Infected #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Don’t worry. Of course some sped tagged EVS in the comments and now he’s in there causing a stir. Also, I remember seeing those EVS DMs a while back. They’re pretty old at this point but people pretty eagerly forgot them.

Attachments for EVS’ tweet aren’t working so here’s the archive.

This shit is so fucking played. Comic Industry crashing and burning and these speds act like before.

FFS Marvel, reign in your people and those making creative (...feel free to insert quotations marks around that word) decisions

Okay, I looked thru there. What's with the civilian bullshit. Last time I checked he's a bitch that lives in LA and wishes he worked in Hollywood. Twitter's not war, your not a warrior.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Is he using a different ink? Because those can have different weights. It also might be due to a different paper too, since those have different load capacities.

Still, kudos for him to tell his backers; I didn't back either, but then the idea and previews felt too much like an inside joke not for me.
Zack isn't 100% sure, but according to this comment, the issue was resolution
Vm Re said:
that moire has to do with the size of the dot of the gray tones patterns and the printing resolution, you have to put the correct size of dot. for example if you make a file that looks correct in the computer but then resize it , then the dot pattern gets al moired when printed. I you change the size of the document you have to make all the dot patterns again. etc.
Also yeah, this is one of the reasons I like Zack, he keeps his backers very much in the loop on any issues that come up. Not many creators would give a play by play of whatever problems they're having.

Okay, I looked thru there. What's with the civilian bullshit. Last time I checked he's a bitch that lives in LA and wishes he worked in Hollywood. Twitter's not war, your not a warrior.
As we've learned over the years, a lot of these guys have an unwarranted level of self-importance over making funny books

Gee Willows Wilson!

Holy Hijab, Ms. Marvel!
kiwifarms.net
Agreed, I don't get the whole 'civilian' thing... he sounds like an absolute Looney Toon. (no offense @KingofNothing )
"I wrote a shite Punisher run during a shite 'War of Realms' event... I AM YOUR KING!" You cease being a civilian when you speak to him... I have no words.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
More coof news:
Marvel and DC still "working on a plan"
Dark horse knows that digital is shit and won't save them
DC EiC made a business as usual statement to some freelancers, still haven't made any real public statements.
Marvel extended Diamonds payment period

Last edited:

Smug Freiza

Muh 6 gorrillion Namekians is Saiyan propaganda.
kiwifarms.net
The Brand campaign is officially over, time to see how Antonio did for his second bookView attachment 1203792
Big oofs. This a far cry from what they got on the first campaign. A drop of 83% in funding and 90% of their backers(granted that was over a year). If we want be generous with the time frame, it was roughly 71% and 83% respectively, so still not good. This is why you don't launch your sequel before people even get their hands on the first book. I also want to hear more about he was considering giving out the first book for free, digitally when people still don't have the damn thing. That's pure exceptionalism.

View attachment 1203794
Yeah Brand 2 bombed pretty hard, I backed the first campaign twice but didn't touch this campaign. I've read the digital PDF that Antonio sent out and similar to Lonestar and Graveyard Shift I could only describe it as mediocre. Not terrible, not great just mediocre. Caanan White's art is superb and I can't really criticize the script, but one problem was that Antonio introduced far to many characters in the first issue. I was constantly having to go back to previous pages to remind myself who was who. He could have cut the number of characters in half and there still would have been too many.

I think there are multiple reasons this one bombed.
-The first Brand remains unfulfilled.
-The free PDF pissed off a lot of the digital backers (even though it was only to physical backers, so even if the digital backers didn't back, they wouldn't have received anything anyway.)
-There was very little promotion of Brand 2, I'm not sure I see Antonio anywhere else plugging his book.
-No stretch goals to encourage the campaign higher and create a sense of value for backers.
-Too many variant covers, none of which were especially good. Theres an EVS variant which hasn't even been shown (probably because he hasn't drawn it yet.)
-Too much competition. Iron Sights 2, The Expendables, Blade Devil, Unfrogettable Tales, Rekt Planet, Cash Grab and many others are still active or launched during Brands run.
-The price of the book went up from $15 to $25, although to be fair to Antonio he did increase the page count from 48 (Brand) to 60 in the sequel.
-All the infighting and drama within CG causing certain factions to form, although as far as I know Antonio keeps away from drama so perhaps this point could negligible.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Remember, 99% these worms only make like 12k-24k A YEAR. You actually gain as a whole more money working a part time shift at a McDonald's than in comics. These cunts only can get away with it because they either have a lot of money already and can bum it for a while to try and make it into film, or are leeches off of a parent or spouse who pays the bills.

They don't help by being so retarded they move to New York or Cali.

Sure Ethan has a lot of personal faults and enables gay ops, but he basically made basically their whole life of income if they stick with comics with just two books. Far more successful, and as a whole a better reception for the comics. I will not deny how fucking stupid the modern industry (which will die thanks to Wuhan Flu) is.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Remember, 99% these worms only make like 12k-24k A YEAR. You actually gain as a whole more money working a part time shift at a McDonald's than in comics.
It's hilarious these morons dunk on EVS for making more money than ten of them even while they literally do everything possible to wipe him out of existence. Cancel this, bitches.

Dave.

My sexuality is too complex to label. Novisexual
kiwifarms.net
FFS Marvel, reign in your people and those making creative (...feel free to insert quotations marks around that word) decisions

It's this behavior and respect to customers that makes me believe that a law or a business policy needs to be passed/normalized that clearly states if someone is representing themselves on social media or wherever else as a member or a creator of a product/business, they need to maintain a personal conduct or they just not need to represent themselves at all. Because all this is going to do is drive away customers, plummet investor confidence to the point that NOBODY wants to invest and move to higher grounds, and it's going to cause splash damage to other employees involved. I've seen this behavior in gaming and hollywood, but for whatever reason, comics seem to be where it's the most aggressive and pervasive.

Reactions: Sug Benis

Gee Willows Wilson!

Holy Hijab, Ms. Marvel!
kiwifarms.net
Renfamous, sweet child... I remember when she was a real thorn in CG side, busting nuts left and right, her ass cheeks getting red from all the patting... Then she made the mistake of getting her fat face on Youtube and suckling at the teat of a dying industry. How'd your book do, love?

Really? G Willow Wilson? What has she even done since Ms. Marvel got rid of her? Kate Leth? Nigga, WHO?!

And this dingus here really with the "Captain Marvel was generally okay!" as the big victory you're going for? Have these morons really sunk so low that they are down at the 'Captain Marvel excitement' rhetoric? DVD/Blu-Ray sales were FUCKING AWFUL, the toys were on sale before the movie hit theaters, they still can't sell the fuckers. Day one reported numerous 'pre-sale' tickets not being claimed... Disney pulled strings so hard just to get her past a billion... So let's not pretend like Captain Marvel was actually a success. Also, ignore all the other shit they got right, especially regarding Star Wars.

Ren, you've quoted me before, so I know you lurk here. Cut your losses sweetie, Joey Q ain't giving yo us bone everytime you 'pwn the Retardicans' anymore. Your book sucked. You've done nothing else with your life, to the point where even Cecil got your ass to run off.

Reactions: boofit