Fallout 76 General Thread - Bethesda does it again!

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Josh is there but he's allegedly only there for Outer Worlds in an advisory capacity.

I think they can do it, primarily because even if it's not perfect - Obsidian has shown as a company they at least consistently give a shit about the games they put out; even if it's in a series they don't like (Star Wars) or if it's for a niche audience (Pillars of Eternity). Them giving a shit will put them a full head and shoulders over Bethesda who has been treating Fallout as nothing but a blatant cash grab (between FO76, Fallout Shelter's Paid Lootboxes, and Fallout 4's mediocre base game and $50 mediocre season pass). Even with Josh in an "advisory" capacity I expect the experience to be tight and fun, similar to NV.
Even if the writing ends up being soy-drenched and the world design shamelessly apes Borderlands, they'd have to deliberately sabotage themselves to do worse than Bethesda. As long as it's a Fallout/TES-style non-linear world it wins by default, though to me it's unclear so far whether that'll be the case. This E3 will be the moment of truth since we'll see gameplay.

Wärring Ornac

When you reverse "LOVE" It turns to "EVOL"
kiwifarms.net
Only can Bethesda release a patch to readd bugs for the True Todd Howard Experience (TM)

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-01-30-new-fallout-76-patch-reintroduces-old-problems-players-report
https://old.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/al6sfo/the_last_f76_patch_is_a_disaster_bethesda_now/
http://archive.vn/4fM7N
I originally found this info in the f76 reddit, where even their CM responded and mentioned that she will talk to the devs about all of these issues.

You can find this thread here: https://old.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/al3blc/bobby_pins_are_back_to_1lb_fusion_cores_spawn_at/

Notice how the content of the post got removed and the thread can't be found anymore. One can only wonder who's responsible for that. x-files theme intensifies

I forwarded this information to the Bethesda forum, and this thread got closed by a moderator, stating that it had derailed into "bashing and baiting". The tone of the thread was very civil though, as you can check for yourself right here: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/318115/congrats-on-another-terrible-patch-bobby-pins-duping-is-back-fusion-core-rates-nerfs-nerfs-nerfs?language%5B%5D=en&language%5B%5D=de&lang=en-US&page=1

I opened another thread and made sure the conversation will be even more respectful, and this time it got completely deleted/moved and my account was banned.

Reason for the ban: No reason given.
Damage control by Bethesda as always

• Informative
Reactions: GloJojo

ExceptionallyExceptional

Autism Incarnate
kiwifarms.net
I just ran into some sped who, I shit you not, tried to say that New Vegas was buggier than Fallout 76 and that FO76 only had a "Bad Launch".
Remember all those times in New Vegas when an enemy rushed you in a T-pose? Or how about when you were fighting an enemy only to have it suddenly become invincible because your gun does no damage for no reason? Or how about having all of Caesar's Legionaries in an area just simultaneously drop dead? Or having that Deathclaw you just hit with a Fatman just regain all it's lost health?
Yeah, me neither.
He also tried to say he thought that the Scorched is a better plotline that the war between the NCR and Caesar's Legion.

How can anyone delude themselves into believing this shit?!

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, some Gamestops in Germany have begun handing out copies of F76 for free on purchase of a used PS4 controller. Make of that what you will.
I spit on it.

These are all the kids who first played Fallout 4 and said it was one of the best games of that year, when in reality anyone who put serious hours into it did so with mods and the usual shit real fans do to improve an experience, but would've dropped it had the consoles not gained modding support.

Last edited:

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just ran into some sped who, I shit you not, tried to say that New Vegas was buggier than Fallout 76 and that FO76 only had a "Bad Launch".
Remember all those times in New Vegas when an enemy rushed you in a T-pose? Or how about when you were fighting an enemy only to have it suddenly become invincible because your gun does no damage for no reason? Or how about having all of Caesar's Legionaries in an area just simultaneously drop dead? Or having that Deathclaw you just hit with a Fatman just regain all it's lost health?
Yeah, me neither.
He also tried to say he thought that the Scorched is a better plotline that the war between the NCR and Caesar's Legion.

....ahahahahahhahhahaha

There are a huge amount of dumb Bethesda faggots who will buy a programmer's art version of any Bethesda game ever. "Just like Todd Howard said, I used my imagination and its all better!" Just like there are a bunch of dumb Bioware faggots who will buy Anthem even though Warframe is free.

You met a re.tard. A literal, dyed in the wool re.tard. The scorched are just rip-offs of a fungal enemy that has become super common in recent years. Also the entire world has 0 NPCs. So who are you saving it for? Everyone is dead. Everything can be duped. Nobody wants to play with each other. The game looks worse than Fallout 4. A $20 microtransaction store. I mean, Jesus.

New Vegas was only buggy because Bethesda were cheap niggers and forced it out before they could be fixed, hoping it would lower the metascore for their bonus. It did. By 1 point.

There's a reason New Vegas is still being modded to this day.

ExceptionallyExceptional

Autism Incarnate
kiwifarms.net
....ahahahahahhahhahaha

There are a huge amount of dumb Bethesda faggots who will buy a programmer's art version of any Bethesda game ever. "Just like Todd Howard said, I used my imagination and its all better!" Just like there are a bunch of dumb Bioware faggots who will buy Anthem even though Warframe is free.

You met a re.tard. A literal, dyed in the wool re.tard. The scorched are just rip-offs of a fungal enemy that has become super common in recent years. Also the entire world has 0 NPCs. So who are you saving it for? Everyone is dead. Everything can be duped. Nobody wants to play with each other. The game looks worse than Fallout 4. A $20 microtransaction store. I mean, Jesus.

New Vegas was only buggy because Bethesda were cheap niggers and forced it out before they could be fixed, hoping it would lower the metascore for their bonus. It did. By 1 point.

There's a reason New Vegas is still being modded to this day.
I mean, I guess The Scorched shit could make an okay but forgettable side quest in a main Fallout title, something like that quest with the Fire Ants wiping out Greyditch in Fallout 3. But as the main questline to a whole game? Fucking absurd.

ExceptionallyExceptional

Autism Incarnate
kiwifarms.net

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't understand why they haven't pulled the plug on this yet. Given that they're giving away free copies with PS4 controllers they can't possibly be making enough money off this game to offset the ongoing PR nightmare.

On the other hand Obsidian must be drooling right now. Bethesda's fuckups over the past few months have pretty much guaranteed that every Fallout fan out there is going to buy The Outer Worlds once it launches and if Obsidian adds modding support it's pretty much over for the Fallout franchise.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino