Bigot Brigade Something Awful and Friends - The roller-coaster train-wreck embarrassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant and its tick offspring like from Cloverfield

• 💣🐕 Some attachments and thumbnails are missing because they were accidentally soft-deleted in the file storage server. However, my file system is revisioned, which means they can be rolled back and restored, but I will have to write a script to do this automatically. Sorry. New files and attachments uploaded are safe and will not be impacted by maintenace.

Ilmseil

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1419951

This is what Jose looks like
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jackie-coogan-as-uncle-fester-john-springfield.jpg

Learned Hand

kiwifarms.net
Since people are using the GDN/SA Discord as a liferaft escaping SA proper, I would be remiss if I didn't repost what I said about it earlier:

The Rise

The Goon Discord Network is probably the only "sanctioned" offsite ever by SA and lowtax specifically. It was founded in 2015, principally to leverage the number of active goons foregoing forum posting to create their own dedicated communities and tether them all together. The GDN was controlled by a bot called authbot, which was popular because it could automatically verify which discord users had an active SA account, and a ban on one GDN server because of bad behavior or because of an SA siteban could be filtered down to all the connected servers.

The primary progenitors of the GDN were Tempus Thales (TT) and IAmKale. They later came to Kimsemus to manage most of the community and settle what the actual rules would be, and hoped he would attract some of the more fringe/fragmented groups at the same time. The initial rule structure essentially allowed each GDN server to moderate as they saw fit, while the main Something Awful Discord server (3000+ users) would be more or less hands-off, as kind of a free speech zone. This, of course, was comically optimistic.

Since this predated much of the political and troon drama on SA, the original moderator team was pretty diverse: a mix of SA mods, users, BMW/WTT members, and even some prominent posters from forums like TGRS. For awhile, things were good. TaylorSwift (the most engaged moderator), and by proxy TT actually managed to keep discussion open and stamp out rabble for awhile. But trouble was brewing, even if most people didn't know it. Most people expected an honest deal from TT, but that wasn't what they were getting. TT wasn't stupid though, and kept most things behind closed doors.

And so it was, for a time. At this point, there were 200 discord servers on the network with tens of thousands of users. But, as you might have guessed, troons ruin everything.

The Fall

Late in 2018, TT plugged Lowtax's discord server into the GDN, and began leaning on people hard to join it and participate. This irked a lot of users, because despite wanting to hang out with other goons, few of them actually liked lowtax at all. Most people discovered this because GDN had a never used ping feature, which raised a few obvious questions around what else the bot may be able to do. Some alleged the bot may even be used for spying, which TT/Kale denied. Despite suspicion, they never released the source code for the bot -- yet.

Early in March of 2019, with politics at a fevered pitch, goons began to post about killing themselves. Later, in a rare rally of support for their own, TT decided to plug in a "cry for help" function on the GDN, where someone could reach out to other goons if they were feeling brave and deciding to off themselves.

1584115634547.png

Now, this doesn't seem like a bad idea, except it exposed a flaw in the bot: joining that role, because of mismanaged bot permissions, also gave access to the admin-only channel. Only a select few handpicked conspirators, assigned a hidden role via the GDNbot, could do so.

It would be discovered that TT, Kale, Serious Overchill (SRSOC) founder FAT32 and a handful of others essentially used this channel as their gestapo channel, to essentially set up other people for character assassination and banning. You could surmise the common reason why: they didn't like their real world politics, which had nothing to do with GDN.

TaylorSwift, as the defacto head of BMW, was the first they appeared to plot against:

1584115953422.png

The only thing holding them back at that point was that they couldn't quite get their global ban system working. They did soon after this though, and once they were sure it could be a total purge, Taylor was banned, not because he didn't do his job as moderator (he was, by all accounts, the most active one on the server) but because his opinions weren't in lockstep with the new trans agenda FAT32 and others were pushing.

With Taylor gone, Kimsemus had to go next, as he was vocally outraged in public about the clamp on free speech. From what I saw, he quoted more than once the original "rules" of the GDN network and SA Discord, demanding an open space for discussion. TT publicly supported him, but in the private "admin" channel:

1584116154315.png

The "small problem" left behind were other posters that had a non-conforming political bend. Again, not rabble rowsers, not people who flooded the discords or caused problems, but people expressing opinions they didn't like.

1584116244051.png

Ironically, this ended up having a catastrophic effect. Rounding up an executing anyone they didn't agree with actually left the server with something of an activity problem. Posting and activity decreased dramatically. To give you context, this was around the time of the Conan Exiles drama from my previous lorepost, and TT goes in on Kimsemus in a screenshot TT posts in his secret channel, angry that -- BMW wasn't PVPing on behalf of a Discord server instead of their community group:

1584116412085.png

It's worth noting that TT, Kale, and FAT32 had all also shared almost all their PII in this channel. Names, phone numbers, e-mails, etc. I believe there is an old post in this very thread that touches on that.

THE FALL: REVENGENCE

Rather than just admit they messed up a role on the bot -- TT and Kale go into overdrive. They blame not the bot for the channel leak, but claim BMW members had somehow "hacked" the bot and spilled all the channel info.

Again -- there was no hack. It was literally just a mis-programmed role in the bot, and they knew it:

1584116594098.png

Kale immediately began trying to figure out what they did wrong, but this didn't stop the lies. Realizing if people ever questioned the bot, they would get rid of it. Why they didn't want this would become apparent soon, but in the meantime, with all the troublemakers gone, they needed a new scapegoat, so they blamed FAT32 for...somehow helping BMW hack the bot...?

The result? FAT32 is banned from the very trans community he started, SRSOC, by his fellow admin, who was trying to get rid of him anyway, for not being COMPLETELY behind the most radical elements of their trans agenda:

1584116703605.png

Knowing the reality of the situation, they then began purging all the moderator logs from SRSOC anyway:

1584116757441.png

When questioned, instead of admitting what they also knew to be true, and needed the excuse to execute a problematic founder, they also blamed BMW:

1584116805992.png

1584116823648.png

In their desperation to figure out how this happened, they turned back to Kimsemus, to figure out what REALLY happened. TT posted this explanation publicly:

1584116925098.png

None of this post was strictly true, as it turns out. Through either just sheer bad luck for Kale and TT, or some kind of goonie intervention, Kimsemus had been patching things up with BMW, whom he had split with for some time. When they welcomed him back, apparently, they showed him what had really been going on. Kimsemus had no knowledge of the secret channel, no knowledge of the coordinated hits on his friends, and had trusted what TT was telling him. We know this because BMW put together a PDF document outlining their evidence on what happened, titled wideboys.pdf. They laid out the entire case for what happened, and then dumped it into the world for anyone to see. Their evidence was damning.

Kimsemus, in public, on the main SA Discord server, dropped a bomb:

1584117432477.png

In response to someone asking if the bot was safe to use, Kimsemus said:

"GDN has been compromised from the start

there was nothing going on in any GDN server that a central group of people didn't know about

Eventually people will figure out why certain people were banned, and others never were, it took people, what, a year of [Party Plane Jones] being a coolposter on an unsecured BMW discord before he got outted as maybe...not being their guy? Want to know how many other mods aren't either?"
TT didn't respond for over an hour, and banned Kimsemus from the entire network and purged all of his posts, but by then it was too late. Before TT could act, Kimsemus posted the logging script TT had inserted into the bot that allowed him access to every channel, on every server, that GDN was on. All 200. Public or private channels. Everything. My belief was that once BMW all put their heads together and pieced all the info, what was going on was clear. BMW forming VOLTRON and combining their powers, as it turned out, appeared to be as horrifying to the troon agenda as they always said it would be. Their entire intelligence gathering apparatus had been destroyed -- at the same time staff members were being purged from SA and throwing the site into chaos. Without doing anything, once again, it seemed invisible internet nazis had struck a mortal blow.

TT actually admitted this backdoor existed in a moment of anger, but it didn't come to light until he began doing damage control on the SA thread:

1584117827926.png

It wasn't long after until the accusations began piling in -- TT talking in channels he shouldn't have had access to via the bot, knowing things he shouldn't have, etc. The secret was out. Kale finally posted an edited version of the bot source code, but the truth was already there.

GDN was never about community. It was about control. It was about making sure the right kind of opinions were allowed, and the others removed.

It's old ground at this point, but once again, goons ended up impaling themselves on their own swords, trying to root out nazi posters that don't exist. GDN fell off the map. Almost all active servers jettisoned the bot -- 130 in the first week. The SA Discord is a ghost town.

And thus, my friends, the rise and fall of the Goon Discord Network.

It's worth noting that since I made that post, the general strategy by TT is to make it seem outwardly he's not involved with GDN/SA Discord at all and that Kale has exclusive control of the whole system -- which is untrue, TT has administrator and server owner on the SA Discord, and has total control of the bot.

1593610949229.png

Ad By Khad is a grifter and a fool, but like a broken clock being right twice a day, he has been correct in calling out GDN for what it is: A compromised bot, littered with backdoors, which people actively use to spy on other servers in the network and gather damaging information about people.

We should remember the baseline function of GDN: It links your SA account to your discord account and then automatically cross references all your activity and posting. Servers that use the bot cede over all authorization control to the bot itself, which can and does override server level permissions because the bot itself is a server admin -- something neither Kale nor TT like to be up front about. The bot has access to all hidden and archived channels, and when it is installed it archives all past, present, and future posts. TT and Kale and whoever else they choose have access to all these posts, and as my older post illustrates, TT has hooks installed into this archive that search for keywords and send alerts to interested parties when phrases or words begin to crop up.

When they were called out on this months ago, and goons demanded the bot source code, it took Kale 4 hours to post it because he cut out entire sections of the code, as pointed out by other users. The same website that hosts https://goondiscordnetwork.com/ hosts that archive/database of posts. Nothing anyone posts anywhere on this network is private.

In recent weeks, the narrative has shifted by Kale that GDN was never compromised, only a subservient bot called "brobot," yet, as the screenshots in my original post show, this isn't the case and doesn't explain how TT knows what he does about anything on other servers he shouldn't be able to see.

Goons are joining SA discord to escape the website, but all they're really doing is trading a lazy, passively shitty landlord for a handful of potentially malicious ones. For what it's worth, TT probably isn't a nazi as Ad by Khad alleges (who really is, that term has virtually no meaning anymore), because that would imply TT has his own opinions. TT's viewpoints are the viewpoints of whomever happens to be in his orbit at that moment, hence the danger for anyone concerned about building anything around this network of servers going forward.

What I find most interesting is that based on what I know of TT and have been told by others, he doesn't seem like one to engage in intrigue or espionage for his own ends. He's never seemed angry or malicious or have any kind of plan. So it makes me wonder who else involved pushed GDN down this path, developed the bot to have this functionality, and who currently benefits from it.

Last edited:

The Gag Knuckle

kiwifarms.net
Goons age like bread ugh

This is also evident in their constant lamenting of being ancient [in their 30s] and their collective snarling that anyone over 27 is a doddering old boomer. Like sure, if you live off processed carbs and get 0 exercise and never ever enjoy yourself you're going to be Done by the time you're 40, normal people not so much.

Learned Hand

kiwifarms.net
I always like to back up my claims with evidence when I can, so I thought I'd include some screenshots of GDN's logging and cataloging ability, which the interested parties use to keep tabs on users. After I made my earlier post someone whom recently had access PM'ed me these screenshots, which show just how precise their datamining and analytical ability is for policing thought crime. It's just the data on a random goon (Silverbells) who joined the server recently, but the lesson is profound:

1593620275491.png

1593620284495.png

1593620292128.png

This data is all pulled directly from GDN, and goes to show how far goons will go when it comes to stamping out wrongthink, and protecting their incestuous communities. As I said before, people are bailing on the website because Rich might be an abusive, lazy pillhead, but they're entering a curated environment where the same activist ideologues can do a lot more than just whitenoise post in anger with the things you type under their purview.

This screenshot is an example of the keyword search tools they use:

1593620551280.png

Attachments

• 1593620299213.png
    1593620299213.png
    341.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

X Prime

The God-Derivative
kiwifarms.net
It's worth noting that since I made that post, the general strategy by TT is to make it seem outwardly he's not involved with GDN/SA Discord at all and that Kale has exclusive control of the whole system -- which is untrue, TT has administrator and server owner on the SA Discord, and has total control of the bot.

I can confirm this. People have to contact Tempus Thales directly on Discord in order to get a blacklisting from GDN reversed. Sometimes he just undoes it, sometimes he checks with somebody to see if you're some kind of chud or whatever and doesn't undo it.

Brain Problems

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The goon discord stuff is amazingly retarded and maybe it's because I have nothing to do with discord outside of using it to play some games with friends here and there, but they're trying to treat them as little fiefdoms of commie right-thinking. The one I saw explicitly said not to post anything "right-wing" and of course has a tranny and a Bongistan cuck as the admins of it.

In other news, not even the SA tabletop/boardgaming community can avoid devolving into politics constantly and they're currently sperging out over purity testing companies, people, and conventions over supporting Nog Lives Matter and expelling harassers.

boardgameracissssm2.PNG

Bend the knee, racist! Say the slogan or else! Love that this faggot is so cucked he's preaching the choir and posting "black lives matter" as if he really needs to remind everyone that he's on the right side against the Nazi CHUDS. Truly euphoric.

boardgameracissssm.PNG

Good thing goons haven't watered down harassment to refer to anyone who disagrees with them or else there might be some abuse of it! This broad had a hissy fit earlier because a convention politely told her they didn't want to get into politics by publicly allying with the black supremacists so she chimped out and took her group elsewhere, as if one of the biggest cons in the area give a shit.

Yet again goons ruin fucking everything and can't keep their politics to themselves when it comes to something as anodyne and gay as tabletop.

X Prime

The God-Derivative
kiwifarms.net
The goon discord stuff is amazingly retarded and maybe it's because I have nothing to do with discord outside of using it to play some games with friends here and there, but they're trying to treat them as little fiefdoms of commie right-thinking. The one I saw explicitly said not to post anything "right-wing" and of course has a tranny and a Bongistan cuck as the admins of it.

They are incredibly scared of what they say being made public. When I recently posted some of the stupid stuff they were saying here, one Discord literally had a guy named T-man post a message with something like "KIWIFARMS IS ON THE SERVER, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING INCRIMINATING" over and over every couple of minutes alongside a picture of goatse as an attention-grabber. For literally hours.

EDIT: The message was " NEW PEOPLE PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS BEEN LEAKED TO KIWIFARMS ASSUME DOXXING IS GOING ON, DONT TRUST ANYONE WHOSE HANDLE YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE ALL COPS ARE BASTARDS"

Leonard Helplessness

kiwifarms.net
I always like to back up my claims with evidence when I can, so I thought I'd include some screenshots of GDN's logging and cataloging ability, which the interested parties use to keep tabs on users. After I made my earlier post someone whom recently had access PM'ed me these screenshots, which show just how precise their datamining and analytical ability is for policing thought crime. It's just the data on a random goon (Silverbells) who joined the server recently, but the lesson is profound:

View attachment 1420949
View attachment 1420950
View attachment 1420952

This data is all pulled directly from GDN, and goes to show how far goons will go when it comes to stamping out wrongthink, and protecting their incestuous communities. As I said before, people are bailing on the website because Rich might be an abusive, lazy pillhead, but they're entering a curated environment where the same activist ideologues can do a lot more than just whitenoise post in anger with the things you type under their purview.

This screenshot is an example of the keyword search tools they use:

View attachment 1420958
I would not have expected GDN to be running mass surveillance, data collection, and thoughtcrime analysis on every user. This shit would put INGSOC to shame.