Xbox One: Thoughts?

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Surtur

Destroyer of the Universe.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Hey, TurboGrafx is fucking amazing.

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to be a late adopter this generation, if I get a next-gen console at all. Honestly, the lack of backwards compatibility is really turning me off on Xbox One, as well as the used game "unlock" fee.

Night Terror

outta my way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
KTteljF.pngp

Bugaboo

It is a good day to do what has to be done by me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck is an Xbox one? Call it Xbox 3 or Xbox 380 if you want to be stupid like my classmate in 6th grade.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Darky said:
I don't really care about the next-gen consoles but I do like how this sums up the next-gen consoles since the companies seem to be more interested in adding a bunch of things that not everyone would really use. Kinda wonder if the people behind the consoles really do try to consider what the consumer wants.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My reaction to the whole situation.
[youtube]zHXUQdlWz7o[/youtube]
Good God, paying a fee to play second hand or borrowed games? And I can't stay connected to the Internet 24/7.

Anchuent Christory

Socially Awesome and Cool.
kiwifarms.net
ok, the latest on the whole "second hand fee" thing is that it's paid by the actual retailer, so essentially when you buy a second hand game from gamestop the shop "unlocks" the game and the money is split between the retailer, the publisher and Microsoft.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-xbox-one-game-trade-ins-will-work-apparently

In all honesty, I actually endorse publishers receiving a cut of the second hand sales, but that it still doesn't get away from the fact that you can't lend a game to a friend and need the support of whatever infrastructure Microsoft put in place just to play games on your console.

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
Anchuent Christory said:
ok, the latest on the whole "second hand fee" thing is that it's paid by the actual retailer, so essentially when you buy a second hand game from gamestop the shop "unlocks" the game and the money is split between the retailer, the publisher and Microsoft.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-xbox-one-game-trade-ins-will-work-apparently

In all honesty, I actually endorse publishers receiving a cut of the second hand sales, but that it still doesn't get away from the fact that you can't lend a game to a friend and need the support of whatever infrastructure Microsoft put in place just to play games on your console.
Also do they expect the retailer to just take the cut in profits?

Of course they won't they'll pass it on to the consumer making used games far less attractive to the end user who will probably be able to pick up a new one for ten to fifteen dollars more, it's the equivalent of killing the used game industry with a binary poison rather than bashing it over the head with a hammer.

The worst thing about the reveal was that as bad as it was originally, as horrible as the event itself was what came after it was oh so much worse! The assault on used games, the bloated OS, the propriety accessories, none removable HDD, NO TV FOR EU/ASIA IN THE FIRST YEAR (after more than half the event was focused on it!), etc, etc, etc.

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Caddchef said:
Anchuent Christory said:

Also do they expect the retailer to just take the cut in profits?

Of course they won't they'll pass it on to the consumer making used games far less attractive to the end user who will probably be able to pick up a new one for ten to fifteen dollars more, it's the equivalent of killing the used game industry with a binary poison rather than bashing it over the head with a hammer.

The worst thing about the reveal was that as bad as it was originally, as horrible as the event itself was what came after it was oh so much worse! The assault on used games, the bloated OS, the propriety accessories, none removable HDD, NO TV FOR EU/ASIA IN THE FIRST YEAR (after more than half the event was focused on it!), etc, etc, etc.
You know what this is? It's not a 'game console', it's a stripped-down, mid-range PC that hooks up to your TV. Except you can't modify it or do work on it, and can only play a certain range of games on it.

I'm not buying this, or a PS4. I thought the Wii U was a bad idea, but at least Nintendo's heart seems to be in the right place. It's a game console. This bloated thing isn't.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I hate it purely because when people say "X-Box One" I immediately believe they are talking about the first generation X-Box. That naming convention sucks and is illogical.

Freecell

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Null said:
I hate it purely because when people say "X-Box One" I immediately believe they are talking about the first generation X-Box. That naming convention sucks and is illogical.
Even if that weren't the case, it's difficult to think of a name more pretentious than The One. This whole thing has been a Matryoshka doll of missteps for Microsoft.

BALLZ-BROKEN

double dippin' DHS
kiwifarms.net
What are the odds that this is a ploy by MS to turn people to PC gaming, to boost sales of Windows 8?