ValiDate - an upcoming (and unsurprisingly racist) visual novel made by SJW's, for SJW's.

yahooligan

Get ready for a surprise!
kiwifarms.net
And why is this so called Italian denying his glorious fascist heritage? Il Duce would be very dissapointed.

I thought this was a game about diversity and embracing your culture.
That's why he's driving a Silverado. Because all white people, especially Italians, drive trucks.

PozzedByCoronachan

Oikophobiaphobic
kiwifarms.net
First off: I know it's a lip ring, but on my tiny phone it makes it look like he's biting his bottom lip.

Second: THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS NOSE?!
ETA: AND that thumb?!
What's wrong with his nose is that they effectively just copied the Indian girl from Steven Universe's nose and pasted it unto his face.
are you serious.png

Aside from the nose I kinda like his design, but they really ought to fix that detail.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
First off: I know it's a lip ring, but on my tiny phone it makes it look like he's biting his bottom lip.

Second: THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HIS NOSE?!
ETA: AND that thumb?!
Again proving the artists are just submitting first drafts and the head artist isn't doing their job properly. How you going to manage a team if you aren't going to criticize mistakes and guide everyone in the same direction?

eeeeeeeeeeeee_diot

it takes a really high iq to understand validate
kiwifarms.net
Here's a better picture of Keaton, the Italian Antifa Supersoldier. The image came from the Validate character quiz the dev's posted a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if this is his final sprite so his appearance could have changed since then. Compared to the rest of the cast, I don't think he looks that bad. At least he looks like how his bio described him (compared to a character like Ashlie who is supposed to be an egirl gamer but doesn't look like it at all).

View attachment 1483847
View attachment 1483854
View attachment 1483884
I don't know why but something genuinely irks me about the way he's drawn. He looks... out of place. Like, even more out of place than the hodgepodge of diversity they shoved together. Maybe it's the art style, but I'm not digging it at the moment. I wonder who's writing him?

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
I don't know why but something genuinely irks me about the way he's drawn. He looks... out of place. Like, even more out of place than the hodgepodge of diversity they shoved together. Maybe it's the art style, but I'm not digging it at the moment. I wonder who's writing him?
I think it's because he's aware that he's surrounded by idiocy and wants the ride to end.

Waifuwars

Why yes I am a 2D connoisseur how could you tell?
kiwifarms.net
Here's a better picture of Keaton, the Italian Antifa Supersoldier. The image came from the Validate character quiz the dev's posted a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if this is his final sprite so his appearance could have changed since then. Compared to the rest of the cast, I don't think he looks that bad. At least he looks like how his bio described him (compared to a character like Ashlie who is supposed to be an egirl gamer but doesn't look like it at all).

View attachment 1483847
View attachment 1483854
View attachment 1483884
Woah woah woah there we can't be having this character as is in the game. Gonna have to make a couple edits before the committee approves it.
keaton fixed.png
Now he looks more native american than Anoki. I'd date him no homo.

Last edited:

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
Again proving the artists are just submitting first drafts and the head artist isn't doing their job properly. How you going to manage a team if you aren't going to criticize mistakes and guide everyone in the same direction?
This is assuming that they even have any management or direction which we know isn't the case because so far the PR for Validate has been absolutely atrocious. I have no doubts that they just submit whatever they make and aren't told to make ANY adjustments just because they don't want the criticism.

Again, these people wants thousands of dollars for this and yet can't get several of their artists to collaborate and create a consistent style. It's not like every character has to look the same either.
Shugo Chara is an older 2000s shoujo manga with some romance elements. Why do I bring it up? The art is done by 2 people for several volumes. A group called Peach Pit is made out of several members + assistants but the two main artists named Banri and Shibuko separate tasks as mentioned in an extra for their final volume of the series. One person storyboards, the other lines the work, one artists draws the main characters and males, the other draws the sub/sidecharacters/females. Hell, even the eyes or the bodies might be drawn in by each other.

You want to know the difference between this and Validate, the artists clearly communicate and shift tasks to get shit done on a timely manner and keep things consistent. As I mentioned beforehand, there's no reason they CAN'T separate this work to make their lives easier and still keep things orderly. Especially with the amount of artists they have on board.

In good (?) news, the Kickstarter has reached the $32,000 mark so we're getting white boi in the game.
View attachment 1484616
What are the odds they make him southern Italian/sicilian so he's as dark as they come?
Knowing it's the only white dude, they're going to make him a normal guy who just happens to be ignorant on their views and thus he's bad despite the character being a normal person.

OR

They'll make the white dude someone who's so woke/hipsterish it will annoy all the other characters.

Either way, if he's not the most annoying character, he'll still be more likable than our main cast.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
This is assuming that they even have any management or direction which we know isn't the case because so far the PR for Validate has been absolutely atrocious. I have no doubts that they just submit whatever they make and aren't told to make ANY adjustments just because they don't want the criticism.

Again, these people wants thousands of dollars for this and yet can't get several of their artists to collaborate and create a consistent style. It's not like every character has to look the same either.
Shugo Chara is an older 2000s shoujo manga with some romance elements. Why do I bring it up? The art is done by 2 people for several volumes. A group called Peach Pit is made out of several members + assistants but the two main artists named Banri and Shibuko separate tasks as mentioned in an extra for their final volume of the series. One person storyboards, the other lines the work, one artists draws the main characters and males, the other draws the sub/sidecharacters/females. Hell, even the eyes or the bodies might be drawn in by each other.

You want to know the difference between this and Validate, the artists clearly communicate and shift tasks to get shit done on a timely manner and keep things consistent. As I mentioned beforehand, there's no reason they CAN'T separate this work to make their lives easier and still keep things orderly. Especially with the amount of artists they have on board.
But why even bother splitting the tasks up efficiently and communicating with the whole team when you can draw whatever the fuck you want in your own style because consistency is fucking racist and oppressive. Only a nazi would dare be consistent.

Panda788

hold me tigjt like hamburguer
kiwifarms.net
Consistency? You want the artstyle to be the same? Like the nazis wanted everyone to be the same? what is wrong with you.

In all seriousness, this is something that's coming out of tumblr. I'm pretty sure they all meet each other on tumblr/twitter and have a discord group where they discuss how to make their game. And I bet like other scams that were already mentioned in this thread their management must be pretty messy and if any of you have ever seen it, most likely like the chats between the creators of the infamous dashcon.

- Most of them probably have no idea how the game is doing. Probably busy with something else going on in their lives.
- Check the chat once every week and there is barely any update.

Something else that shows how they have no idea what they're doing/how they're doing only what they think is fun and when they're bored they'll drop it:
- Doing their "Meet the developers/Interview" when no one cares because they're not famous for any previous work.
- Planning merchandise when the game is still in production and it is not of any known character or popular franchise that otherwise would make sense to plan merchandise ahead of it due to its known popularity.
- All their PR is memes they post on their twitter.

Also who is going to manage all the money? That will be the important question once the game isn't finished/is finished but never fully completed and the majority of it will be gone when obviously it won't have been implemented in game. I'm sure if they reach the mark to the fishing game (why a fishing game in a dating sim/visual novel?) it won't be done. They don't have enough competency to make a fishing game.

Tags
None