Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

Wise Man

I know nothing.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 956400
Edit: You could also take this out of the story and you would lose nothing.
If William Clinton is still the president of the American Govt in hiding/resistance to the Swarm 20 years later, it is very relevant. The shadow over the legitimacy of his presidency and the knowledge of the people around him that he possibly skirted impeachment due to the invasion and their ambiguous loyalty to the office is a very interesting story hook.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
If William Clinton is still the president of the American Govt in hiding/resistance to the Swarm 20 years later, it is very relevant. The shadow over the legitimacy of his presidency and the knowledge of the people around him that he possibly skirted impeachment due to the invasion and their ambiguous loyalty to the office is a very interesting story hook.
if @FROG does that but with all the nonsense he's given Tim Lim over his goofy trump comedy books do you think Ethan wants to do that?

AriZona_LaD

I'm a 99¢ kinda guy
kiwifarms.net
I do not trust Ethan Van Sciver to write that story based on what I've read. It might be relevant in the next issue, it probably will, but it wasn't here. I have no problem with it as a premise, but Ethan's been talking a lot of shit about politics in comic books and I think this is just a bit hypocritical. Inserting "What if Bill Clinton survived the aliens" into the Frog book is weird considering Ethan's policy.

• Agree
Reactions: LateNightComics

northstar747

kiwifarms.net
I barely watch Yaboi and EVS anymore just out of 'I don't really care what's going on in Star Wars and MCU and MARVEL or DC comics' it's not them, it's just... I don't have the drive to listen to the same shit over and over.

I agree and i think like gamer gate etc. There are basically you tube channels shitting out sjw reeing on the reg for subs/money. You dont need 5+ videos about disney land star wars land sucks. But they are all competing with eachother.

It would be better if they waited for one big interesting story to drop or bundle up a bunch of the smaller ones. Also ever time i see run time of 10 minutes and some change i know they are padding the video.

I still like zack he s shown some good calls dont go on everyones live stream have a thesis for the video. Review a comic or have an up date he does have some sjw ree ing but its not all he does.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
No Lonestar for kickstarter fellas. I'm honestly surprised he thought kickstarter would ever deal with him after being a face for CG. But seriously though, fuck kickstarter, that letter is horseshit.

Mike S. Miller Free Thinker on Twitter_ _Hey team @kickstarter, it's _ - twitter.com.png

EF4-29LUwAAyyeH.pngEF4-29MUYAA74e-.jpgEF4-29NUwAAU_MO.jpgEF4-297U0AAYCCY.jpg

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 956400
Putting the president in your book is fine, but to put Bill Clinton in your book in this specific year at this specific time in this specific place doing this specific thing while you, the creator, say it's not political is BS @FROG. Just because it's a historical event doesn't mean it isn't political. It is a very political historical event.
And also saying "no statement is being made" is BS, you got your main character commenting on it. "It is wrong" -Cyberfrog 1998

But hey, this is only a problem if you think comics should be apolitical. Right Ethan?
Edit: You could also take this out of the story and you would lose nothing.
Cyberfrog is saying "It IS wrong" having not listened to whatever Clinton is saying, to Heather Swain laying about the house and watching a television powered by Kjell Sinn's heart.

President Clinton is in the story because this is the last moment in history that matches up with our IRL timeline. He doesn't even get to finish his confession about Monica. From here on out, the world changes, and nothing in our own history is going to match CyberFrog's world.

President Clinton is also in it, because, spoiler alert, he's STILL President of the United States when CyberFrog wakes up in the future. He's a fictionalized character in the book going forward.

Also the Female MC called it Disgusting
No, the only comment Heather makes about what she's watching is "Shh Froggie. This is important." She doesn't say it's "disgusting." That doesn't appear anywhere in the book.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
No, the only comment Heather makes about what she's watching is "Shh Froggie. This is important." She doesn't say it's "disgusting." That doesn't appear anywhere in the book.
Ill have to rewatch the video I saw it in. Thats what I thought I saw

((hard to tell the context while I am still waiting from my book and having to look at the fairly excellent art on other peoples youtubes))

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
No Lonestar for kickstarter fellas. I'm honestly surprised he thought kickstarter would ever deal with him after being a face for CG. But seriously though, fuck kickstarter, that letter is horseshit.
The lack of specificity is the most frustrating part.

Also, Comicsgate people need to stop relying on crowdfunding sites as their go-to merchant services companies.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got my Frog book in the mail, with the added luck that it did not get wet in the mists.

I must confess that the chromium cover is more visually impressive than I imagined it would be; I could maybe quibble that in some light angles the divots make it look like there's guff in the cracks, like a mild glue, but that's mainly under direct lighting. At an angle it has a sheen that really makes it pop out and look lovely. I'll give it a read when I'm more willing to open her up, since I kind of don't want to damage it at this moment.

@FROG , you couldn't make the deadline, but damn it if I can't say it's at least visually good looking, probably will get a tradebook of the old stories depending on how I like it, since I tend to believe you can make a good book either by its art or its writer. Does revive my interest in the Reignbow Brute concept though.

For example, the Volume 1 Thing comic reads like ass, but has great art that helps it into being good.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino