Dragon Ball Thread - Includes Z and Super (and GT if you really want to talk about that); also includes Abridged

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
i have mixed feelings about the idea of bringing Cell back.

My hot take is that Cell is unquestionably the worst villain in the franchise. Even idiot characters that make no sense like Baby and Jiren bring more to that table than him as once he goes perfect, the only thing people like about him are the memes. In the original story, Cell is boring as fuck and has nothing special about him other than an "ok" design.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

"Everyone Hates Mondays" -Ermes Costello
kiwifarms.net
My hot take is that Cell is unquestionably the worst villain in the franchise. Even idiot characters that make no sense like Baby and Jiren bring more to that table than him as once he goes perfect, the only thing people like about him are the memes. In the original story, Cell is boring as fuck and has nothing special about him other than an "ok" design.
I believe they also like him because of the English VA and "Cell's Theme" being remixed and posted on YouTube infinite times/His gruesome absorption methods as he evolved.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From a narrative perspective, Buu is the worst. He doesn't even have dialog most of the time. His schtick is he's a loose cannon that can't be reasoned with, but as a character he has less to offer than Cell.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

"Everyone Hates Mondays" -Ermes Costello
kiwifarms.net
Super Buu as in Tall Buu
the one who proceeds to start curbstomping everyone before he becomes kid buu
Sadly, I only skimmed the first chapter/volume and went to "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" where I considered it my final stop in Dragon Ball.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even idiot characters that make no sense like Baby
Just wanted to point out that Baby isn't a shit character conceptually; super weapon developed by the first race to get curbstomped by the Saiyans.

His actual character is absolutely insufferable though.

qu_rahn

kiwifarms.net
At least Faulconer's score has a distinctive sound. I like a lot of the music he produced but the track sequencing in some episodes could be jarring.

The Ocean dub had some good tunes here and there. The Goku's Arrival theme fuckin slaps