Fallout 76 General Thread - Bethesda does it again!

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh god, I forgot about the Witcher series! I must self flagellate immediately for this grievous sin.
I would also include Nintendo if Breath of the Wild is any indication. It's one game and not a series but based on the fact that the Switch sold as well as it did almost purely on BotW's back for a year it would be really odd if they didn't follow it up with more of the same.

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would also include Nintendo if Breath of the Wild is any indication. It's one game and not a series but based on the fact that the Switch sold as well as it did almost purely on BotW's back for a year it would be really odd if they didn't follow it up with more of the same.
I believe Fujibayashi has pretty much said that he intends more of the same in future Zelda games, as well as their attitude to DLC is going to continue. Miyamoto has pretty much given his blessing to entrust Zelda to him as well.

The 8 of Spades

This Is Our Church, These Are Your Sins.
kiwifarms.net
I believe Fujibayashi has pretty much said that he intends more of the same in future Zelda games, as well as their attitude to DLC is going to continue. Miyamoto has pretty much given his blessing to entrust Zelda to him as well.
Wtf, this isn't a notification about Bethesda fucking up. Have they made it almost a week now without anything exceptional going on? Seriously though, every time I see a notification for this thread my first thought is always "Oh Lord, what have they done now?'

Phantom

kiwifarms.net
I'm actually making my own shitty raider armor for the fuck of it. Been gathering the shit for years because it's rather low priority for me. So far I've got a set of beat up old Douglas football pads, a gas mask, a spiked leather glove, a tire I'm slowly but surely hacking apart for pauldrons and kneepads.
I plan to eventually go out to Wasteland Weekend and I'm not going as some normie fuck.
It's easier to find outfits in post apoc than it is in real life *sigh*

BALLZ-BROKEN

double dippin' DHS
kiwifarms.net
Bethesda games suck even with 600gb worth of mods.

This thread is almost nonsensical with everybody saying modders "fix" bethesda games. Lol, those games are unfixable.
Hey now, with the right mods, you can turn Fallout 4 into a very enjoyable post-apocalypse themed interior decorator simulator. (and I know I'm quoting a 3 week old post, it took me that long to think of an example)

And if you buy a used controller you can get another copy, then you can have one account duping items, and then you can have a clean account to sell them. The ROI for item duping is better than cryptocurrency!

What Bugthesda should do is just give everyone who bought F76 a voucher for Starfield or something, and release all the assets and source code to modders open source, and call it the "Fallout 76: Literally make your own fun edition!"

shartshooter

kiwifarms.net
What Bugthesda should do is just give everyone who bought F76 a voucher for Starfield or something, and release all the assets and source code to modders open source, and call it the "Fallout 76: Literally make your own fun edition!"
Left entirely to the internet, I'd expect it would somehow manage to follow the original canon more closely but simultaneously mutate into Second Life.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net

BALLZ-BROKEN

double dippin' DHS
kiwifarms.net
YouTuber Joseph Anderson has made a video documenting all the bugs he experienced with F76 in the 100 hours that he played.

The video is 3 hours long.

If you don't feel like watching all of it you should at least watch 2:10 to 2:29, the section he calls "Bethesda's Bug", which is a term he coined in his earlier Fallout 4 review. Like how Schrodinger's Cat is a thought experiment about how the cat can both be alive and dead, Bethesda's bug is when you don't know if a mechanic or feature in the game is bugging out, or they just didn't implement it to begin with.

ExceptionallyExceptional

Autism Incarnate
kiwifarms.net
YouTuber Joseph Anderson has made a video documenting all the bugs he experienced with F76 in the 100 hours that he played.

The video is 3 hours long.

If you don't feel like watching all of it you should at least watch 2:10 to 2:29, the section he calls "Bethesda's Bug", which is a term he coined in his earlier Fallout 4 review. Like how Schrodinger's Cat is a thought experiment about how the cat can both be alive and dead, Bethesda's bug is when you don't know if a mechanic or feature in the game is bugging out, or they just didn't implement it to begin with.
Watching it and, hoollee shiiiit... shutting off the game and launcher and the in-game voice chat doesn't shut off. That seems like a pretty massively major fuckup to me, a potential security and privacy issue. Like, what the fuck did they do, not actually embed the voice chat system into the game itself and instead force it to utilize external applications or something?

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
And if you buy a used controller you can get another copy, then you can have one account duping items, and then you can have a clean account to sell them. The ROI for item duping is better than cryptocurrency!
Once upon a time, Commodore would give you $99 off a then fairly expensive ($400 or so) Commodore 64 if you traded in any home computer.

It just so happens that Timex was selling off stocks of the Sinclair Spectrum since it'd bombed here, for $49.99. You could buy a Timex Spectrum for $50, then go buy a C64 for $100 cheaper than list, and pocket the extra $50 (or put it towards the C64). While that lasted, Commodore was effectively paying you $50 to buy a C64.

Unlike FO76, though, the C64 was fucking awesome and stayed that way for many many years, whereas FO76's legacy will be one of ridicule.

A Cold Potato

yeah... oh, no shame, no shame in these farts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Once upon a time, Commodore would give you $99 off a then fairly expensive ($400 or so) Commodore 64 if you traded in any home computer.

It just so happens that Timex was selling off stocks of the Sinclair Spectrum since it'd bombed here, for $49.99. You could buy a Timex Spectrum for $50, then go buy a C64 for $100 cheaper than list, and pocket the extra $50 (or put it towards the C64). While that lasted, Commodore was effectively paying you $50 to buy a C64.

Unlike FO76, though, the C64 was fucking awesome and stayed that way for many many years, whereas FO76's legacy will be one of ridicule.
Actually, you could argue that the C64 is still awesome, considering that, unlike Fallout 76, people still play the games made for the computer.

Imagine that, you get more value out of decades old computer games than this putrid still birth of a game.

GethN7

EVIL HITLER BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually, you could argue that the C64 is still awesome, considering that, unlike Fallout 76, people still play the games made for the computer.

Imagine that, you get more value out of decades old computer games than this putrid still birth of a game.
If you know where to look, people have been telling Bethseda's "don't pull assets from one of our games and port them to another" policy to piss off and have been backporting F76 assets into Fallout 4 because they don't want to play a shitty, broken mess of a game, they'd rather strip it of any assets that would work in a more functional one instead.

Fallout 4 isn't all that much better in some ways, but the fact said backporting is laughably easy to do just tells me F76 is one of the most phoned in things to ever exist.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino