Dragon Ball Thread - Includes Z and Super (and GT if you really want to talk about that); also includes Abridged

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
I honestly thought Super was much better despite its rough start. And yeah, the Baby Saga was probably the best thing that came out of GT, despite my issues with it.
There are more things I cared about in Super than there were in GT, though there are a couple of stand out things about GT that Super doesn't have, mainly art direction.

You're never going to hear me say the characters in GT are worth shit, but characters like Legic and the Shadow Dragons had good looks going for them. None of GT ever had a character like Hit or Goku Black though.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
Team Four Star made another original thing.
RWBY, but it's 90s CGI and abridged series "humour".
Writing is alright, if you ask me, but I hate the animation. Way too stiff, it's like watching a robot learn basic human movement and any long hair a character has barely moves.

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
Writing is alright, if you ask me, but I hate the animation. Way too stiff, it's like watching a robot learn basic human movement and any long hair a character has barely moves.
These people need to learn about blocking.

Seriously, it's animation. Animate your characters doing something. You can have them interact with background elements, maybe preparing a cup of coffee, wandering around in a space, etc. Not every scene needs to be two stills of characters talking and barely moving (especially from the torso up, wow, it's that problem again. Weird), but then it wouldn't be as easy to animate now would it? For real, these kinds of things stick out like a sore thumb and defeat the purpose of animating a show in the first place. Watch Avatar: The Last Airbender and very rarely do the characters *just* sit around and talk. Something is always happening to warrant the characters moving or the backgrounds doing something. Hell, we're stuck on anime with TFS right? Check out this episode of Panty and Stocking.(lol yes I'm aware of my bias.)

It's literally an episode where characters stay in one location for an entire half-episode and yet the characters are always doing something; like actual people would. And none of the animation here is particularly impressive either, but the fact that the characters in the episode are rarely sitting still does wonders for making the short entertaining and giving it a ton of charm. That's animation. It can do shit like this even when you're doing nothing. But TFS' original animations (and even edits to DBZ:A) are so fucking stiff and boring by comparison, even though they're undoubtedly sinking a ton of money into it.

Reactions: deeman

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
TeamFourStar, you're not RoosterTeeth. Stop trying to be RoosterTeeth. It's embarrassing.
Imagine trying to be Rooster Teeth of all things. That's like having a daughter, but instead of her apsiring & training to be like Ripley or Sarah Connor, you ruin her to be Rey or Korra.

Seriously, there's better companies to inspire from. But, considering most of TFS guys are like Most of RT guys, it makes sense for TFS trying to be RT.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Imagine trying to be Rooster Teeth of all things. That's like having a daughter, but instead of her apsiring & training to be like Ripley or Sarah Connor, you ruin her to be Rey or Korra.

Seriously, there's better companies to inspire from. But, considering most of TFS guys are like Most of RT guys, it makes sense for TFS trying to be RT.
The Lefty Cartoon-o-Sphere is a morass of producers who all espouse the same politics, wank over the same Progressive media (Steven Universe and Hamilton), and want the same limited pool of careers in the animation/anime industry. They know there's a chance that some media industry bigshot will see their work and make them into the next Rebecca Sugar or Noelle Stevenson, so they'll keep trying to make it big, even though, for most of them, catering to a small, devoted, niche audience on Youtube is the highest level they'll ever achieve. They'd do better to individually find a path into their chosen industry via networking and building a portfolio -starting at the bottom and working their way up, but there's no glory or attention to be had via that path. I've often observed that the YT producers most likely to find their way to a professional gig are those that just stop producing content, disappear, then a few years later you hear about how they got hired to art-direct a Cartoon Network show or something. These are the people more interested in working than in self-promotion, and they tend to keep quiet about their politics.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
It isn't too big of a thing for anyone who isn't in Weeb Wars, but Ron Toye aka "The Cucky Remote Ronin" is having an AMA where he admits that he finds all other DB series boring compared to DBS. Anyone here in Weeb Wars may already know Ron Toye & are probably not surprised by his shit taste.

He also admits to liking DBS Broly. Again, Weeb Wars' entirety makes this ironic.