Fallout 76 General Thread - Bethesda does it again!

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

JosephTX

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42(b) Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Actually, it’s being sold for free so long as you buy PS4 Thumbsticks.
Think about it. Something that you’d tack on as a free accessory to a triple A game purchase now has the roles in reverse. Wow.
Well at Walmart Fallout 76 acted as a $100 coupon on Xboxes

• Agree
Reactions: Orkeosaurus

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My friend got this travesty on PS4 for Christmas and he says he can only find an average of six people in the lobby at peak hours and literally no one off peak hours. I guess it's technically possible that there are more people playing solo or on PC :optimistic: but between that and the price drops I can't see how this thing is making money.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My friend got this travesty on PS4 for Christmas and he says he can only find an average of six people in the lobby at peak hours and literally no one off peak hours. I guess it's technically possible that there are more people playing solo or on PC :optimistic:
Not surprising. Remember that Sony unintentionally revealed the PS4 version's player count a month after release and it was alarmingly low given the PS4's dominance. I imagine the PC population is even smaller since it's usually the first to dive if a multi-platform game is shit.

but between that and the price drops I can't see how this thing is making money.
The game almost certainly cost pennies to make and broke even on launch sales. The steep discounts and dogshit MTX suggests they're just trying to cover the server costs and anything left over is coke money for Todd and Pete.

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not surprising. Remember that Sony unintentionally revealed the PS4 version's player count a month after release and it was alarmingly low given the PS4's dominance. I imagine the PC population is even smaller since it's usually the first to dive if a multi-platform game is shit.

The game almost certainly cost pennies to make and broke even on launch sales. The steep discounts and dogshit MTX suggests they're just trying to cover the server costs and anything left over is coke money for Todd and Pete.
It's the laziest asset flip I've ever seen so I'm sure it made it's production costs back but Bethesda clearly intended for it to be a long term revenue generator with a cash shop like Destiny or TF2. That shit isn't going to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Pocket Dragoon

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's the laziest asset flip I've ever seen so I'm sure it made it's production costs back but Bethesda clearly intended for it to be a long term revenue generator with a cash shop like Destiny or TF2. That shit isn't going to happen.
That was their ideal, but I think anyone connected to its development knew it was never going to be anything more than last minute polish on Zenimax's year-end investor report. The proof is that they've barely updated the game 3 months after launch: This means they didn't make long-term plans during production and invested minimal personnel to keep overhead low.

ExceptionallyExceptional

Autism Incarnate
kiwifarms.net
"They're just cosmetic!"
Yeah, no, offering an in game bonus provided by purchased items is a little more than just cosmetic. Granted it was apparently just for an event, but it's pretty obvious they did that shit to drive sales of Atom Shop items.
It was likely also to test the waters to see how the community reacts to microtransactions that add an in-game boost. If people don't make a stink they're gonna start doing it again and again.

And sadly, I don't think they're ever going to be called out on it in any meaningful way by their player base. I've been searching through the Reddit for FO76 and so far I can't seem to find any sort of backlash at all.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
Well yeah, the ten people left playing Fallout 76 are too deep in the kool-ade to back out now regardless of what Bethesda does with it.
If people are unironically enjoying this game they need to consider the self respect aspects of a purchase.
That makes me wonder who is more delusional, Artifact players or Fallout 76 players. Artifact, while the game functions well, doesn't feel fun to play except for a very small target audience, and the monetization turns off a lot of people from playing. Fallout 76 is just a broken-ass game in so many ways. ATLAS could also be lumped in too, given how broken the game was on release, even with it being an Early Access title.

Heather Mason

Privileged Westerner
kiwifarms.net
Although Anthem may be the new hotness for gamers to ridicule I can't just let Bethesda slip under the radar until their little dumpster fire fizzles out for good. So here's some "news" I've been able to collect about this corpse

They're apparently about to drop their 7th update. What do they have in store? Slight tweaks to energy and heavy weapons, adjusting the C.A.M.P. system, and adding distilling and brewing. Amazing update! Thank you Bethesda

Coming March 19 is their first seasonal event, the Fasnacht Parade! You do more fetch quests and you get some holiday masks you won't wear in place of your power armor. Fun right?

Also previously unreported on is their roadmap for 2019. As you can see below we have many exciting things to look forward to such as, NEW FEATURES and NEW QUEST(S).

Now what have the sycophants at Reddit been up to lately?
Can't wait for these updates

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everyone goes "ah" and moves on with their personal lives.

Personally can't wait for more "updates" about that months-long Canvas Bag shipments.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino