Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do) (A post about feelings)
    This announcement will be removed when I (hopefully) finalize my audit either today or tomorrow. I will follow it up with a mass email to all users linking the information in this announcement. So far, there has been no subsequent release of data.

huckbeine

Umu time
kiwifarms.net
Super late and gay to the thread, but I hope you all enjoy my super cold and lame fence-sitting take.
For me, in my opinion, even without "SJWs" in comics, the US comic industry will still collapse and shrink.

I think there are 2 major factors for this, one is that comics have now low value of entertainment per page/price vs other forms of entertainment, and the other is that a lot of creative people working in comics have no respect for their employers or lacking in perspective.

To elaborate, when I was working in comics, the artists complained that their pay is low and late as always, even though they turn in their manuscripts late and overdue. Not only that, but the art and story the submit is subpar. But when I point it out (not pointing out their art and story is shit), they said that they would turn in work faster if they get paid better. For me, they don't realize that the company is sacrificing alot and putting their trust on the artists. For me, it turns my stomach inside out that the artists are basically playing with with other people's money and delivering sub-par product. The company I worked for spends .8 Milion to print out 10000 copies of the comics, for a single issue. While its not much converted to USD, it is stil a lot of money I know a lot of artist have quite the ego, but if they have some bit of respect of their employers, they would realize that these comic publishers is placing a great deal of money on them and in return they should return that in kind with the best manuscript/art they can give on time.

Last edited:

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are also Batman Last Knight on Earth, Curse of the White Knight and Batman Who laughs in top 10. Batman hasn't been killed, if anything there is too much premium Batman content so it is natural that weakest offering starts going down bit by bit.
It's almost like a certain writer just can't write a compelling/interesting Batman. Almost.

I'm not going to do the exact numbers, but it's fallen close to 20% in sales in ~10 issues. Even after the disastrous PR around the hyped non marriage it was staying in the mid 90k sales range.
IIRC it stayed in the upper 90K range until the wedding issue, since that point forward it started drifting off into the lower 90K and dropped into the 80K range sometime a few months ago. It would zig zag a bit but it pretty much stayed below 92K.

EDIT:
I forgot, I do keep an Excel sheet to keep track of Batman's sales:
1565708042116.png

Last edited:

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's almost like a certain writer just can't write a compelling/interesting Batman. Almost.

IIRC it stayed in the upper 90K range until the wedding issue, since that point forward it started drifting off into the lower 90K and dropped into the 80K range sometime a few months ago. It would zig zag a bit but it pretty much stayed below 92K.

EDIT:
I forgot, I do keep an Excel sheet to keep track of Batman's sales:
View attachment 888893
I know that there's a ton of Batman sidestories and spin-offs out there, but it's still embarrassing to see how bad the main series is doing. Almost like King and his stories are cancer.

Speaking of which, how are those Bendis books doing?

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of which, how are those Bendis books doing?
Long story short, Bendis killed Superman worse than Doomsday.

I recently read Gail Simone's run in Batgirl, now I'm working through her Birds of Prey ... they're both actually really good ...
The thing about Whale Simone is that she's a trender. She'll jump on whatever social movement is currently popular in order to advance her career, but she's not really someone who is a true believer. For example, she talked a big game about feminism, but then you read her DC books and they were all T&A pandering. Its best to think of her as a Joss Whedon-type feminist: to Gail, women are nothing more than the shield she uses to defend herself from criticism.

Captain Ramius

One ping only, please...
kiwifarms.net
The thing about Whale Simone is that she's a trender. She'll jump on whatever social movement is currently popular in order to advance her career, but she's not really someone who is a true believer. For example, she talked a big game about feminism, but then you read her DC books and they were all T&A pandering. Its best to think of her as a Joss Whedon-type feminist: to Gail, women are nothing more than the shield she uses to defend herself from criticism.
I remember recently she got the trans community pissed at her because she did a joke in Plastic Man where he disguised himself as a woman but forgot to get rid of the bulge in his pants or something to that degree and that pissed them off. She apologized profusely, insisting that she was the bestest of best allies with the trans community but you can tell that she wanted to tell them, "Oh fuck off, it was a joke! Besides, how many of you actually BOUGHT the comic?"

Garm

kiwifarms.net
Hi. Late and Gay. I'll be taking a look this thread.

I've been checking out Comicsgate stuff lately. Do any of these guys have a solution to the "Status Quo is God" problem that corporate comics have? What is the point of having epic storylines if they don't actually change anything?

Reactions: Nippy

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
Oh lordy. Marvel comics just hired Zoe Quinn.

Well obviously the looked at how well things went at Vertigo and thought they'd have them some of that success.

Is Marvel's Comicsgate Derangement Syndrome so bad that they seriously think dousing themselves in gasoline is 'sticking it to comicsgate'?
Well you showed them Cebulski! :story:

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
Why the hell do they keep hiring these talentless weirdos? They don't make money, Marvel. Hire someone who makes money and fire the person who hired Quinn.
Allow me to put my tinfoil-hat on here.

This week you've had Waid & Zaid, comedy duo, appear out of the woodwork after months of silence and try to troll Comicsgate (hilarity ensued).
But Zaid was very pointed is suggesting that they had effectively shut Zack up. Like he was goading him to make a video.
Then Marvel hires Zoe Quinn.
I wonder what ideal video in their minds they would be eager for him to make?

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Allow me to put my tinfoil-hat on here.

This week you've had Waid & Zaid, comedy duo, appear out of the woodwork after months of silence and try to troll Comicsgate (hilarity ensued).
But Zaid was very pointed is suggesting that they had effectively shut Zack up. Like he was goading him to make a video.
Then Marvel hires Zoe Quinn.
I wonder what ideal video in their minds they would be eager for him to make?
An actual neo-nazi strawman because they're so dumb and insane that's the closest they can get to actually "winning", not that it'll ever happen because that requires Yaboi to not like his women like he loves his coffee in the first place.

And sure Marvel, spite hire a person whose book utterly failed and is just using you to try and make it into TV. Worked out well for Vertigo, in that they necked themselves shortly afterwards and died.

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Why the hell do they keep hiring these talentless weirdos? They don't make money, Marvel. Hire someone who makes money and fire the person who hired Quinn.
If you're Marvel, you can pick some worthless SJW piece of shit who couldn't sell water in the Sahara Desert, or some worthless SJW piece of shit named Zoe who couldn't sell water in the Sahara Desert. But if you picked Zoe you'd get your dick sucked.

Easy choice, if you're a soy boy at Marvel.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
Just Some Guy responded to Big Baby, and it is Glorious!

I wonder if this incident somehow makes its way into the Meyer v Waid case? It certainly shows Waid once again throwing around some pretty clear defamatory remarks with reckless disregard for not simply the truth, but reality itself.
How did this comic even get printed? I wouldn't be surprised if Waid decided to use the Waffen SS symbols for his hero group. There is no self awareness in this comic.

And Meyer sent the Facebook post to his lawyer for the reasons you point out.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino