Minecraft -

You guys hear about the new update? They're finally adding a new boss after like 7 or 8 years.
Yea that shit looks sick, I hope it works differently from the nether tho. You know how you have to find new undiscovered part of the nether in order to get the new biomes? I hope they can just add all the 1.17 updates into the world without effecting any builds. Cause it'd suck trying to find a new cave biome on the server when the nearest 10,000 blocks have already been loaded in by some player.

Nauseated Courgi

Spontaneously Alive and Well
kiwifarms.net
You guys hear about the new update? They're finally adding a new boss after like 7 or 8 years.
The Warden isn't a boss. At best it's a mini-boss, but yeah can't wait for that.

Excuse the double post as I post a video from one of the devs giving us a closer look at the cave generation:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coolio55

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)> KIRBY DANCE
kiwifarms.net
I hope you can use crystals to make something cool not just a telescope considering how rare they're supposed to be

They did say something about making exploring/travel more easy and encouraging having disparate bases and my first thought was a little OP but I hope they do it.

I hope they'll add an official mechanism for survival teleporters.

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
I hope you can use crystals to make something cool not just a telescope considering how rare they're supposed to be

They did say something about making exploring/travel more easy and encouraging having disparate bases and my first thought was a little OP but I hope they do it.

I hope they'll add an official mechanism for survival teleporters.
I'm more concerned about Optifine and the Telescope.

Yeah, yeah, "don't use Optifine's zoom if you want to use the telescope" but it's obvious that Optifine's Zoom is far superior to vanilla as you can use it free of charge, no effort needed.

FeatherDuster

words
kiwifarms.net
Java edition users are being forced to move to microsoft accounts for "2 factor authentication". what bullshit.
https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/java-edition-moving-house (archive)

The account migration is "mandatory", and if you don't do it in time you're locked out of your minecraft account forever. Imagine just barely missing the fucking deadline. What's next, they bring minecoins to java?

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
Java edition users are being forced to move to microsoft accounts for "2 factor authentication". what bullshit.

The account migration is "mandatory", and if you don't do it in time you're locked out of your minecraft account forever. Imagine just barely missing the fucking deadline. What's next, they bring minecoins to java?
Don't know how to feel about it myself, but according to them this won't affect the game itself, so while it's offputting it's nothing serious.

TurkishOreo

Legendary cream and more cacao
kiwifarms.net
I currently have half an amor set of netherite and nether pick & sword.
Except the armor is it worth it to make a netherite axe?

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
My Minecraft account better not still be connected to the email I had when I was 10 because if it is I’m gonna throw hands, since my laptop is busted it’s been long enough since I last played java edition that I’ve genuinely forgotten lmao

can't be worse than trying to recover a microsoft account. ms genius solution? "just make a new account bro!"

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
Good News Everyone!

image.png

Basil II

A BOMB.
kiwifarms.net

I literally can't imagine how this is legal, imagine paying notch $20 ten years ago and being locked out of your game you've had for over a decade because they want to merge all their data tracking to one account.

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
This is a several days late, but whatever, new snapshot!

image.jpg

This new snapshot introduces the new block from the biome vote a while back. It also makes some changes as well!

• The new "Powder Snow" block
    • It looks nearly identical to the snow block​
    • When the player or any wandering mob step on the block, they'll sink into it​
    • When you are submerged in the block you will slowly gain the new "Freezing" effect.​
    • Wearing leather helps prevent you from falling into it.​
  • The "Freezing" Effect
    • This is an effect you get from being submerged in the powder snow block.​
    • While you have this effect, you slowly take damage over time.​
    • Leaving the snow will cause this effect to quickly fade.​
    • If you wear a full set of leather armor, you will be immune to the effect.​
All the textures of the blocks and items from the previous snapshot were changed.

Last edited:

FeatherDuster

words
kiwifarms.net
Are you guys ready to be banned from Minecraft?
Screenshot_2020-11-24 Why have I been banned from Minecraft (1).png

Screenshot_2020-11-24 Why have I been banned from Minecraft (2).png

Sure, it says that it's not in Java for now, but with the impending microsoft account migration, be prepared to get banned from fucking Minecraft.

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
Are you guys ready to be banned from Minecraft?
View attachment 1747414
View attachment 1747415

Sure, it says that it's not in Java for now, but with the impending microsoft account migration, be prepared to get banned from fucking Minecraft.
This is definitely questionable. Especially given how loose the definition of some of these offenses can be. Also, Realms too? What about when you're hosting a small private servers with your friends?

I'll take their word for and hope that this is a feature stays in Bedrock edition. Besides, despite owning a bedrock game (got for free for being a old minecraft user), I'm not much of an edgelord online anyway so I got nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

The Real SVP

kiwifarms.net
I am perfectly fine with Microsoft banning people from their online services, as long as the single-player components still work. What I am not fine with is that there are no alternatives to Microsoft's online services for the bedrock edition. You don't need Microsoft for the java edition, because you can still run your own game- and auth-servers. With the bedrock edition you lose all access to any online features, even servers you own, if Microsoft bans you from their auth-server.