The Linux Thread - The Autist's OS of Choice

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I already got Manjaro downloaded, if you know, redpill me on the differences between Mint and Manjaro.
Manjaro is a rolling release distro that will have a lot of updates often and may/likely break shit. I've also seen these distros referred to as bleeding edge. I wouldn't recommend it unless you feel like troubleshooting shit a lot.
Mint is a point release distro. Set version numbers and less likely to push out updates that break shit.

• Informative
Reactions: Basil II

Basil II

my dimension is augmented
kiwifarms.net
Manjaro is a rolling release distro that will have a lot of updates often and may/likely break shit. I've also seen these distros referred to as bleeding edge. I wouldn't recommend it unless you feel like troubleshooting shit a lot.
Mint is a point release distro. Set version numbers and less likely to push out updates that break shit.
I don't mind troubleshooting too much, but when you say break shit, is it minor or "your drive is getting fucking formatted".

Basil II

my dimension is augmented
kiwifarms.net
Probably more like "oh why doesn't my audio work anymore? Oh, pulseaudio updated. I guess fucking Poettering pushed out some more bullshit code and will blame his bugs on the kernel."
Yeah I guess i'll just do Mint, I don't want an update fucking with my settings or customization. After all, I did list my original reason for wanting to switch was a reaction to microsoft's forced updates.

NumberingYourState

REAL MEN Fuck Up
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't get much help with the official forums but do any of the Kiwifarms approved web browsers work well with Linux TinyCore? How would it handle the installation?

Was thinking of giving it a shot, replacing the OS on the burner-tier hardware laptop I use.

Tags
None