Xbox One: Thoughts?

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Rio

Smug Elliot Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I'm surprised. That was actually a pretty good presentation. Really impressed by the amount of games they showed, technical difficulties aside.

Surtur

Destroyer of the Universe.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
About what I expected. 500 is less than ehat the PS went for.

potrzebie

kiwifarms.net
Kick da hexbawx?

Given Microsoft's confirmed involvement with the NSA and PRISM, and given the constant surveillance that the XBOX ONE will perform on it's users, does anyone else here feel compelled to kick the hexbawx?

I know I do.

applecat

Prettiest Ween
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Re: Kick da hexbawx?

Is tonight some kind of shitpost holiday or something?

Rio

Smug Elliot Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That video was fantastic. Cheeky as hell, but fantastic.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
[youtube]BiUzaqOU06M[/youtube]

DON'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS?

THEN STICK WITH THE 360!

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
tumblr_modn1x52E31qk4hq1o1_500.png

So apparently, this isn't a fucking joke.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
[youtube]5v6B8EfJu3o[/youtube]

Love the rage in the comments section.

trip2themoon

Pleasant Conversationist.
kiwifarms.net
I bet Microsoft think the voice recognition will be on a par with a HAL 9000. Dave Bowman, Frank Poole, Haywood Floyd and Chandra were all intelligent doctors who spoke clearly and fluidly. I wonder how people from the deep south or a council estate in Glasgow will get on with it? Not very well I'm guessing if the iPhone is an indicator of how good today's voice recognition software is.

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
What's this shit about charging a fee for too many people being detected by the Kinect watching a rented movie?

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
Fibonacci said:
What's this shit about charging a fee for too many people being detected by the Kinect watching a rented movie?
It's a patent that MS filed a while ago, no one knows if it will be implemented in the Xbox One but at this point they may as well.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
I'm not really a gamer at all anymore, but what i think i'm hearing is that Microsoft released a disappointing, bloated product of questionable usability that's essentially crippled by iron-fisted licensing and ridiculous anti-piracy measures, which forces you to opt in to things that you have no interest in whatsoever?

that's shocking

i am shocked.

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
somejerk said:
I'm not really a gamer at all anymore, but what i think i'm hearing is that Microsoft released a disappointing, bloated product of questionable usability that's essentially crippled by iron-fisted licensing and ridiculous anti-piracy measures, and forces you to opt in to things that you have no interest in whatsoever?

that's shocking

i am shocked.
Shocked and appalled.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
Fibonacci said:
Shocked and appalled.

i'm actually a lot more appalled that anyone is surprised. I mean this kind of shit is what MS is infamous for, and how they essentially came to be. This is what they do. It's all they do! You can't stop them!!! They'll wade through you, reach down your throat and PULL YOUR FUCKIN' HEART OUT!!!

...but really, Microsoft always jerks people around in exactly this manner. Anyone remember the XP Hardware Abstraction Layer flipping out and blue screening your shit when you changed a hard drive or upgraded your CPU?