Devil May Cry -

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
I got into DMC over the summer after the E3 of 5. Picked up the HD collection and played through 1-3 then through 4. Took me awhile to liking nero but he's a fun little fucker. I'd say 3 is my favorite of the original trilogy. I'm not gonna touch DmC because it screams edgy emo "i Hate you so much dad" . I can't wait to play Vee and fight big bro vergil.
Try Assault Spy. It looks like a lot of that games movelist is a tighter version of the reboot’s.

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
Sperged out and ordered the van edition of the game. Don't normally go for stuff that comes with toys and shit but it's DMC and I'm happy it's back proper.

But with DMC its never really been about the story,
3 was the only one with a really great story. Find it offensive Capcom thought Ninja Theory could do better.

There was an article last July where the Japanese producers took low key shots at them for various things, my favorite being they'd create demons looking all edgy in the blah western sense but no real function other than to "look cool".

Reactions: Antique Rice

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net
Minor complaint but it is a bit jarring how vergil and dante have a different face, despite being twins.
Another reason as to why hyper realistic faces dont translate well in a dmc game.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looking back, DMC2 probably would have been better received story-wise had they made it several games down the line instead of when they did.

In DMC2, Dante is noticeably older, has seen a lot of shit, and his earlier fun loving attitude would've been worn down pretty hard by all the shit he's been through.

The story had other flaws of course, like recycling Trish with a new character that basically was the same in concept, a flat, one dimensional overarching villain, and the story took itself too seriously for its own good as opposed to the first game, but I think what really took a crap on it was how Dante was portrayed.

With the benefit of 3 and 4 on top of 1, Dante's progression from wisecracker to a lot more emo makes some more sense, but at the time of DMC2's release his transformation from his DMC1 portrayal was pretty jarring.

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne actually got some decent use out of DMC2 Dante, and the setting and circumstances made Dante's far more serious nature from DMC2 work a lot better, and the implications of the backstory set up a better reason for Dante to be much more serious, while stock DMC2 did not provide a decent character development bridge to justify things.

purpleboy

Purple Spergosaur
kiwifarms.net
How long until the OAG army calls us cucks for liking this game for having an "ugly" Lady (who gets fucking naked) instead of the unbridled brilliance of some shitty GameMaker-tier H game that Billy D's shilling for this week. Also, I REALLY hope that the MTXs don't make this game grindy

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: rotollo

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
still not as bad as the one that bitches about toxic masculinity
glad its doing well in terms of reviews other then the 3 dumb ones but if you guys wanna see a truley braindead review I got the stuff of horrors here
Open world games are only fun if you're a teen with time on your hands. Also doesn't work for things like DMC where it needs to be constant action.

RDR2 is proof there can be too much.

RE2 is and I'm sure DMC5 will be perfect for me when I need to juggle a full time job and family where I only get a few moments of downtime.

• Winner

purpleboy

Purple Spergosaur
kiwifarms.net
Open world games are only fun if you're a teen with time on your hands. Also doesn't work for things like DMC where it needs to be constant action.

RE2 is and I'm sure DMC5 will be perfect for me when I need to juggle a full time job and family where I only get a few moments of downtime.
But I like RDR2 and Rockstar games(:_(:heart-empty:...but yeah, open world has zero place in a game like DMC. Open worlds usually only work in hack 'n slashes when it's combined with another genre like action RPG (i.e. Dragon's Dogma) or Zelda-like (i.e. Darksiders 2). Just let DMC be itself, the big reason DmC failed was because it was trying to have the combat of a Devil May Cry game while also having the story (and to an extent level design) of something made by Ubisoft (well that and Tameem sperging out at the DMC fanbase)

• Agree

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
Trying to understand the Nero comment because he seems like Nero still and not an asshole like Donte.

Funny enough, some ex-IGN/Current EA Battlefront II writer is sperging on Twitter atm about how fun and lighthearted reboots characters are.

Of course there's a Kotaku article on DMC5 where the loser can't even just admitting to liking the damn game without layers of irony to hide it.

But I like RDR2 and Rockstar games
Hey if you like them then I'm happy for you.

• Winner
Reactions: tarni and rotollo

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trying to understand the Nero comment because he seems like Nero still and not an asshole like Donte.

Funny enough, some ex-IGN/Current EA Battlefront II writer is sperging on Twitter atm about how fun and lighthearted reboots characters are.

Of course there's a Kotaku article on DMC5 where the loser can't even just admitting to liking the damn game without layers of irony to hide it.

Yeah, it was so lighthearted and happy when NotVergirl! shot a pregnant woman through the stomach with a sniper rifle. So wacky!

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How long until the OAG army calls us cucks for liking this game for having an "ugly" Lady (who gets fucking naked) instead of the unbridled brilliance of some shitty GameMaker-tier H game that Billy D's shilling for this week. Also, I REALLY hope that the MTXs don't make this game grindy
If they do, I will laugh in their face.

Having giving the official art a second lookover for DMC5, and while some of it still seems a tad off (though that's to be expected when you take animu style work and try to make it more realistic looking), it's overall not that bad.

If anything, Lady in particular is just following the same trend Capcom took with the RE characters in the latest games, replacing her borderline to outright anime look from the earlier games with a more realistic artstyle, and given she is supposed to be a lot older than her original appearance, she looks pretty age appropriate but still damn good looking for said age.

purpleboy

Purple Spergosaur
kiwifarms.net
Mainly just me saying that to take the piss, I love both DMC3 and RDR1...in very different ways. Also, can't fot the claims that Dante is a sexist for killing female bosses or something

Can I see the sauce, this sounds fuggin funny
Edit: found it https://twitter.com/MitchyD/status/1103679151670812672?s=20 http://archive.fo/e0cFw

Last edited:
  • Agree

rotollo

in the court of the Mumkey king
kiwifarms.net
No worries, dude.
Okay, I went and checked the tweets themselves and yikes, this guy’s either stupid or intentionally stirring up shit.
Just who the hell is he an-
View attachment 687852
Oooooooooh....
His portrait does not make him look good in the slightest, why the fuck do all these journo get into eventually writing shit at some AAA studio.
I never read that guys articles but billy D comes off like a scumbag from just the first page of his thread, if anyone was to describe incels, it would be that guy. Out of the Autism bullshit that was pro GG ecelebs, how that guy somehow outlived the ending of the movement despite his click bait bullshit is baffling to me.

for the dmc the open world meme is a bad idea, but I could see a metroidvania like approach working fairly decently. I know DMC 1 was kinda like that but with shit like trickster's mobility and how you could work devil arms into envormental shit I could see abit more space working for a new game. that being said cosidering this game has 3 characters with a focus on combat I think the more linear design works well. just saying that if they put the systems of DMC 3 ownard into a new game with DMC 1's level design philosophy, I think it would fit like a glove.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino