The Tl;DR Crash Course for Goons with a Text-Wall Fetish -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
yes but nobody seems to notice or care. kind of like that clown that just sat in the corner of my 4th grade class for the whole year.

Cyan's gimmick doesn't really extend past the font color though so I can see why that doesn't really count.

I think by gimmick Null means like I can't RP as an actual Bigfoot in all my posts

R

RV 229

kiwifarms.net
Does @Cyan count as a gimmick poster?
I do not pay attention to usernames or avatars, (especially avatars, you guys always seem to be changing them) nor keep a mental note of everything I post here. The color is just my way of marking "wait a second, I said that" whenever I'm going through a thread. Honestly, I wish everyone would color their posts so I can actually tell you all apart.

I've had mods asking me why I do it, but none of them have actually asked me to stop. IDK if I actually count as a gimmick poster or not though.

Taily Puff

Ready to Begin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gimmick accounts are basically a "No Homers" type rule anyway. A stray gimmick account done tastefully and by an otherwise valuable contributor just adds a little color and life to a forum. But if you go someplace and every other post is some autistic sperg roleplaying a samurai wolf who's also batman, the whole thing just degrades into an obnoxious mess. If you're not sure if you can pull it off then the answer is almost definitely no.

MormonofID

Let's go Mavs!
kiwifarms.net
OK, So you pay 10 bucks to be able to post in a forum where you aren't allowed to do anything fun, despite the fact that you can get the same level or better discussion for free pretty much anywhere else without having to look at painfully unfunny articles. Why would you then pay the 10 bucks?

B

BF 388

kiwifarms.net
OK, So you pay 10 bucks to be able to post in a forum where you aren't allowed to do anything fun, despite the fact that you can get the same level or better discussion for free pretty much anywhere else without having to look at painfully unfunny articles. Why would you then pay the 10 bucks?

Autism and a need to fill the void with something other than alcohol

patchwork

i told you about stairs bro
kiwifarms.net
It might be worth pointing out that the halal tag in the Lolcow sub is a good way to find what will get you made fun of here, and lets you get to know some tidbit history of the forums as well as some currently active laughingstocks you'll see randomly.

The Dude

Make a difference in life. Gas a furry.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gimmick accounts are basically a "No Homers" type rule anyway. A stray gimmick account done tastefully and by an otherwise valuable contributor just adds a little color and life to a forum. But if you go someplace and every other post is some autistic sperg roleplaying a samurai wolf who's also batman, the whole thing just degrades into an obnoxious mess. If you're not sure if you can pull it off then the answer is almost definitely no.

Yeah, well, y'know that's just, like, uh...your opinion, man.