ValiDate - an upcoming (and unsurprisingly racist) visual novel made by SJW's, for SJW's.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
It's hilarious how the fan artists are way better at drawing and making the characters look attractive than any of the actual artists on the game.
I'd make a jab about the fan artists not needing to be restricted by the art style of the game and being able to do their own style, but the devs are kind of following the same philosophy.

Pond Scum

Disgusting!
kiwifarms.net
Here's fanart of Keaton. It's actually pretty good.
View attachment 1488089
Calling it now, white boy will become the fan favorite, and this will piss the devs off enough that they'll go on a 4000-tweet-long tirade about all the RAYCISS people giving them their money that finally ends in something out of the African translation of Mein Kampf.

Yukari Yakumo

Welcome to the Apocalypse, here's your moisturizer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Calling it now, white boy will become the fan favorite, and this will piss the devs off enough that they'll go on a 4000-tweet-long tirade about all the RAYCISS people giving them their money that finally ends in something out of the African translation of Mein Kampf.
I fucking hope so, man.

Xerxes IX

Neko Atsume cat named Sargon of Aclawed next?
kiwifarms.net
Here's fanart of Keaton. It's actually pretty good.
View attachment 1488089
Based on this fanart he looks like the kind of character Twitterites would simp over. They might claim to be so WOKE and progressive but they still thirst over edgy white guys.

The devs really fucked themselves over by inadvertently hyping up the fucking white male's character reveal, maybe they'll claim it was a social experiment to prove people really are racist because they like him the most.

Synthesizer Patel

Crime's so bloody bad these days
kiwifarms.net
I can't tell if they're going to go the "woke white ally, probably some flavour of trans" route with this guy, or the "ignorant bully" route. I'm suspecting the former, but hoping for the latter. I mean, Malik or whatever his name was turned out to be the latter, and he's been the most likeable character so far.

Hoping that whiteboy ends up a favourite, and the dev team get so pissed off with it that they make him as problematic as they can.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net

Parthenos

Why hast thou let me see this, Lucifer?
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1493281

I like how they made every character except the white guy show their face in at least some way. REAL subtle, there.
>white guy doesn't show his face on the poster, when everyone else does
>instantly making him more visually distinct, mysterious (and therefore desirable) to a visual novel-playing demographic

They can't even dunk on him correctly, lmao :story:
If they didn't have such a hangup about whitey then he'd just be one more face in the crowd. But the way they're singling him out in the marketing makes him look like the most important character in the game. Someone used to typical anime/vn tropes might even look at that poster and think the white guy is the self-insert protagonist because he's literally in the top spot.
Can't wait to see them seethe when he becomes the most popular character in the game and gets a bunch of sexy fanart. He's like a reverse Abby from TLOU2, where she was worshiped in game and by the creators but hated by the fans.

Last edited:

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1493281

I like how they made every character except the white guy show their face in at least some way. REAL subtle, there.
Would you look at that, the characters all look like they belong in the same game. IT'S A MIRACLE WHAT CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED BY DRAWING THEM ALL IN THE SAME ARTSTYLE.

gata

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1493281

Wow at least the cast is in a consistent artstyle. Other than the e-thot and (mysterious "back facing audience pose" ooooo )wytdevil, the cast still looks African black instead of their supposedly"mixed" heritage.
devs, just make them African-American, it's a wasted effort if the only ethnicity people can recognize is African.

Tags
None