ValiDate - an upcoming (and unsurprisingly racist) visual novel made by SJW's, for SJW's.

tamago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hold up, what? Is ValiDate anti-semitic now as well?
Woah woah they did what now?
can you pull up the receipts for that bottom statement please?
I can't put exact receipts up without putting my source in possible trouble. Basically they offered to be a programmer to someone on the team and cited their Jewish ancestry. However they were told that Jewish people aren't allowed on the team because they aren't as oppressed as POC (who the team is only made up of as advertised), and they are white-passing.

gata

kiwifarms.net
Why can't they just make them all black+🇺🇸? Because they sure don't sound/look/feel like their so called ethnicities. I think having a ghetto/black dating sim/vn would be more interesting, like, you try to date the deadbeat dad into being committed, making the sassy activist/black supremacist to chill, support the nerdy mixed dude in his struggles, to make the self hating black to love themselves or something but that would need good, not passive aggressive and subtle writing for that.

I can't put exact receipts up without putting my source in possible trouble. Basically they offered to be a programmer to someone on the team and cited their Jewish ancestry. However they were told that Jewish people aren't allowed on the team because they aren't as oppressed as POC (who the team is only made up of as advertised), and they are white-passing.
imo jews with german/polish/european ancestry are white because religion ain't a race (regardless whatever Jews think)
but wow so much for their stance on diversity and minority representation. What a shocker!

Billiam Cipher

tumblr is an illusion
kiwifarms.net
Sadly not surprising, I've been around these types on the internet, and they genuinely believe that any light skinned person of any ethnicity should be called White, regardless of any other features they may have, the fact that skin tones vary within the same race (and even families), and totally disregarding the fact that mixed people exist. You're half black half white and ended up with fair skin? Get out of here, whitey.

Soul Reaper

I hate this game.
kiwifarms.net
so much for be white. when they said white, they wanted to say light-skinned black person.
Sadly not surprising, I've been around these types on the internet, and they genuinely believe that any light skinned person of any ethnicity should be called White, regardless of any other features they may have, the fact that skin tones vary within the same race (and even families), and totally disregarding the fact that mixed people exist. You're half black half white and ended up with fair skin? Get out of here, whitey.
To the dev’s, he counts as white as the quote above explains.

Synthesizer Patel

Crime's so bloody bad these days
kiwifarms.net
You'd think having a token Jew on-side would mean they could use them to defer claims of antisemetism, especially if they're going to keep on saying dubious stuff.

But... aren't a whole bunch of the "team" white (or definitely white-passing) anyway?

Quoting for reference:

Second homie on the bottom row literally be white.
Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure not everyone on the team is a POC, like the dev claims. Some of these bitches be pasty af.
Yeah it's a lie. To say nothing of that portrait of "Oscar", Adrian is white as fuck. He admits being a white latino.
View attachment 1460555View attachment 1460556
This is how he draws himself, though, because he's trying to push the idea that he's puerto rican. :story:
View attachment 1460560
I like how he completely changed his nose, sounds like BROWNFACE to me!

And yeah he's a homestuck. He did...this to Vriska.
View attachment 1460549
View attachment 1460550
Stick to music, buddy.

There's also Nans/chewwypepsicola
View attachment 1460564

Oscar/femslashfatale predictably doesn't show his face. He's a he/him nonbinary lesbian uwu and has been bumbling around not finishing a visual novel that was supposed to be completed for some yaoi-themed game jam back in 2016.
View attachment 1460573

Edit: Raiden/spaceraes is also a white boy
View attachment 1460594
View attachment 1460593View attachment 1460596
Of course it's difficult to tell, given the art style they're all drawn in where the faces all look the same. But come on, some of these are drawn lighter than they drew the white guy.

But let's say that most of the white-looking ones in that dev team roster are actually Asian and not white: that just makes it weirder that the Chinese/Korean/etc characters in the game are drawn as black rather than Asian. I guess those people have really been beaten down into thinking they don't count as "POC enough" if they're not dark skinned.

yahooligan

Get ready for a surprise!
kiwifarms.net
But let's say that most of the white-looking ones in that dev team roster are actually Asian and not white: that just makes it weirder that the Chinese/Korean/etc characters in the game are drawn as black rather than Asian. I guess those people have really been beaten down into thinking they don't count as "POC enough" if they're not dark skinned.
It's easy enough to settle this debate. Bring in...THE TUMBLR RACIAL PURITY TEST
Here lies the decider, the Sword of Damocles, the one truth to rule us all:
08-color_picker-512.png

The Tumblr and SJW art threads are filled with people getting into heated debates about RGB triplets. You know goddamn well if we ever get the team's chat logs, it'll be filled with this kind of nonsense.
skinpallet2012.jpg

Tumblr generally considers all but the bottom-right entry to be "white-coded."

i forgot my password

kiwifarms.net
Allegedly this is what the white guy will look like.
View attachment 1483475
Here's a better picture of Keaton, the Italian Antifa Supersoldier. The image came from the Validate character quiz the dev's posted a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if this is his final sprite so his appearance could have changed since then. Compared to the rest of the cast, I don't think he looks that bad. At least he looks like how his bio described him (compared to a character like Ashlie who is supposed to be an egirl gamer but doesn't look like it at all).

1596123323441.png

1596123411766.png

1596124915574.png

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
First off: I know it's a lip ring, but on my tiny phone it makes it look like he's biting his bottom lip.

Second: THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS NOSE?!
ETA: AND that thumb?!
Third: they clearly want him to be an asshole, which means he'll likely be the most likeable character.

Fourth: unsurprising that it is they'd make the white one an asshole, that they're also making him Antifa is ... well, it's expected, but I'm certain there's going to be a lot of revealing subtext in how they write him, like with the deadbeat rapper guy.

Tags
None