Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net

The pros are bitching about Kickstarter and looking for alternatives, but they'll too salty about CG to just use Indiegogo. Hey dumbasses, YaBoi, EVS and Doug are raking it in over there and you're refusing to go out of spite.
Imagine self sabotaging yourself because of an internet slapfight over comic books.

Nerds are God's shame.

elkinbub

kiwifarms.net
Also: they said it was because Mike was bros with YBZ and Malin
Who's they? Kickstarter themselves or CG dramawhore livestreamers looking to perversely "take credit" for Mike being deplatformed? "You should still be with us in CG, Mike! They're going to deplatform you anyway! Youse needa stick wit Unca Eethin fuh his pruteckshun!"

Does anyone actually think that Kickstarter would have let the book through if Mike was just some nobody?
I don't.
They saw that the bad guys were a Latino gang, and they saw that the good guy was a patriotic white guy, and that's enough for them to "literally can't even".

There's no conspiracy about it. It isn't about who's fake internet friends with who on Twitter and who stopped liking but not really liking, but "LIKE-liking" so-and-so. The 55yo manbabies care about this junior-high school drama stuff but KS doesn't. Look at Mike's comic on the face of it and of course KS busybodies are going to reject it.

Also in response to this it seems like Richard Meyer is lying and saying that he was banned by KS first. IIRC (and I'm 98% sure I do), Meyer was never banned from KS. He submitted Lost Souls there first, and it was accepted, and then he monkeyed (pun intended) around with the project settings enough that it automatically forced the project to be re-evaluated. He got nervous and frustrated because the re-evaluation was taking too long; he was afraid that SJWs were brigading KS, and maybe they were; so he just withdrew the project and put it up on IGG really quickly. Is there more to the story? Probably. But in early 2018 he never said "KS rejected my project". In fact, they approved it. Whether they would have rejected it on reevaluation, who knows. Maybe. At the time and before yesterday I never heard him say that KS rejected it at all, much less that they rejected it due to racial concerns. I'm pretty sure that would have been the SJW's line of attack to get the project deplatformed. But all of a sudden now in Oct 2019 Meyer is trying to lay claim to the fame of being deplatformed by KS first for that reason.

IDK, who the fuck knows.
Mike should have known better.
Half of me thinks that he thought he was going to get rejected at KS and did it just for the promo after the fact.
Either way, a lot of the EVS crew seems perversely happy about it.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Who's they? Kickstarter themselves or CG dramawhore livestreamers looking to perversely "take credit" for Mike being deplatformed? "You should still be with us in CG, Mike! They're going to deplatform you anyway! Youse needa stick wit Unca Eethin fuh his pruteckshun!"

Does anyone actually think that Kickstarter would have let the book through if Mike was just some nobody?
I don't.
They saw that the bad guys were a Latino gang, and they saw that the good guy was a patriotic white guy, and that's enough for them to "literally can't even".

There's no conspiracy about it. It isn't about who's fake internet friends with who on Twitter and who stopped liking but not really liking, but "LIKE-liking" so-and-so. The 55yo manbabies care about this junior-high school drama stuff but KS doesn't. Look at Mike's comic on the face of it and of course KS busybodies are going to reject it.

Also in response to this it seems like Richard Meyer is lying and saying that he was banned by KS first. IIRC (and I'm 98% sure I do), Meyer was never banned from KS. He submitted Lost Souls there first, and it was accepted, and then he monkeyed (pun intended) around with the project settings enough that it automatically forced the project to be re-evaluated. He got nervous and frustrated because the re-evaluation was taking too long; he was afraid that SJWs were brigading KS, and maybe they were; so he just withdrew the project and put it up on IGG really quickly. Is there more to the story? Probably. But in early 2018 he never said "KS rejected my project". In fact, they approved it. Whether they would have rejected it on reevaluation, who knows. Maybe. At the time and before yesterday I never heard him say that KS rejected it at all, much less that they rejected it due to racial concerns. I'm pretty sure that would have been the SJW's line of attack to get the project deplatformed. But all of a sudden now in Oct 2019 Meyer is trying to lay claim to the fame of being deplatformed by KS first for that reason.

IDK, who the fuck knows.
Half of me thinks that he thought he was going to get rejected at KS and did it just for the promo after the fact.
YaBoi got the same letter Mike did and HP Collage leaked that email to Richard Pace

MementoMalum

Vae Victis
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine self sabotaging yourself because of an internet slapfight over comic books.

Nerds are God's shame.
I wonder if they're afraid that their campaigns would raise less than the ComicsGaters. That would be the humiliation of humiliations, if some ex-Marine with a shitty mic and a hacking cough could outraise the comics industry professionals.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
The pros are bitching about Kickstarter and looking for alternatives, but they'll too salty about CG to just use Indiegogo. Hey dumbasses, YaBoi, EVS and Doug are raking it in over there and you're refusing to go out of spite.
Has any more info come out about the Kickstarter firing for unionising story that got all of the garbage creators to sign a petition? IIRC the people they fired were the same type to sit around bitching on twitter all day and calling people Nazi's at a drop of a hat. Like that nutter @annnanovichova just posted who went on to piss and moan about Oni/lion being 100% racist/misognist/etc because her useless arse got fired. I wouldn't believe them for a second without more information

FROG

Ethan van Sciver
kiwifarms.net
I got my Frog book in the mail, with the added luck that it did not get wet in the mists.

I must confess that the chromium cover is more visually impressive than I imagined it would be; I could maybe quibble that in some light angles the divots make it look like there's guff in the cracks, like a mild glue, but that's mainly under direct lighting. At an angle it has a sheen that really makes it pop out and look lovely. I'll give it a read when I'm more willing to open her up, since I kind of don't want to damage it at this moment.

@FROG , you couldn't make the deadline, but damn it if I can't say it's at least visually good looking, probably will get a tradebook of the old stories depending on how I like it, since I tend to believe you can make a good book either by its art or its writer. Does revive my interest in the Reignbow Brute concept though.

For example, the Volume 1 Thing comic reads like ass, but has great art that helps it into being good.
Oh, I'm glad you got yours!

Yeah, the old 90's stuff is being reprinted mainly for fan-service. People are curious and want to investigate those books, but they're just not very good. Nihilistic, aimless, dumb...the art is okay in places, awful in others.

But those books are hard to find, and extremely expensive right now on the secondary market, so I might as well repackage them, make a few bucks and make some readers happy.

I don't.

IDK, who the fuck knows.

The truth about that is, KICKSTARTER rejected Zack.

We suppressed that information as long as we could in order to not poison our next move, IndieGoGo. I think Zack made up a little story about that, and yeah, he got beat up for fibbing about it when some former ComicsGater that he trusted leaked the email Kickstarter sent to Zack to the Renfamous crowd.

Now, just about every professional within ComicsGate knows this fact, and so we've stood in solidarity with Zack and Jon Malin in not offering Kickstarter our business.

Mike S. Miller knew it too, but laughed it off.

He had a handful of reasons to try KS, one of which was that he didn't have any unfulfilled projects there, and imagined they'd pay him out within a month.

Of course they bounced him too.

Is it funny? It's mildly amusing, yes.

Last edited:

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net
We suppressed that information as long as we could in order to not poison our next move, IndieGoGo. I think Zack made up a little story about that, and yeah, he got beat up for fibbing about it when some former ComicsGater that he trusted leaked the email Kickstarter sent to Zack to the Renfamous crowd.
I'm amused KS allows stuff like this:

Tamer: King of Dinosaurs Book 6-- Ebook, print, and audio
Better than any other novels you've ever read or listened to.

while banning Zach's superheroes saving King Kong from exploitation. Oh, the misogynerdery of it all. Earle was banned for life from publishing his books on Amazon for undetermined reasons, hence his move to KickStarter. The guy clearly has fans for his fapfics, so more power to him. I"m just a little surprised Kickstarter is okay with what is literally haremfic.

annnanovichova

kiwifarms.net
Has any more info come out about the Kickstarter firing for unionising story that got all of the garbage creators to sign a petition? IIRC the people they fired were the same type to sit around bitching on twitter all day and calling people Nazi's at a drop of a hat. Like that nutter @annnanovichova just posted who went on to piss and moan about Oni/lion being 100% racist/misognist/etc because her useless arse got fired. I wouldn't believe them for a second without more information
I haven't been following closely, TBH. Tho I see them all sperging in particular and general. Just nothing we haven't seen, tbh, comrades. To the point, when it's actually boring.

