Which song do you hate the most? - Air your anger.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Weed Eater

Why yes I DO smoke marijuana; it's goooood stuff!
kiwifarms.net
5 strings are pointless. As are 7 and 8 string guitars. They're a get-out-of-jail-free cards for lazy metal bands who want to sound heavier by going lower, without understanding what heavy is.
You do realize there are people who properly tune these instruments, and have the skill/creativity to use them "properly" too right? I do get the argument but even if you "cheat" drop-D tuning with a standard-tuned five string bass, some songs you can't just play the four string variant of the tab. Doesn't make sense or "translate" to the five string strings and sound directly. If you use it as a "get out of jail free" card then yeah the dude playing is just an idiot.

This guy is based because as I mentioned, he actually has the skill/creativity to take tunings or extra-stringed guitars and make them sound interesting/unique. Although I don't personally get the guitars that go beyond 7 or 8 strings. There's a video of this dude playing a 14-string and it was the first time I looked at a guitar and felt it was truly excessive.

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was in high school when it dropped. Metallica got me through some strange times, mainly the Cunning stunts double of Fade to black (have i mentioned that song yet?) and So What, but St Anger aint it.

If you like the 000000s, you;re in luck, because the bass riff for the whole fucking album is 000000000000 on a five string bass!!! Even Jdog didn't stoop to such levels afaik. I give Big Rob a pass for his 5 string usage because he played Anaethesia live in front of Ray Burton, and did a spectacular job.

Thread tax

My chemical romance is for faggots. That one song about some faggoty parade is the root cause of all trannies.
At this point you're just being a exceptional nigger because no, the entire album isn't played only on an open D string lmao. Do I need to post the sheet/tabs for you?
Fade to Black was my favorite song in junior high. St Anger, I hated. I cant say what the bass riffs were because I only listened to that album once, but you're probably only sligty exaggerating.

That said, at the risk of being a faggot, I actually do like MCR. And FallOut Boy. That's partially because my buddy's wife is a reformed emo girl, so I'm used to hearing things like thread tax Yellow Card and Taking Back Sunday, and in shitty situations like that, ballsier emo bands such as MCR, FOB, and Paramore can be a breath of fresh air.

I looked at MCR in much the same way I look at Hevisaurus today:

Ideal? No. But it works as a thing the whole family can enjoy.

-edit- and YES, that's Jens Johannson and several members of CoB, amongst others, in that video above.

I smiled while reading all of that. I will check out Devin. I've heard of strapping young lad but never listened to their songs and Steve vai, while a wierd duck-lipped pouty freak, writes some amazing god-tier shit. Tender surrender blows me away. A youtube comment summed the song up as having sex with a guitar; the foreplay, the shagging, the jizzing and then the post-coital cigarette, I agree.

I do like instrumental chill stuff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfe_JkVsDo
This is a proper chill album. Brilliantly written. No singing, all instrumental but yeah, worth a listen.

Thread tax:

Any song that has been described as having an 'amazing riff' or 'amazing solo', either of which appear in a pop song, or is 4 bars long, can be rolled up and fired in to the sun.
Yeah, check him out. And take your time; Devy's got a MASSIVE range. SYL is very, very heavy. But he also does Yngwie style hair metal, and acoustic music, and even a Disney song. Basically, every album he's released since 1993 is him trying something new, so if you don't like a song you hear, there may be one later on down the playlist you do (and if you DO love a song, you might hate the next one, lol...)

Hot Cup of Joe

kiwifarms.net
You do realize there are people who properly tune these instruments, and have the skill/creativity to use them "properly" too right? I do get the argument but even if you "cheat" drop-D tuning with a standard-tuned five string bass, some songs you can't just play the four string variant of the tab. Doesn't make sense or "translate" to the five string strings and sound directly. If you use it as a "get out of jail free" card then yeah the dude playing is just an idiot.

This guy is based because as I mentioned, he actually has the skill/creativity to take tunings or extra-stringed guitars and make them sound interesting/unique. Although I don't personally get the guitars that go beyond 7 or 8 strings. There's a video of this dude playing a 14-string and it was the first time I looked at a guitar and felt it was truly excessive.
Fair enough, I can't rag on people using instruments properly, that would be truly autistic. The dude from Dream Theatre uses a six string bass, though it's more of a bass/guitar role that he plays, similar to Steve Harris from Iron Maiden. I stand by faggots using extra strings as drop tuning is cheating.

Fade to Black was my favorite song in junior high. St Anger, I hated. I cant say what the bass riffs were because I only listened to that album once, but you're probably only sligty exaggerating.

That said, at the risk of being a faggot, I actually do like MCR. And FallOut Boy. That's partially because my buddy's wife is a reformed emo girl, so I'm used to hearing things like thread tax Yellow Card and Taking Back Sunday, and in shitty situations like that, ballsier emo bands such as MCR, FOB, and Paramore can be a breath of fresh air.

I looked at MCR in much the same way I look at Hevisaurus today:

Ideal? No. But it works as a thing the whole family can enjoy.

-edit- and YES, that's Jens Johannson and several members of CoB, amongst others, in that video above.

I respect your mixed music tastes and how you're open to faggoty tripe on top of quality. Anyone who knows the glory of Opeth gets a free pass for any other style of music.
Yeah, check him out. And take your time; Devy's got a MASSIVE range. SYL is very, very heavy. But he also does Yngwie style hair metal, and acoustic music, and even a Disney song. Basically, every album he's released since 1993 is him trying something new, so if you don't like a song you hear, there may be one later on down the playlist you do (and if you DO love a song, you might hate the next one, lol...)
Sounds like my kind of guy. I'll trawl through his stuff over the next week or so.

Anti thread tax :

Oldest known song in the world. 1400 BC and it's metal as fuck

Little Duck

Quack quack, mother[censored]!
kiwifarms.net
I really don't love "I Love to Love" by Tina Charles. I can't love it and I can't stand it. Have you heard the lyrics? They're really fucked up. Just listen to this:

Oh, I love to love
But my baby just loves to dance, he wants to dance
He loves to dance, he's got to dance
Oh, I love to love
But my baby just loves to dance

So your baby loves dancing. So what? You think you can't dance with him, you can't do something that he likes with him? Give it a try and maybe you'll eventually love dancing too. You say you love to love, so prove it.

Oh, I love to love
But there's no time for our romance
No, no, no

There is always time for romance. IF YOU WANT IT! Unless you baby is dancing 24/7, which can be a problem. But no, you just want him all for yourself, doing only whatever pleases you and only you. Well, guess what. When two people love each other, they'll do whatever pleases both of them. If my girl love riding bikes and I love singing, I'd ride a bike with her and I'd be happy to have her singing with me. This is what couples do. They love each other, they respect each other, they join each other's fun. Love equals happiness, which is not what you want, judging by the next lyrics:

The minute the band begins to swing it
He's on his feet to dig it and dance the night away
Stop, I'm spinnin' like a top
We'll dance until we drop, but if I have my way

So it's "my way or the highway" mixing with "stop having fun", right? Well, fuck you. You're nothing more that a miserable meatbag who wants your man to do whatever you want. This is not how love works, bitch. Join him in his dances and he'll join you in whatever you want, which is something it looks like what you want:

Some night instead of going downtown
We'll stay at home and get down to what I'm tryin' to say

But now it's too little and too late. You had your chance and you lost it. Stay unhappy forever now, bitch. Oh, by the way, "I love to love" sounds stupid because it's like saying "I eat to eat" or "I take a shit to take a shit".

NumberingYourState

(Me/Myself) (Fuck/You)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are you saying you'd take Blurred Lines over a gentle old classic that might have lyrics like 'you're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine'? 😄

I'm a fan of extreme metal but I've always found Converge HIGHLY overrated. They have one or two interesting songs and I suppose fans would argue that there's a lot of emotion behind the noise but for the most part they just sound like a barrel of cats being kicked down a fire escape.

Back on the topic of songs we hate, here's another of mine. Musically it's not too bad but fuck those incoherent and stroked-out vocals from here to eternity. I don't think it's in the thread just yet but if it is, it bears repeating!

Pearl Jam is a meme with vocals, but this song is among his most overrated on the principle of being overplayed. The story behind 'Alive' is one arc to a more serious story, but it gets lost in the tide of musical chart inflation. I don't have an outright disdain for Pearl Jam, but it is a casualty of success.

Precocious Halfwit

I am your man Christmas parsnet
kiwifarms.net
Pearl Jam is a meme with vocals, but this song is among his most overrated on the principle of being overplayed. The story behind 'Alive' is one arc to a more serious story, but it gets lost in the tide of musical chart inflation. I don't have an outright disdain for Pearl Jam, but it is a casualty of success.
I absolutely agree - it is very overplayed on rock music channels and at clubs, and any song that enjoys that kind of exposure goes on to be annoying (see also Smells Like Teen Spirit, Killing In The Name, Enter Sandman etc). That said, I cannot do Pearl Jam at all because of those vocals. Mr Halfwit is a big grunge fan so the house rings with fuzzy guitars and husky vocals most days, but Eddie Vedder sings like he's trying to tongue peanut butter off the roof of his mouth!

I will read up on the story behind Alive, though - even if I don't like a song, it's always fun to understand why and how it was made. Cheers!

Dave.

We can’t expect god to do all the work
kiwifarms.net
This is the worst fucking garbage to ever toutch my ear holes and the """artist""" that made this should be shot in minecraft in real life.

Maybe I'm just autistic, but that song made my blood fucking boil. And music usually doesn't make me angry when I listen to it.

FluffyTet

A friggin' weeb
kiwifarms.net
"i like to move it" - self explanatory.

Also rolling in the deep is overplayed to death, as is black hole sun

Harlay de Champvallon

Archevêque de Paris, Duc de Saint-Cloud
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've come to hate this cringefest too.
Reminds me slightly of smol bean of Canadialand. Cringe and rage inducing.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

reeeeeeeee.jpg

Solar Eclipse Paradox

Niggers from Achernar
kiwifarms.net
The worst part about this song is literally the fact it feels like a little child is screaming at you and kicking you around because you did something that pissed him off and it made you feel bad. You come off listening to this song like you come off getting raped.

Doctor Danny

Spread the blight
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm just autistic, but that song made my blood fucking boil. And music usually doesn't make me angry when I listen to it.
its all this fuckin bad

Dave.

We can’t expect god to do all the work
kiwifarms.net
its all this fuckin bad
If I ever hear someone say "UwU" unironically in a song again I'm going to blow their fucking brains out with my 44 magnum I earned in Modern Warfare 2 after hitting rank 57 last night.

Kiwi & Cow

Master of shitposting
kiwifarms.net
I've listened to this crap so many fucking times because it became so popular at my school when Frozen was out. Literally, I heard it several times in the movie itself because my parents would want to watch it again and again, a few more times coming back home from jackasses who would blare the song from their phone and exactly twice more, once from a music class and another time when summer holidays were closing-in (because there was nothing to study after the final exams, so we did some other stuff instead like watching a movie in class or listen to music).
It's not even a good memorable song like Gangnam Style and Never Gonna Give You Up, it's just an overrated piece of dogshit.

My first ever job was on a checkout at Christmas, they had a tape of about 5 songs on endless loop, which over the course of several weeks must have been constituted a war crime. Consequently, I most despise Slade's Merry Christmas Everyone, which may be the wrong title but I refuse to give it the dignify of being in my search history.

The Grognard

kjeh kjeh räh
kiwifarms.net
My first ever job was on a checkout at Christmas, they had a tape of about 5 songs on endless loop, which over the course of several weeks must have been constituted a war crime. Consequently, I most despise Slade's Merry Christmas Everyone, which may be the wrong title but I refuse to give it the dignify of being in my search history.
Don't forget opening a radio at any time on any channel during December and some ultra-sappy Christmas-themed aural torture made purely to get easy record sales about 25 years ago starts playing. Fucking hate the whole month purely for that genre of musical equivalent of cheap plastic crap that will be thrown to the nearest landfill by new year's.