pivoting early to become a boutique brand for discerning customers to accommodate what the market is evolving into.
I suspect their marketing strategy going forward will be quaterly graphic novels of carefully curaited IP's for the niche audience that comics seems destined to become. They will also pump out supermarket isle trash for kids who might level up and become fans of their Black Label botique brand, but mostly they'll pump that shit out there just to maintain brand awareness as a marketing strategy,
That's how DC currently sees the future of comics folks. Sadly, they're not wrong.
People have been bitching about the comics market being over saturated for over a decade.

DC and Marvel trimming the fat would be far healthier for the industry imo.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino