Xbox One: Thoughts?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
BALLZ-BROKEN said:
What are the odds that this is a ploy by MS to turn people to PC gaming, to boost sales of Windows 8?
I thought PC gamers hated Windows 8?

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
988523_478744285535651_1453766295_n.jpg

BALLZ-BROKEN

double dippin' DHS
kiwifarms.net
Caddchef said:
BALLZ-BROKEN said:
What are the odds that this is a ploy by MS to turn people to PC gaming, to boost sales of Windows 8?

They won't have much of a choice when MS stops selling Windows 7 eventually.

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
BALLZ-BROKEN said:
Caddchef said:
BALLZ-BROKEN said:

They won't have much of a choice when MS stops selling Windows 7 eventually.
Aaah Microsoft...

Anchuent Christory

Socially Awesome and Cool.
kiwifarms.net
spaps said:
Alan Pardew said:
Fun Fact: Wii U sales have skyrocketed after the announcement of X-Box One.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/wii ... ouncement/
450-jrxvkf.jpg

It would be nice but as I understand it, it was actually it's sales rank on Amazon that increased dramatically and that was only due to it's slashing of the price to clear out the stock.

But then Nintendo needs all the publicity it needs for the Wii-u, so we should let them have this one :lol:

Rio

Smug Elliot Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Xbox One so far looks like it is bound to fail miserably. They're going to have to present something seriously mindblowing at e3, or this will probably be MS's last console. A shame, because I actually liked the xbox 360, save for its initial technical flaws. So far, every announcement I hear makes the ps4 look better.

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Rio said:
Xbox One so far looks like it is bound to fail miserably. They're going to have to present something seriously mindblowing at e3, or this will probably be MS's last console. A shame, because I actually liked the xbox 360, save for its initial technical flaws. So far, every announcement I hear makes the ps4 look better.
I seriously hope it does. We need a massive console failure to force the Big Three to reconsider their priorities. Less stupid social media bullshit nobody uses, less unnecessary hardware gimmicks that have to be forced into the games with a crowbar, less blatant money-grabs.

Anchuent Christory

Socially Awesome and Cool.
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I don't think it will be a failure. The thing is, going by forums, people are pretty damn disappointed, but we tend to forget that the sort of folk who discuss games on forums only make up a small percentage of those who actually buy consoles and games and that presentation clearly wasn't aimed at us. The games industry is changing and moving away from the £40/ $60 boxed game model. It no longer caters solely towards the teenager sitting alone in his room.

People talk about "useless social features" but look how much things have changed in this console generation alone, what would these same people have said 5 years ago if they were told that the Playstation 3 would become the most popular system for using Netflix? Maybe we need to stop walling ourselves off and embrace social integration.

I'm not saying I want an Xbone, it really doesn't appear to offer me much so far, but at the same time, I can see why Microsoft think that a dedicated game system may not cut it anymore.

Rio

Smug Elliot Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's true, but there's rumors that it's going to be very expensive, and the question is how many people are willing to throw out over 600 bucks for a social media/TV box.

Microsoft is acting like they have something big planned for e3. I'm a bit curious to see what they mean by that. I hope that means they have some mindblowing games to show, not that they've made a deal with Adidas or something.

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Rio said:
That's true, but there's rumors that it's going to be very expensive, and the question is how many people are willing to throw out over 600 bucks for a social media/TV box.

Microsoft is acting like they have something big planned for e3. I'm a bit curious to see what they mean by that. I hope that means they have some mindblowing games to show, not that they've made a deal with Adidas or something.
The only way they're turning the Xbox One around is if they're like 'PSYCHE! We totally fooled you all! I can't believe you bought all that stuff! Like we'd really do any of that!'

It's probably just going to be something like, "Hey! You can play FACEBOOK GAMES on here now! Like Farmville and Dogville! Hey, where are you going? Don-don't leave! We've got so much more to show you!"

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
I'm told the XboxOne means that it's an "All in one" entertainment system. God damn I miss the days when game consoles were just for games. Back in the day when people didn't try to exploit the gaming community as much. No gamer gurls, no hidden fees, no bullshit. Well, at least not as much bullshit as today. Video games have become so mainstream, everyone wants in on it someway or another.

Sorry for that little rant. Here, have an edible game console:

[youtube]3nE6KV2BvNw[/youtube]

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
random_pickle said:
I'm told the XboxOne means that it's an "All in one" entertainment system. God damn I miss the days when game consoles were just for games. Back in the day when people didn't try to exploit the gaming community as much. No gamer gurls, no hidden fees, no bullshit. Well, at least not as much bullshit as today. Video games have become so mainstream, everyone wants in on it someway or another.

Sorry for that little rant. Here, have an edible game console:

[youtube]3nE6KV2BvNw[/youtube]

Looks delicious.

Prowldent

kiwifarms.net
I'm not buying it because I don't want the Kinect staring at me and listening to everything I say.

Ryan Rash

LET IT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!
kiwifarms.net
The 24-hour online verification DRM bunk has been confirmed.

Also confirmed: Kaz Hirai is risking erectile dysfunction with how frequently and furiously he's jacking it.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
I have to log onto the internet with it once a day in order to play games? Did they not learn from Sony's month long outage? It's like they're asking me to stay the hell away from it.

Ryan Rash

LET IT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!
kiwifarms.net
captkrisma said:
I have to log onto the internet with it once a day in order to play games? Did they not learn from Sony's month long outage? It's like they're asking me to stay the hell away from it.
More like Microsoft is becoming the Chris-chan of the gaming industry: it wants things done its way, it's not gonna change no matter how much we pray it does, and the always-on Kinect is just plain creepy.

Bugaboo

What the hap is fuckening
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ryan Rash said:
captkrisma said:
More like Microsoft is becoming the Our Pet Lolcow of the gaming industry: it wants things done its way, it's not gonna change no matter how much we pray it does, and the always-on Kinect is just plain creepy.
Yeah, I just found out about it today and I'm like "Nope"
That is literally the creepiest thing I have ever heard of in my life, who in their right mind would think that's a good idea?
Hell, if I had to buy the damn thing for some reason I'd have to keep it unplugged all the time.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile for Sony and Nintendo.....

[youtube]k6hVxm8l5HQ[/youtube]

Mama Luigi

PENDEEEERS
kiwifarms.net
Allow me to drop this here.
[youtube]TMYso30L9zI[/youtube]
Off topic, but I was a bit disappointed when they forgot to program this into the fish in Super Mario Sunshine