Fallout 76 General Thread - Bethesda does it again!

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually used to think Superman 64 was the worst video game but considering there’s still drama even today, I think this just takes the cake.

Even when it’s close to the end of January 2019 the ride still never ends.
Any of the traditional bad games just usually sit there passively sucking, this one's going out of its way to finding new ways to aggravate its players on an almost-daily basis.

Customers vs Company is going to be the next big gameplay style, I'm fucking telling you man.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
I can't understand why they haven't pulled the plug on this yet. Given that they're giving away free copies with PS4 controllers they can't possibly be making enough money off this game to offset the ongoing PR nightmare.

On the other hand Obsidian must be drooling right now. Bethesda's fuckups over the past few months have pretty much guaranteed that every Fallout fan out there is going to buy The Outer Worlds once it launches and if Obsidian adds modding support it's pretty much over for the Fallout franchise.
Bethesda crashes hard and Obsidian buys them out? nahhh.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Bethesda crashes hard and Obsidian buys them out? nahhh.
Obsidian couldn't buy them but Microsoft is looking to expand their studios (and by extension their first party exclusive lineup) so if Starfield and/or TES6 tank I imagine you'll hear a lot of "Bethesda is being shopped around" talk.

Even if Bethesda is blown out garbage by that point, Elder Scrolls and Fallout are decently valuable IPs.

Heather Mason

Privileged Westerner
kiwifarms.net
I think beth must just be trying to put themselves out of their own misery at this point. It's hard to imagine any other explanation...
I can think of a few:
  • The people in charge are ignorant about what makes a game good
  • The people in chage think video games are for exceptionals and see their customers as loyal, living ATMs
  • The people in charge are stupid as hell
  • Todd Howard is enslaved by Bethesda and won't be freed until the company fails

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bethesda is considered the best at making intricate open worlds. That's how low the fucking bar has been set. And yet none of the big AAA companies seem capable of competing. Except one.
Rockstar. From everything I've heard RDR2 does just about everything a Bethesda title does, but better.
Except One. Rockstar.

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh god, I forgot about the Witcher series! I must self flagellate immediately for this grievous sin.
Yes, yes you should.

Honestly, considering how well their open world did.... and their plans for Cyberpunk 2077...

Rockstar does get the mention though, as their cities with immersive conversation snippets and the way RDR2 has worked relatively well.

They're still getting greedy though, they supposedly cancelled all single player DLC to focus on delivering mutiplayer content instead.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
I just ran into some sped who, I shit you not, tried to say that New Vegas was buggier than Fallout 76 and that FO76 only had a "Bad Launch".
Remember all those times in New Vegas when an enemy rushed you in a T-pose? Or how about when you were fighting an enemy only to have it suddenly become invincible because your gun does no damage for no reason? Or how about having all of Caesar's Legionaries in an area just simultaneously drop dead? Or having that Deathclaw you just hit with a Fatman just regain all it's lost health?
Yeah, me neither.
He also tried to say he thought that the Scorched is a better plotline that the war between the NCR and Caesar's Legion.

How can anyone delude themselves into believing this shit?!
Children get pretty butthurt after throwing down 80-300 dollars.

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

BALLZ-BROKEN

double dippin' DHS
kiwifarms.net
Toppest of Keks:

https://www.allgamesdelta.net/2019/02/german-stores-are-giving-fallout-76.html

So to add to the shit already going on with Kraut Gamestop giving away the game for free if you buy an official, used controller, another store is giving away extra copies of the game if you buy the XboxOneX bundle. So it's buy one, get one free.
Well that doesn't make any sense. If they're trying to move those bundles, why don't they bundle a good game with it? Like if a used car lot was trying to move a car with a broken mirror, they don't sweeten the deal by breaking off the other mirror!

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well that doesn't make any sense. If they're trying to move those bundles, why don't they bundle a good game with it? Like if a used car lot was trying to move a car with a broken mirror, they don't sweeten the deal by breaking off the other mirror!
Because they got themselves hyped by Zeni/Beth's marketing department bullshitting them that this game was going to be any good and thus overstocked the shit out of it to meet demand.

Then nobody bought it so they're desperately trying to get rid.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino