Runescape - welcome back to 2007 motherfuckers

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
Recently got back into the game due to the mobile release. Honestly this is the perfect platform for me to be able to enjoy this game on and I'm digging it. I dont have time to tether myself to a pc or tv set to play a game so mobile is great.

• Feels
  • Informative
Reactions: Slap47 and mrdk_04

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Nice job Jagex. "Accidentally" added a twisted bow (the second most expensive item in the game) spawner next to the farming guild and QA team somehow "missed" it in testing.

For an hour, Jagex promised they would deal with the problem "manually" even though countless tbows were sold on the GE and bought and plunged their price to 500m and lower. What would be done with all the other items in the GE going wild? Items bought with t-bow selling proceeds? Will items bought from someone selling a t-bow be refunded or are they just out of the game?

Instead of turning the game off when they noticed a tbow spawning on the ground, they said "nah we need to keep the game going so we don't ruin the online experience. We're gonna block it with some trees as a hotfix." So they kept it on for an hour, now it's shut down, now they're saying they're gonna deal with the problem with a roll-back, finally.

Do they test updates anymore? First they "update" with poincurses that turns every stackable item into max cash when you get killed in PvP, then they change it so you can save your autosaved spell with a staff, but they broke all staffs from being able to autocast or cast spells at all!
It's nice to see that Jagex hasn't changed.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
I used to play, but I went old, old school. Played back when it was first released around 2001/2002, and stopped around that same time. Why I thought it was so fulfilling clicking on rocks for ore constantly I'll never know. Griefing newbies by luring them out to the wilderness was fun though

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Vote on a new skill?

Add new skills without developing what already exists? Guess they haven't learned from OS3.

Arachnophile

"Stupid, sexy, spidergirls."
kiwifarms.net
I've never gotten into the post-game side activities of OsRunescape (Godwars, Kalphite Queen, etc.); I was always a scrictly dedicated Quester and coal-miner. However I got bored recently and logged back into an account where I had finished all the F2P content so I decided to get membership for a few months. Anyone mind recommending me some side activities to build towards?

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've never gotten into the post-game side activities of OsRunescape (Godwars, Kalphite Queen, etc.); I was always a scrictly dedicated Quester and coal-miner. However I got bored recently and logged back into an account where I had finished all the F2P content so I decided to get membership for a few months. Anyone mind recommending me some side activities to build towards?
Check out the achievement diaries. There are four levels of difficulty and there is a dedicated set of diaries for every zone in the game, e.g. Desert, Falador, Wilderness, etc. Each step requires some task, skill, or quest to complete and you get some nice rewards from finishing them.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

OSRS is reaching peak autism.

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
Let my members run out about a month ago and need to get off my butt and renew it. I still have like 20k d bones to use at the altar.

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net
RSDiversity.png
OH NONONONO

This also ruins a famous quest in Pollnivneach called The Feud, where you are asked to find the nephew of Ali Morissane, who is also named "Ali". This turns into a wild goose chase as everyone in Pollnivneach is named Ali as well.

Only a matter of time before they turn their eye towards OSRS

Peasant

kiwifarms.net
I was really excited to hear about the mining and smithing rework a while back since smithing was always my favorite skill, but even OSRS has changed so much from what I played as a kid that it would just make me sad.

OH NONONONO
Oh lawd, well I guess it was coming considering where Jagex is based. "Various NPCs in Karamja have been given more appropriate titles." I have no clue what this could be referring to. Are they suggesting that depicting low-tech tribal societies is offensive?

DanteAlighieri

I hate commies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1160423
OH NONONONO

This also ruins a famous quest in Pollnivneach called The Feud, where you are asked to find the nephew of Ali Morissane, who is also named "Ali". This turns into a wild goose chase as everyone in Pollnivneach is named Ali as well.

If they try this in osrs I bet it'll fail the poll but be pushed through anyway.

Acrid Alchemist

kiwifarms.net
Oh lawd, well I guess it was coming considering where Jagex is based. "Various NPCs in Karamja have been given more appropriate titles." I have no clue what this could be referring to. Are they suggesting that depicting low-tech tribal societies is offensive?
Apparently "Savage" and "Tribesman" are imperialistic no no speech. They had to become even more generic crap like "Wandering Warrior"

After the loss of the "Ali" joke the biggest loss is Sliske's "I identify as a scalie" comment if you ask him to seduce a dragonkin. The furries were fine with it but some exceptional individual redditor thought it was a reference to the attack helicopter meme and thus it is verboten in social justice land.

In brighter news Archaeology is in about a month and that might be cool maybe. Please don't fuck it up Jagex.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was really excited to hear about the mining and smithing rework a while back since smithing was always my favorite skill, but even OSRS has changed so much from what I played as a kid that it would just make me sad.

How long until they change the Gypsy and Merchant?

Book Thievery

Literature Liberator
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1160423
OH NONONONO

Real glad I quit playing it years ago. God forbid you poke a harmless jab at anyone who isn't a straight white male, like naming every character in Middle East stand-in the same name. It's like these demographics who complain about this shit have skin as thin and frail as a sheet of paper that's been left out in a thunderstorm.

TANK JESUS

getgetgetgetgotgotgotgot
kiwifarms.net
I gambled my cashstack away for the fuck of it to quit this horrible game
guess you can't actually ever quit this game

1584952725947.png

Reactions: Shugo