Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
40-70 Caliber Revolvers
1622779338950.png

BIG IRON ON HIS HIP!

Club Sandwich

kiwifarms.net
are those Otis Firearm Cleaning wipes enough to clean the internals
yes, although once out of the package do not reuse them. you should be able to clean the typical rifle with just one wipe, and the goal is to use a brush to scrub and loosen debris then wipe clean with paper towels or something and the final wipe down with the cleaning pad.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a buddy with a Tavor, its kinda pretty in a space gun way, and the ergos on it are solid. I just don't like the trigger's innate "squish"

White Devil

Space Hate Crimes
kiwifarms.net
I have a buddy with a Tavor, its kinda pretty in a space gun way, and the ergos on it are solid. I just don't like the trigger's innate "squish"
You'd hate Sig 55x rifles then. Triggers so mushy... I love mine though, outshoots any AR I've ever owned.

Badungus Kabungus

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well I dissembled my takedown, are those Otis Firearm Cleaning wipes enough to clean the internals?
Can't hurt to get some stiff nylon brushes (stiffer than the average toothbrush) and some plastic picks in the future too. Maybe a brass brush for something like the bolt face and a few other places, although people have conflicting opinions about brass. I find it to be kind of necessary, especially for cleaning up after unjacketed 22LR ammo that deposits lead shavings everywhere. For corrosive ammo it's a whole different ball game though, you want to wash out that stuff with either hot water or diluted Ballistol, it's a pain in the ass.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You'd hate Sig 55x rifles then. Triggers so mushy... I love mine though, outshoots any AR I've ever owned.
I've fired them before, they're not that bad. Bullpups have weird triggers thanks to the bar or tension pully they use as a work around to having the trigger live in a different zipcode from the BCG

OneHandClapping

OneManSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In some slightly legal news, federal judge Roger Benitez just struck down California's assault weapons ban law.

Opinion:

Ruling:

Older papers:

From what I'm reading there's a 30-day stay on the order, so California's DOJ has until then to file an appeal. If they don't do that within 30 days, July 4th (Murca!), then the order passes and the CA AWB is dust.

Attachments

• Miller_v_Bonta_Judgment.pdf
    293.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Miller_v_Bonta_Opinion.pdf
    971.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

MrJokerRager

Moar Big Boobs and Trump 2024
kiwifarms.net
In some slightly legal news, federal judge Roger Benitez just struck down California's assault weapons ban law.

Opinion:

Ruling:

From what I'm reading there's a 30-day stay on the order, so California's DOJ has until then to file an appeal. If they don't do that within 30 days, July 4th (Murca!), then the order passes and the CA AWB is dust.
So that means the Sparrow
Dynamics and Juggernaut tactical companies goes out of business with lol.

Meat Target

Tactical headpats
kiwifarms.net

Opinion:

Ruling:

Fuckin' based Benitez. Don't give up.

OneHandClapping

OneManSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuckin' based Benitez. Don't give up.
California just needs to nix the stupid handgun roster and 10+ magazine ban and it'll feel like America again.

So that means the Sparrow
Dynamics and Juggernaut tactical companies goes out of business with lol.
They could still market products to other states that have equally retarded laws but haven't been so lucky with their judges, like Jersey or NY.

waffle

kiwifarms.net
Dunno. You'd think removing the microstamping requirement (lol) on new pistols would be an easier sell than saying everyone can walk around strapped.
If the AWB works its way all the way through the court of appeals/SC and stays gone, which seems likely, then a bunch of the other shit is likely to be collateral damage from the AWB decision.

For instance there's basically no way a mag ban or their ammo purchasing scheme could survive under the logic of any decision that says an AWB isn't ok. Micro stamping and the pistol roster are probably gone too, but they at least claim they those are about product safety I think, so it may take a second court decision.

The Dude

Make a difference in life. Gas a furry.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I'm not a big fan of 5.56x45mm or most of the rifles that chamber it, but the X95 Tavor is on my short list of 5.56mm rifles I do like. If I didn't own my Steyr AUG A3 or if I was in the market to buy another rifle in 5.56mm then the X95 Tavor, SIG MCX Virtus, and CZ Bren 2 would be the rifles I'd be choosing between. I personally love bullpups, have never really had an issue with their triggers, and I really dig how they laid out the controls on the X95. Especially how the mag release is in a similar position as on an AR so that it's easily manipulated with your trigger finger, and how the bolt release is right behind the magwell where it can quickly be tripped immediately after a fresh mag is inserted. If the X95 Tavor had been available in the US at the time I bought my Steyr AUG I may have gone with it instead. I went with the AUG over the older model Tavor because the Steyr is a seasoned design with a proven track record in combat, I was already familiar with using the AUG since I had previously owned one of the Microtech MSAR clones years ago, and because there were a few things about the old model Tavor that I didn't like, such as the magazine release being a trigger-like lever in front of the magwell that looked to me as if it was begging to get caught on the user's sling or load bearing gear and drop the mag at precisely the worst possible time. But with the X95 they fixed all the things I didn't like about the original Tavor model. Still don't regret getting my AUG A3 and I definitely wouldn't trade it for the X95.