ValiDate - an upcoming (and unsurprisingly racist) visual novel made by SJW's, for SJW's.

Mackerel Fish Stew

A hearty bowl of stew always warms the soul!
kiwifarms.net
1595975024337.png

Just noticed that at some point the pie chart on the Kickstarter was changed to slash the 42.9% merchandise cost and redistribute the difference to gamedev costs. Clearly these people haven't learned that the internet never forgets. Also supports that the team is lurking this thread, since I don't recall this specific criticism coming up on Twitter?

Ascendancy0

A Cognoscente Of Salt
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1480426
Just noticed that at some point the pie chart on the Kickstarter was changed to slash the 42.9% merchandise cost and redistribute the difference to gamedev costs. Clearly these people haven't learned that the internet never forgets. Also supports that the team is lurking this thread, since I don't recall this specific criticism coming up on Twitter?
Shouldn’t Art and Music have a larger allocation than Coding and Writing since the Art and Music devs make up most of the team?

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1480426
It's strangely convenient on how equally split game dev is.

Waifuwars

Why yes I am a 2D connoisseur how could you tell?
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1480426
So assuming a $25k budget, costs breakdown would be the following:
$6,750 to Coding and Writing ($13,500 towards Gamedev total)
$6,750 to art and music (How many artists and composers did they have again? Pretty sure this comes to peanuts per person)
$4,200 towards merchandising
$550 towards marketing

I used to do digital marketing and $550 is barely a month or two's worth of advertising on any major platform. I guess they're banking on "free" marketing on Twitter and Tumblr and any drama they generate gets them free publicity because hey, there's no such thing as bad press. I hope none of the artists are investing too much of their time into this because they're going to be paid min wage for their work, assuming they don't experience a sudden surge in backers.

PoisonedBun

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1480426
I'm calling it right now that merchandise costs are still half the budget and this thing is going to get tangled up in backer reward hell like so many other kickstarters. The resulting Guru Larry video will be fun, though.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1480426
Holy shit, somebody listened to me? Holy fuck, my autistic ranting did something for once. By god I deserve a medal for making validate less scammy.

Soul Reaper

I hate this game.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1480426
Shouldn’t Art and Music have a larger allocation than Coding and Writing since the Art and Music devs make up most of the team?
Coding should have significantly less since all the work is done for them in RenPy.

They shouldn't even have marketing or merchandise in mind when the game isn't even finished. Put all that money towards your workers.

I'd make it:
5% to programming
15% to writing
15% to art and music
65% to your stolen assets

I know it's a VN and there's lots of text, but when all the text is about gender validation, they're doing a shit job.
For art, we all been knew those backgrounds are stolen, and recently found out some art was traced. Y'all don't deserve shit either.

Livecorpse

kiwifarms.net
You know, if this tanks, I won't be surprised if someone goes on an anti-capitalist rant over how whatever-phobic western society has became. I mean, we already got someone quitting their job over something trivial.

Didn't that already happen with that Ankh Project thing or whatever it was? I vaguely remember one of the dev team bitching about how unjust it was that their team struggled for funds but a Double Fine project got funded in a day or something.

tamago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Coding should have significantly less since all the work is done for them in RenPy.

They shouldn't even have marketing or merchandise in mind when the game isn't even finished. Put all that money towards your workers.

I'd make it:
5% to programming
15% to writing
15% to art and music
65% to your stolen assets

I know it's a VN and there's lots of text, but when all the text is about gender validation, they're doing a shit job.
For art, we all been knew those backgrounds are stolen, and recently found out some art was traced. Y'all don't deserve shit either.
For a game like this there is barely any programming, mainly writing. I bet this was the main reason they chose to make a ren'py visual novel and not anything else.
They did turn down a decent programmer because they were Jewish so it's not like they want to actually make a good game if it involves hiring a light skin.

Ray

Shitlord Supreme
kiwifarms.net
For a game like this there is barely any programming, mainly writing. I bet this was the main reason they chose to make a ren'py visual novel and not anything else.
They did turn down a decent programmer because they were Jewish so it's not like they want to actually make a good game if it involves hiring a light skin.
Woah woah they did what now?
can you pull up the receipts for that bottom statement please?

Tags
None