Resident Evil - Hard-on for STARS

Nazi vegeta

kiwifarms.net
from what ive seen it feels very generic.

the original feels more like a good b-movie. this one like one of the many zombie movies that come out of hollywood and try to take themselves too seriously.

probably the switch to western writing didnt help with that at all. it already sucked in re7.

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
I really want it but $60 for eight hours of gameplay is a hard sell.
Is that for just one scenario or with both A and B combined?

probably the switch to western writing didnt help with that at all. it already sucked in re7.
I kind of share the writing department sentiment. Not as bad as going from Devil May Cry to DMC reimagining thing though or other western hot takes.

Bad_Guys_are_Good4EVER

Put the spoon in my mouth!
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait to play Claire Redcliff again. I just wish there was game in which both Chris and Claire are fighting zombies together instead of separately.

Fuckoffdad

You'll be where you belong
kiwifarms.net
yeah, but from what I've heard it's only if you get the deluxe version, well that or you buy the DLC separately
Yeah I bought deluxe because I'm weak and part of the problem.. on rare occasions anyway. I'm usually better at controlling myself and still can't really abide most launch-window DLC.. especially when it comes from Capcom of all companies but here we are.. I wanted the music/sfx and the Elza outfit.

People concerned about game length and being generic I don't know what to tell you other than REmake remains one of the best games of all time. I mean that was Shinji Mikami at the peak of his creative powers and this.. isn't. But I think the game will be worth a shot if you're a fan of the original or not. And if you're so inclined to getting your money's worth you have 2x scenarios each for Leon and Claire as well as Hunk and Tofu plus there will be free post-launch DLC modes added. Claiming it's 8 hours is really selling it short.

VinRhe0

The Sperg Hunter
kiwifarms.net
I feel alot better with buying the deluxe edition now that they clarified that there are 0 micro-transactions and that the future DLC would be free to all players.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
I played the game for over an hour and I love it so far. I use the old music for my first run since I never played the original re2.

Claires military costum looks great. There is also lots of art and figurines you can unlock.

chicken wings

Certified Instagram Dietician
kiwifarms.net
Is that for just one scenario or with both A and B combined?
Each scenario will take you about 6 hours and to see all the game has to offer you'll have to play all 4 scenarios so that's a good 20+ hours in all.

Then there's also the extra modes and upcoming free DLC.

Cardenio

Yeed
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I played the game for over an hour and I love it so far. I use the old music for my first run since I never played the original re2.

Claires military costum looks great. There is also lots of art and figurines you can unlock.
Please do yourself a favor and play the original 2. Very easy to emulate and the Windows abandonware Sourcenext port is very easy to get working with modern OSes, also the version Digital Fondry calls the best.

RE2 and REmake are hallmarks of gaming and should be considered must plays. RE1 is a classic in its own right but jeez it can be fucking hard especially with no walkthrough. The sequels after should be played for diehard fans, not saying 3 or Code Veronica are bad by any means but they have design choices that can be considered very poorly thought out.

0 is the most infamous because damn the game is beautiful but such a pain to enjoy.

• Feels
Reactions: Sinners Sandwich

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
UUUUGH Mr. X. I'm standing on top of the stairs in the police department hall watching this fucker below walking around and searching for me.

You can hear his footsteps first but you don't know from where the sound is coming. When he sees you, run or he rapes ur ass (not literally of course).

• Feels
Reactions: yeahweknow

Zan

kiwifarms.net
I feel a bit swindled that the sound swap dlc doesn't give the zombies their original groans and squishly shuffling. None of the raspy licker breathing either. The "new" Chief Irons weirds me because he looks like a complete copy of my highschool football coach. He was one of those saccharine, family going kind of dudes so its surreal seeing him kidnap Sherry and pistol whip Claire while saying fuck.

Its a competent game and for one am happy again to do lots of backtracking but yea...some stuff rubs me the wrong way. ts good but the original RE remake, to me, is (one of) the quintessential survival horror experience and RE2 remake doesn't live up to that. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game and I'm super stoked for RE3 remake.

BeanBidan

Welcome to Silent Hill faggots.
kiwifarms.net
You know when I was younger. I thought it was a pretty legit zombie survival horror game. Then realized there was much lore in it regarding bio weapons which actually made it more amazing to me.
Most people ignore reading journals but when you read through them the expansion of the lore really does give you that feeling of anxiety and all hope is loss when you put yourself in the shoes of a civilian in Raccoon City. I never really played after Code Veronica so the series still holds that magic for me because I left it in the past.

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net
I feel a bit swindled that the sound swap dlc doesn't give the zombies their original groans and squishly shuffling. None of the raspy licker breathing either. The "new" Chief Irons weirds me because he looks like a complete copy of my highschool football coach. He was one of those saccharine, family going kind of dudes so its surreal seeing him kidnap Sherry and pistol whip Claire while saying fuck.

Its a competent game and for one am happy again to do lots of backtracking but yea...some stuff rubs me the wrong way. ts good but the original RE remake, to me, is (one of) the quintessential survival horror experience and RE2 remake doesn't live up to that. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game and I'm super stoked for RE3 remake.
agree. probably because the original was a game made and written completely by japanese people in a market dominated by japanese devs. This instead has been developed with the western market first and foremost in mind.
It feels too americanized.
still, it's a solid game but the original RE feel is a bit lost.

Tags
None