Dragon Ball Thread - Includes Z and Super (and GT if you really want to talk about that); also includes Abridged

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Duncan Hills Coffee

Brutal
kiwifarms.net
Right. The live action Dragon Ball films have always been terrible because the franchise is meant to be animated with over the top cartoonish effects. Which doesn't always translate well into live action. Can you imagine a live action Dragon Ball movie in the style of the Marvel movies? No thanks!
The characters' hair alone is impossible to recreate in live-action with any sort of dignity.

Dude Ukraine

Vaccinated Dogwalker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The official movie trailer has dropped. CG looks pretty amazing not gonna lie. The villain also looks good in CG, although I didn’t like the original character design sheets. I had a lot of concerns with this movie ever since I heard it would be CG, but the more and more we see the more excited I’m getting. It’s gonna look very similar to the animation in DBZ Fighterz (which was beautiful.)
I'm not sold on it being 3D yet, been a long time fan of the series, I hope it is good. I also imagine this will be one of the last performances of Goku's Japanese VA. She is in her 80's! I grew to like her after watching Super. I doubt we will ever get a proper season 2, that brief pause is nearing four years!

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sold on it being 3D yet, been a long time fan of the series, I hope it is good. I also imagine this will be one of the last performances of Goku's Japanese VA. She is in her 80's! I grew to like her after watching Super. I doubt we will ever get a proper season 2, that brief pause is nearing four years!
To my knowledge, Japanese VAs work until they're dead. In fact, that's true for a lot of people in Japan irrespective of career choice.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Nozawa said she'll play Goku till the day she dies. She loves this role too much.

Jimmy Hopkins

Kang of Bullworth
kiwifarms.net
Damn I’ve really missed weekly episodes of DBS, I never noticed it’s been FOUR YEARS, that’s crazy. I would guess that Nozawa is gonna continue doing voice acting for Dragon Ball as long as she physically can (much like Bulmas VA, who did voice acting up until the day she died.) but wouldn’t be surprised if the amount of content released continues to slow until her death.:( Even after she does croak, I expect the series will still continue, as is tradition with most super popular anime.

I’m not sure if it’s what you were hinting at, but it very well may be possible that content is slowing down due to her aging. I remember hearing something about how doing the voice acting for the Broly movie was more difficult on her.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
Masako Nozawa still works on other projects. She's going to be in the latest GeGeGe no Kitaro movie. Isn't she still in that Dragon Ball Heroes show? (I kind of gave up on that one.)

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Masako Nozawa still works on other projects. She's going to be in the latest GeGeGe no Kitaro movie. Isn't she still in that Dragon Ball Heroes show? (I kind of gave up on that one.)
She is, she plays all of Son Family, Bardock, Blackkarrot & Turles (The better Blackkarrot). Basically, anything related to & resembling Goku is hers to voice & she ain't letting anyone take it from her.

She also recently voiced the Astro Boy rip-off in Star Wars Visions.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To my knowledge, Japanese VAs work until they're dead. In fact, that's true for a lot of people in Japan irrespective of career choice.
That's only because it's considered a big loss of face if it becomes public knowledge that you're dead. Otherwise they'd just keep working.

albert the programmer

Java programming under Chris Cornell’s name
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
7EFA5A4B-5BBC-45AA-81DD-4DB3B53A8B88.jpeg

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sold on it being 3D yet, been a long time fan of the series, I hope it is good.
The battles will probably be animated well, but 3D animation still looks "robot-y" to me, as if everyone's moving according to Euler curves instead of muscles. Some animators compensate for this by combining 2D and 3D animation to create more realistic movement, but a lot of Japanese studios won't bother.