Screenshot_20191005-013739_Twitter.jpg

NSA

kiwifarms.net
How short is Cecil? He seems to be an inch or two shorter than Waid. Battle of the manlets!

Speaking of manlets, I'm pretty sure Mike was testing the waters with KS and had a plan lain out for getting rejected. It's a good publicity move, lots of twitter attention for it.

Also, this nigger @FROG is trying to sell me 3 more copies of the same book I bought twice already and received zero of so far.

Attachments

Odets

kiwifarms.net
Can you provide that e-mail? Because without it, it kind of sounds like you're jumping on a newly developed scandal and trying to claim victimhood for something old without proof oh that happening. Like the #MeToo movement

TheSoutherStar

kiwifarms.net
Can you provide that e-mail? Because without it, it kind of sounds like you're jumping on a newly developed scandal and trying to claim victimhood for something old without proof oh that happening. Like the #MeToo movement
jeez 30 seconds on google will show you the rejection and zack's reply appeal:

DoZpCXoVsAUUEfd.jpg

This screenshot is verified by zack btw, it came from that HP girl and passed around by richard pace and company.

Odets

kiwifarms.net
jeez 30 seconds on google will show you the rejection and zack's reply appeal:
Why would I search for something other people should bring?

As for the letter itself. Ok, sure it exists, but thevreason for keeping it a secret sounds dumb. Why would IGG care about the ban if there were worse rumors about Zack floating around? Why keep it a secret for so long and not expose KS? It still feels like an atempt to pilein on the controversy, that's all.

Last edited:

TheSoutherStar

kiwifarms.net
Why would I search for something other people should bring?
Because spending 30 seconds on google is the least you could do before spouting easily disprovable accusations like “jumping on a newly developed scandal”. I don’t follow the CG thread all that much but these past events and screenshots are pretty much common knowledge already.

As for the letter itself. Ok, sure it exists, but thevreason for keeping it a secret sounds dumb. Why would IGG care about the ban if there were worse rumors about Zack floating around? Why keep it a secret for so long and not expose KS? It still feels like an atempt to pilein on the controversy, that's all.
I don’t know if you are being intentionally naive or what but anybody could see why zack’s group were afraid of being deplatformed on both KS and IGG at the time. But granted you didn’t even know of the jawbreakers KS incident, you might ot not have been around to know why the whole hiding thing was done in the first place.

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If they were honest they'd admit that this is about strong-arming development staff into supporting the union so that the community staff (read: useless morons) can ensure that they can't be fired for corruption or incompetence.
And again with these SJW "unions" they don't understand why a union can work or who it can work for. It doesn't work for worthless SJW employees who are only employed because they're dirt cheap by some Disney-owned IP garden that just exists so they continue using trademarked characters "in commerce" and keep them alive, and will only spend the absolute bare minimum to do that.

There are any number of utter speds who can be recruited to replace all these clowns if they all quit or died in a fire or otherwise disappeared tomorrow.

For a union you need employees who are actually difficult to replace.

Also for a union you need to be able to get the union to strike if necessary, while at the same time maintaining the ability not to be replaced, either by just being irreplaceable (good luck with that) or by literally beating the fucking hell out of anyone who tries (and good luck to these soy boys with that since they are not Teamsters).

A successful labor union can apply either leverage or outright force, or both.

kidatari

Super Pimp
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if they're afraid that their campaigns would raise less than the ComicsGaters. That would be the humiliation of humiliations, if some ex-Marine with a shitty mic and a hacking cough could outraise the comics industry professionals.
A good prime example is the crowdfund for that Deadbeats comic book done by a group of leftist whom work in the comic book industry.
And I think it took them 3 weeks or so to meet their goal of I think $25K
But at the same time, TUG was also promoting his comic book through crowdfunding
And I think he made $25k in about a week or so and kept making much more in the following weeks

That right there, makes Deadbeats group look like a damn joke and also that they were beaten by a damn normie. The same goes with Trump becoming president.

And also proves, that SJW are mostly disliked, they have a small fan base, most of their base are not loyal in spending money or are cheap and only care about pushing their shitty bullshit ideology that most people hate.

so, yeah, I would love to see these leftisit comic book people do some crowdfund. Cause it would be fun to see how many of them make less funding than Ya Boi Zach

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino